soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jdsample said:

Just keep referring to the working class as "deplorable."  Please.  I am begging you.  It worked for Hillary and I want it to keep working for the sake of Wal*Mart workers everywhere who just got a 22% raise courtesy something Hillary would never have dreamed of.  

No One is calling working class folk deplorable. That trick can't work twice. Nothing is going to get Donald a second term.

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary is having the biggest laugh of all.

Edited by prodigalson1

28 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

He is just a vile individual. Sorry, those whose normally defend his comments --  can't possibly think these words are okay. You just can't. This man is a blight on our country. He needs to go.  :mad:

People hate to admit they're wrong.

2018/2020

10 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

In the IT world, Americans either don't have the skills or don't want the work in mass.  80-90% of the resumes I see are usually foreign-born.

I can't argue with that.  I have worked in that business, as has the wife for many years.  

I don't think the Salvadorans who came homeless 17 years ago were IT professionals, nor were 3 year old "dreamers" dragged across the border by coyotes.  

Maybe instead of an immigration lottery we should screen for skills?  And more importantly, maybe we have stupid teachers in public schools?  Maybe that is where we need an upgrade?  I don't mean to pass a blanket condemnation on teachers, but if you graduate from high school and can't use a spread sheet and never wrote a BASIC program to say "Hello World" somebody failed.  There are IT jobs that start at $100/hr.  I had one.  And my only function was to track the progress of SAP experts customizing solutions for the employer.

Don't tell me Americans don't want a job like that.  They have simply been failed by the public schools.  OK, not failed, they passed with flying colors with lots of crap about whales and global warming and conservation in their heads.  So they were perfectly trained to rack up $200k in student loans to become teachers and indoctrinate the next generation or to flop Whoppers.  

Meanwhile, back in India...

'Sh**hole countries': Africa startled by Trump's sudden and vulgar attention https://foxbaltimore.com/story/africa-startled-by-trumps-sudden-and-vulgar-attention

“African governments quickly found themselves in an awkward position. As top recipients of U.S. aid, some hesitated to jeopardize it by criticizing Trump, especially as his administration has sought to slash foreign assistance.”

24 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Trump to the world:  We have the highest foreign born population in the history of America.  Last time that happened we shut down immigration for 60 years.  I'm not doing that but I'm going to slow the train down before we go off the rails. 

Along with the thing you said earlier about FDR, JFK and zero immigration, I’m very confused. What 60 year period in US history featured an immigration shut down? When was there zero immigration?

Every week, almost every day, this man pizzes people off. 7 more years??? 😂😂😂

Half of America would describe Baltimore the same as Trump supposedly described those countries..  Who cares?

Edited by Boobie

14 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

WH hasn't denied it, BTW.

Why does anybody always have to deny something  ?  Not denying something doesn't equal making it true . 

5 minutes ago, Boobie said:

Half of America would describe Baltimore the same as Trump supposedly described those countries..  Who cares?

LOL 

The so called source was second hand i.e. somebody told somebody . It's called hearsay .

1 hour ago, prodigalson1 said:

Well....that's just your opinion.

Nope,happens all,the time .

That's just your opinion.

No,if someone calls Trump a racist it's a fact.

Stop trying to be me.

You're intellectually not up to it,

Edited by mcorioles

That's just your opinion. 

To a lot of people it is racist. 

Snowflakes.

10 hours ago, songfourone said:

It’s a huge freakin deal.

You just have no shame in how low you will go to support the racist bitgited misogynistic toddler.

Is this the other shoe dropping?

Heres the thing...your liberal pearl clutching hand wringing is empty.

This time 2 weeks from now you guys will be on to the next "ctisis".

See what crying racist for 30 years gets you..........deaf ears.........

Once again the liberals get bent over someone speaking frankly.

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Once again the liberals get bent over someone speaking frankly.

What he said was frankly racist

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Along with the thing you said earlier about FDR, JFK and zero immigration, I’m very confused. What 60 year period in US history featured an immigration shut down? When was there zero immigration?

I don't recall the year they shut it down, but very early 1900s and the purpose was to insure people were assimilating and learning English.  They reopened immigration in 1965.  

I suspect that there was always a little leakage.  JFK seemed to like Cubans.  

37 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

No,if someone calls Trump a racist it's a fact.

Stop trying to be me.

You're intellectually not up to it,

That is only your opinion. 

I do not consider myself to be an "intellectual",  but I positively know when I'm listening to one. You sir, are definitely no intellectual. Not by a long shot.  😒

And me "trying to be you" ?!?!?! 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

You flatter yourself.😑

Edited by prodigalson1

40 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Edited by prodigalson1

36 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Nope,happens all,the time .

In your opinion, I suppose it does. But again, that's your opinion.

12 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I don't recall the year they shut it down, but very early 1900s and the purpose was to insure people were assimilating and learning English.  They reopened immigration in 1965.  

JFK wasn’t against immigrants. Plus Dems passed the current Immigration Laws in 1965

Just now, soulflower said:

JFK wasn’t against immigrants. Plus Dems passed the current Immigration Laws in 1965

The law of the land was no immigrants under JFK.  I don't know what was in his mind, but he didn't change that.  

And if you are saying LBJ signed a lottery system based on race, I think that entire generation should be condemned for stupidity.  

28 minutes ago, jdsample said:

The purpose was eugenics. Immigrants were considered genetically inferior to those of western European descent.

Trump and his supporters continue to believe in this discredited science.