soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, soulflower said:

WaPo: “Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘expletive’ countries in Oval Office meeting”

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from [expletive] countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump's remarks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-****hole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?__twitter_impression=true

America was built by immigrants who left "[expletive] countries."

Most Immigrants choose to leave their country in the hopes for experiencing financial and political stability in the US.

No one who is happy with the economic and political environment in their native country suddenly decides to emigrate to a completely different country. 

Yes, [expletive] countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

Edited by Baltimatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Yes, ****hole countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

A work ethic? Most Haitians I know put most Americans I know to shame when it comes to a work ethic. 

What kind of work ethic does Donny have? He seems pretty lazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Yes, ****hole countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

There is so much 'wrong' here, I don't know where to start... so I'll refrain altogether.

Suffice to say you have articulated the viewpoint of Trump's 'deplorable' base rather well.

The ballot box will tell the tale of how 'popular' such parochialism has actually become.

I suspect a grand flushing...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

A work ethic? Most Haitians I know put most Americans I know to shame when it comes to a work ethic. 

What kind of work ethic does Donny have? He seems pretty lazy. 

I noticed that during the campaign when he did 6 rallies per day while Hillbillary had a headache.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I noticed that during the campaign when he did 6 rallies per day while Hillbillary had a headache.  

He’s still camapaigning. I’m talking about the job he already has that he continues to campaign for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gonzoliberal said:

There is so much 'wrong' here, I don't know where to start... so I'll refrain altogether.

Suffice to say you have articulated the viewpoint of Trump's 'deplorable' base rather well.

The ballot box will tell the tale of how 'popular' such parochialism has actually become.

I suspect a grand flushing...

 

Just keep referring to the working class as "deplorable."  Please.  I am begging you.  It worked for Hillary and I want it to keep working for the sake of Wal*Mart workers everywhere who just got a 22% raise courtesy something Hillary would never have dreamed of.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

He’s still camapaigning. I’m talking about the job he already has that he continues to campaign for. 

And you think that is lazy?  LOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdsample said:

Just keep referring to the working class as "deplorable."  Please.  I am begging you.  It worked for Hillary and I want it to keep working for the sake of Wal*Mart workers everywhere who just got a 22% raise courtesy something Hillary would never have dreamed of.  

There is no better word than 'deplorable' to describe a citizen that would support and defend such a racist pig as Donald Trump.

It has nothing to do with 'class'.... but your desperation is noted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdsample said:

And you think that is lazy?  LOL.  

Very much so. You don’t? Do you realize who/what you’re defending? You can’t possibly claim to be a patriot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Very much so. You don’t? Do you realize who/what you’re defending? You can’t possibly claim to be a patriot. 

Well if you think Trump is lazy, I wouldn't want to work for you.  18 hour days are my limit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

There is no better word than 'deplorable' to describe a citizen that would support and defend such a racist pig as Donald Trump.

It has nothing to do with 'class'.... but your desperation is noted.

 

Please document his racism and porcine character.  School yard insults do not impress me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But he's NOT a racist!

Poor WH doesn't know whether to **** or go blind. Too many peeps there to deny it.

Yet another quote to be chiseled into the marble halls of the Trump Presidential Library and Casino/Timeshare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdsample said:

Yes, ****hole countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

All statistics on Immigrants refute your xenophobic remarks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Just keep referring to the working class as "deplorable."  Please.  I am begging you.  It worked for Hillary and I want it to keep working for the sake of Wal*Mart workers everywhere who just got a 22% raise courtesy something Hillary would never have dreamed of.  

You don’t speak for working class people of color or immigrants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdsample said:

Yes, ****hole countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

Immigrants over 16 have a higher rate of employment than native born Americans. Including Haitians.

Yo realize most immigrants have historically not spoken English and have been barely literate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ms maggie said:

Immigrants over 16 have a higher rate of employment than native born Americans. Including Haitians.

Yo realize most immigrants have historically not spoken English and have been barely literate?

I don’t know where the idea that immigrants are leeches on society comes from. 

It could only be believed by those who don’t know many immigrants. 

I’ve lived among immigrants most of my life and yes, they are some of the hardest working people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, soulflower said:

All statistics on Immigrants refute your xenophobic remarks

LOL.  You lost the working class so you need more dependent serfs to regain power.  

But was FDR a xenophobic bigot?  How about JFK?  Because zero immigration was the policy for them.  

Now that many are open to some immigration, should we import the poorest and most ignorant people on the planet, or some people that can contribute to the economy instead of feeding at the government teat.  Every civilized country on the planet opts for people who can contribute rather than occupying tenement housing on welfare making babies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  You lost the working class so you need more dependent serfs to regain power.  

But was FDR a xenophobic bigot?  How about JFK?  Because zero immigration was the policy for them.  

Now that many are open to some immigration, should we import the poorest and most ignorant people on the planet, or some people that can contribute to the economy instead of feeding at the government teat.  Every civilized country on the planet opts for people who can contribute rather than occupying tenement housing on welfare making babies.  

What immigrants are you hanging out with? :lol:

People don't leave their native countries to be poor in the US. With legal immigration, we generally get the cream of the crop for foreign countries. Which is why income and education levels of immigrants is generally higher than native born Americans. 

I know plenty of immigrants who came to the US with nothing and are now upper middle class or wealthy. They don't have any expectations that they're entitled to public assistance or charity. You can't judge a person's work ethic by their education level or income level. 

Please get some friends who are immigrants or get a clue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdsample said:

Yes, ****hole countries like Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc.    

Tell me how American taxpayers benefit from an illiterate Haitian refugee who can't speak English, can't do basic math, and doesn't know the business end of a pencil?  Immediate welfare recipient.  If you want to help him, go to Haiti with your retirement fund.  Or maybe the government could spend 10 trillion dollars and build everyone a high-rise condo with a Mexican maid?  I'll bet there would not be a peep from the left on the deficit with that plan.  Except damn it, then he couldn't vote for increases in his welfare check.  Better to build the high-rises on Padre Island and be sure the Mexican servants can vote too!  Then Texas might go Democrat!

What a stupid racist you are!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Immigrants over 16 have a higher rate of employment than native born Americans. Including Haitians.

Yo realize most immigrants have historically not spoken English and have been barely literate?

But do you give preference to illiterate people because of what occurred in the 1800's when illiteracy was commonplace?  Those people actively wanted to be American and speak English.  They changed their last names to not sound foreign.  But in those days we did not have a welfare state.  You kind of had to work or die.  

We have a choice now.  Choose illiterate people to add, or literate people.  Illiterates will go on the dole where in the past they worked their butts off, literates pay their own way.  What is best for the American citizen?  The responsibility of law makers is to look after the welfare of our citizens, not the poor of the world.  And how do pockets of people who really don't want to speak English, be American or assimilate help us?  I am sure you know (because you are very smart) that originally there were German schools in PA.  The Fed shut them down and made them convert to English.  (Somehow the Amish dodged that, but I never met one that didn't also know English.)  Anyway, some of us find it a little bit alarming that with waves of immigrants there are neighborhoods where no one speaks English.  And we support that with dozens of Spanish channels and all phone calls include a Spanish option.  

The only country I know that isn't divided by language is Belgium where half speak Flemish, French and German.  Quebec nearly divorced Canada because they speak French.   It won't happen in my lifetime, but nothing good can come of a country that isn't bilingual but has two separate populations speaking different languages.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

What a stupid racist you are!  

Look, I don't hate you because you are white.  I hate you because you are a stupid ********.  

So I am not technically a racist although I do hate Martians.  That is just obnoxious when antennas (or antennae for the well read) pop out of their green heads. I am just glad that My Favorite Martian was filmed in black and white.  I would have vomited like I did when I saw the witch in The Wizard of Oz. I''m glad they used up all the green make up before filming the show Bewitched.  Not being green made Samantha pretty hot.  The lack of antennas helped too.  Her only down side was she moved her nose in a funny way.   Although I have heard that was a trick.  Her nose didn't move it was her upper lip!  That is talent!  Rabbits can move their noses like that, but I am not sure if they use the same trick Elizabeth Montgomery used.  They live under my porch and I throw a few carrots out sometimes.  They seem very appreciative but will not eat out of my hand.  That would be cool.  I would like pet rabbits that live outside so I don't have to clean up after them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, soulflower said:

What immigrants are you hanging out with? :lol:

People don't leave their native countries to be poor in the US. With legal immigration, we generally get the cream of the crop for foreign countries. Which is why income and education levels of immigrants is generally higher than native born Americans. 

I know plenty of immigrants who came to the US with nothing and are now upper middle class or wealthy. They don't have any expectations that they're entitled to public assistance or charity. You can't judge a person's work ethic by their education level or income level. 

Please get some friends who are immigrants or get a clue. 

LOL.  Yeah.  The wealthiest brightest people are who we are letting in on a lottery system?  Are you serious?  

Play the lottery and see what you get.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soulflower said:

WaPo: “Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘expletive’ countries in Oval Office meeting”

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump's remarks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-****hole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?__twitter_impression=true

America was built by immigrants who left “s*it-hole” countries.

Most Immigrants choose to leave their country in the hopes for experiencing financial and political stability in the US.

No one who is happy with the economic and political environment in their native country suddenly decides to emigrate to a completely different country. 

His Grandfather was one. Why did he come here? Oh that’s right he didn’t do his duty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now