soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

In your opinion, I suppose it does. But again, that's your opinion.

Lol,sure.

29 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

That is only your opinion. 

I do not consider myself to be an "intellectual",  but I positively know when I'm listening to one. You sir, are definitely no intellectual. Not by a long shot.  😒

And me "trying to be you" ?!?!?! 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

You flatter yourself.😑

Then stop emulating my posts.

Whats wrong with you?

Too funny.

57 minutes ago, soulflower said:

What he said was frankly racist

What he said is factually correct ,frankly.

Sorry there weren't any ****hole white only countries that fit the creiteria he could have used instead.

Maybe there is ?

Cant think of any mass migrations of white foreigners?

Now was it wrong and a stupid thing to say,absolutely.

Edited by mcorioles

53 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I don't recall the year they shut it down, but very early 1900s and the purpose was to insure people were assimilating and learning English.  They reopened immigration in 1965.  

This is not true. At no point was immigration shut down. There were changes made but nothing approaching a complete shut down.

19 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

What he said is factually correct ,frankly.

Sorry there weren't any ****hole white only countries that fit the creiteria he could have used instead.

Maybe there is ?

Cant think of any mass migrations of white foreigners?

Now was it wrong and a stupid thing to say,absolutely.

He proves over an over again that he's racist demagogue.

A president who pines for immigrants from one of the whitest nations on the planet while denigrating those who come from darker skinned countries  can be fairly described as racist.

And the Trump supporters prove themselves over and over again to be racist themselves.

One poster here even made a joke about Trump making undocumented immigrants out of the El Salvadorians who are here.

There's really no real point in belaboring it. Its as clear in the policies they support.

All that's left is their weak protestations.

Edited by hst2

42 minutes ago, jdsample said:

The law of the land was no immigrants under JFK.

No it wasn’t. Legal immigration most definitely occurred under JFK. He didn’t like the quota system we used and wanted to change it.

45 minutes ago, jdsample said:

The law of the land was no immigrants under JFK.  I don't know what was in his mind, but he didn't change that.  

And if you are saying LBJ signed a lottery system based on race, I think that entire generation should be condemned for stupidity.  

I’m aware that immigration was significantly scaled back between the 1920s and the 1960s but I don’t believe we admitted zero immigrants during those decades. 

13 minutes ago, hst2 said:

A president who pines for immigrants from one of the whitest nations on the planet while denigrating those who come from darker skinned countries  can be fairly described as racist.

And the Trump supporters prove themselves over and over again to be racist themselves.

One poster here even made a joke about Trump making undocumented immigrants out of the El Salvadorians who are here.

There's really no real point in belaboring it. Its as clear in the policies they support.

"Racist " is one of  those invented words  used to  close down an argument much like  "communist" was in the 50's. I doubt that   it even existed a hundred years ago .

Why Trump Can’t Understand Immigration From ‘****hole Countries’

excerpt;

Speaking to lawmakers Thursday, President Trump angrily pushed back on their desire to restore protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries and said the U.S. should instead seek immigrants from Norway, the country whose prime minister he welcomed Wednesday.

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump said, according to The Washington Post. NBC News confirmed the account. CNN reported that Trump said, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.” NBC added that someone in the room replied, “Because if you do, it will be obvious why.” The White House issued a statement in which a spokesman said the president “will always fight for the American people,” but did not deny Trump had made the remarks.

The president’s words are yet again shocking but not surprising. They are generally in fitting with his comments on immigration, but it is practically impossible to interpret them without consideration of race. Trump, who has a long history of racist comments, especially about African Americans, and xenophobic comments about non-Americans, singled out Haiti, a predominantly black country; El Salvador, a predominantly Hispanic country; and Africa as “****hole” places whose citizens are undesirable, while singling out Norway, an overwhelmingly white one, as a more salubrious source for immigrants. Late in 2017, The New York Times reported that Trump had complained that Haitian immigrants “all have AIDS” and that Nigerians who came to the U.S. would never “go back to their huts” in Africa. The White House denied those comments.

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Then stop emulating my posts.

That sir is your opinion.

Now, if that's something you say a lot, and you do say it a lot, what monopoly do you hold title to that prevents me or anyone else, from pointing out to you that most of what you say here on SunSpot is merely your opinion?

The Trumpnazees on this thread who are bending over backwards to defend these indefensible comments should be ashamed of themselves.  These comments aren't just "speaking frank"... they are ignorant and racist and wholly unacceptable for POTUS to make.  It's a damn shame that you are so blindly loyal to this orange mental patient that you refuse to acknowledge what is obvious to EVERYONE else.  What little credibility you folks may have had has just been flushed down the toilet.

1 hour ago, Duke of Earl said:

"Racist " is one of  those invented words  used to  close down an argument much like  "communist" was in the 50's. I doubt that   it even existed a hundred years ago .

Close.

Race is an invention.

Don't like racist? Fine. Trump is a eugenicist.

2 hours ago, soulflower said:

I’m aware that immigration was significantly scaled back between the 1920s and the 1960s but I don’t believe we admitted zero immigrants during those decades. 

We know that immigration policy was no admittance.  We also know that exceptions were made.  We imported Einstein, Fermi, and a bunch of German rocket scientists during those years.  I am open to allowing El Salvadoran rocket scientists and Nobel Prize winners admission.  We could even build a gate in the Trump wall that requires a Nobel Prize secret decoder ring to open.  Or station Alan Trebek on the border to quiz people on how to calculate the trajectory to Mars and how much fuel and time it would take.  Alternatively, if they just build a rocket and launch themselves into space and land in Montana we could just give them green cards upon reentry.  

37 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Close.

Race is an invention.

Don't like racist? Fine. Trump is a eugenicist.

I think abortion was invented by a eugenicist to rid the country of black people.  That is a leftwing position.  Trump doesn't support that, you do.  

16 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I think abortion was invented by a eugenicist to rid the country of black people.  That is a leftwing position.  Trump doesn't support that, you do.  

Srsly??!!

18 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

I have already heard him being referred to as President "****hole" over here. :lol:

3 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Srsly??!!

Just when you think that thing's posts can't get any dumber

Edited by banner1124

40 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Dumbest post of the century. 

Just now, PinkFlamingo said:

Dumbest post of the century. 

LOL.  A little reading on Margaret Sanger would help you.  The pro-choice movement was born in racism, and is now a left wing sacrament.  

3 hours ago, hst2 said:

If Haiti is not as Trump is supposed to have said , you should move there. 

8 minutes ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  A little reading on Margaret Sanger would help you.  The pro-choice movement was born in racism, and is now a left wing sacrament.  

I don't blame you for deflecting.

...though I hold you in contempt for your choice of deflection.

There's no defending Trump right now, unless you agree with his racist bullcrap.

4 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

I don't blame you for deflecting.

...though I hold you in contempt for your choice of deflection.

There's no defending Trump right now, unless you agree with his racist bullcrap.

By all means have all the abortions you like.  Just remember you are a participant in a racist sacrament.  

As far as I know, Trump disapproves of your racism.  And everyone else's racism.  

lmao.....

If you ran a poll of American asking

What do you think of Baltimore

a)    A place I'd like to live.

b)    A real slithole

-

-

-

b would win hands down

1 hour ago, jdsample said:

We know that immigration policy was no admittance.  We also know that exceptions were made.  We imported Einstein, Fermi, and a bunch of German rocket scientists during those years.  I am open to allowing El Salvadoran rocket scientists and Nobel Prize winners admission.  We could even build a gate in the Trump wall that requires a Nobel Prize secret decoder ring to open.  Or station Alan Trebek on the border to quiz people on how to calculate the trajectory to Mars and how much fuel and time it would take.  Alternatively, if they just build a rocket and launch themselves into space and land in Montana we could just give them green cards upon reentry.  

We have plenty of immigrants to the US who have won Nobel Prizes. 

We also have plenty from craphole countries who come here and become doctors, engineers, and scientists 

So what’s your point?