soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, jdsample said:

We have a choice now.  Choose illiterate people to add, or literate people.

Can we deport mouth breathering racist idiots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

Can we deport mouth breathering racist idiots?

 If they don't have citizenship or a green card I'm pretty sure we can deport them regardless of breathering or their views on race.  But I would be curious to know if breathering adds to global warming or mitigates it since I am unfamiliar with that biological phenomenon.  If these people cause a hole in the ozone layer, lets get rid of them.  But if they tend to mitigate cow flatulence and cause deep freezes well into June that would really help the ski industry and perhaps we should create a special Federal program for breatherers to stay.  You could adopt one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Americans that don’t believe in America, the Statue of Liberty, the first amendment, and democracy should be leaving voluntarily.  Call Putin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Ark & Dove landed at St. Mary’s City Father Andrew White and Leonard Calvert did not speak the local languages and had no intention to assimilate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jdsample said:

But do you give preference to illiterate people because of what occurred in the 1800's when illiteracy was commonplace?  Those people actively wanted to be American and speak English.  They changed their last names to not sound foreign.  But in those days we did not have a welfare state.  You kind of had to work or die.  

We have a choice now.  Choose illiterate people to add, or literate people.  Illiterates will go on the dole where in the past they worked their butts off, literates pay their own way.  What is best for the American citizen?  The responsibility of law makers is to look after the welfare of our citizens, not the poor of the world.  And how do pockets of people who really don't want to speak English, be American or assimilate help us?  I am sure you know (because you are very smart) that originally there were German schools in PA.  The Fed shut them down and made them convert to English.  (Somehow the Amish dodged that, but I never met one that didn't also know English.)  Anyway, some of us find it a little bit alarming that with waves of immigrants there are neighborhoods where no one speaks English.  And we support that with dozens of Spanish channels and all phone calls include a Spanish option.  

The only country I know that isn't divided by language is Belgium where half speak Flemish, French and German.  Quebec nearly divorced Canada because they speak French.   It won't happen in my lifetime, but nothing good can come of a country that isn't bilingual but has two separate populations speaking different languages.  

We have less foreign speaking people here, by %, than we did in the 1900s. Where is the proof of people not becoming English speakers?

We have the largest % of foreign born today that we've had since the 1900 immigration bubble. Yet unemployment is as low as it's been in decades. Where are all these illiterate immigrants on welfare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jdsample said:

 If they don't have citizenship or a green card I'm pretty sure we can deport them regardless of breathering or their views on race.  But I would be curious to know if breathering adds to global warming or mitigates it since I am unfamiliar with that biological phenomenon.  If these people cause a hole in the ozone layer, lets get rid of them.  But if they tend to mitigate cow flatulence and cause deep freezes well into June that would really help the ski industry and perhaps we should create a special Federal program for breatherers to stay.  You could adopt one!

Now that you bring it up, Donny doesn't appear to want people from [expletive] countries coming here.  Do you think he blames these people for causing the hole in the ozone layer?   

Edited by Baltimatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Ok even if he did,so what?

I know you guys want to make it a big deal and all but it's really just frank talk.

 

It’s a huge freakin deal.

You just have no shame in how low you will go to support the racist bitgited misogynistic toddler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, soulflower said:

I think the US would seem like a Craphole country to someone from Norway

I have a friend from high school that met someone from Norway 40 yrs ago. She moved there, married him and raised a family. We’re still in touch and I once asked her if she ever considered moving back to the US. She said it never crossed her mind in 40 years. She only came back twice; for her parents funerals. 

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:  

“Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense.. am I wrong?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Appears to be the same economic anxiety that caused many whites to vote for Trump.

It's called racism.

Trump to world: Send more white people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

We have less foreign speaking people here, by %, than we did in the 1900s. Where is the proof of people not becoming English speakers?

We have the largest % of foreign born today that we've had since the 1900 immigration bubble. Yet unemployment is as low as it's been in decades. Where are all these illiterate immigrants on welfare?

I have been in neighborhoods in Texas where I could not get directions.  All Espanol.  

Of course the unemployment numbers are great and getting better.  But they are the % of people actively looking for work.  You don't count if you go on welfare.  So I know of no figures on that.  
 As you said we have the largest foreign born population ever, and the last time we peaked we shut down immigration entirely for more than half a century.  I think we should proceed with caution.  The people in 1900 were not stupid.  When you have the highest % of foreign born people in history, do you open the flood gates and double that?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem is less with describing poor countries as ess-holes, (as POTUS he shouldn't speak this way). I've been to a few of these countries. My issue is the POTUS trying to run this country like one of his exclusive country clubs.

From day one, people have always come here to escape bad conditions and make a better life for their families. They are part of what makes us great.

Edited by Scaggsville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdsample said:

I have been in neighborhoods in Texas where I could not get directions.  All Espanol.  

Of course the unemployment numbers are great and getting better.  But they are the % of people actively looking for work.  You don't count if you go on welfare.  So I know of no figures on that.  
 As you said we have the largest foreign born population ever, and the last time we peaked we shut down immigration entirely for more than half a century.  I think we should proceed with caution.  The people in 1900 were not stupid.  When you have the highest % of foreign born people in history, do you open the flood gates and double that?  

In the IT world, Americans either don't have the skills or don't want the work in mass.  80-90% of the resumes I see are usually foreign-born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is just a vile individual. Sorry, those whose normally defend his comments --  can't possibly think these words are okay. You just can't. This man is a blight on our country. He needs to go.  :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Ok even if he did,so what?

I know you guys want to make it a big deal and all but it's really just frank talk.

That's just your opinion. 

To a lot of people it is racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Why is he a racist?

 

See there you go trying to justify a stance based on an opinion to make it sound valid.

That's just your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mcorioles said:

LOL,the self righteous liberal Sun board members .

The moral authorities who only stand up for women that have a D in front of their name

The ones who fawn over the Hollywood "elite"

The ones who make fun of Sara Huckaby and Kelly Ann Conway for their appearance.

The ones who engage in blasphemous behavior (if your religious)directed at Catholics.

The ones that aren't concerned about proven collusion,Hillary.....yet are convinced of Trumps guilt with still no evidence.

 

None of you have credibility to tell anyone what they are.

Well....that's just your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hst2 said:

It's called racism.

Trump to world: Send more white people.

LOL.  Apparently you don't read.  

Trump to the world:  We have the highest foreign born population in the history of America.  Last time that happened we shut down immigration for 60 years.  I'm not doing that but I'm going to slow the train down before we go off the rails.  We have a whole generation who need to learn English before they can get off government assistance.  

I know that infuriates lefties like you because the plan is always more people on government assistance that will vote for even more government assistance.  (And not get it because solving a problem removes an issue to campaign on and promises that you don't nee to keep.)  Well guess what?  We just saw what actual government assistance looks like.  Tax cuts and a 22% increase in wages and bonuses on top of that.  Crap!  Now some will get off government assistance and kind of notice that taxes cut into their budgets!  God help us they could vote Republican like the rest of the working class.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

There is so much 'wrong' here, I don't know where to start... so I'll refrain altogether.

Suffice to say you have articulated the viewpoint of Trump's 'deplorable' base rather well.

The ballot box will tell the tale of how 'popular' such parochialism has actually become.

I suspect a grand flushing...

 

And yet there are people on this board who think after we finish with these four years of Donald Trump...we're gonna elect him to do another four. 

I don't think they really believe it. They say it hoping to pizz "liberals off, but it's not only liberals who are going to make Donald the first one term president in decades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

He is just a vile individual. Sorry, those whose normally defend his comments --  can't possibly think these words are okay. You just can't. This man is a blight on our country. He needs to go.  :mad:

The Trumpists love him even more for it.  I'm surprised I haven't received an email from my dad about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

He is just a vile individual. Sorry, those whose normally defend his comments --  can't possibly think these words are okay. You just can't. This man is a blight on our country. He needs to go.  :mad:

My husband was laughing at me because all I could say was “I can’t believe he said that!” I was almost speechless. 

Yeah, this has gotten embarrassingly bad. The US is becoming the trailer trash of the world. 

As if that isn’t bad enough, he throws in the idiotic comment about Norway. Unfreakinbelievable. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boink said:

Trump may have put it indelicately, but really those countries aren't that desirable to live in.

Who would trade places?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

2013 Where-to-be-born-Index

Haiti nowhere to be found and only a few sub Saharan countries near the bottom of the list.

No sheet sherlock. That's why citizens from Haiti decide to become immigrants. 

People who live in stable and free countries are far less likely to become immigrants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

My problem is less with describing poor countries as ess-holes, (as POTUS he shouldn't speak this way). I've been to a few of these countries. My issue is the POTUS trying to run this country like one of his exclusive country clubs.

From day one, people have always come here to escape bad conditions and make a better life for their families. They are part of what makes us great.

The irony is that 90% of the employees at Trump's clubs and resorts are immigrants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jdsample said:

I noticed that during the campaign when he did 6 rallies per day while Hillbillary had a headache.  

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary. When all seems dark and hopeless just say "Hillary". Relive the glory days of the campaign of 2016 in a continuous loop just like they do in the West Wing on a daily basis.

I'll bet Donnie still has campaign posters in his bedroom, his bathroom and miniature replica on a key chain. Hey!!!, that's gives me an idea!!! Ebay!!!

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now