soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, hst2 said:

Yeah, she worked with that other noted racist, W.E.B DuBois.

You criticize eugenics and you don't even know that you essentially support it.

How do you "essentially support" something?  Does that mean you kind of support it but not really?  Or that you oppose it but not really?  What things to you essentially support?  Because I want to essentially oppose what you essentially support.  

13 hours ago, jdsample said:

Link?  1921-1965 there was a flat ban on immigration.  

What? Not true. Restrictions were introduced in the 20s, not a ban.

Edited by ms maggie

16 hours ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  A little reading on Margaret Sanger would help you.  The pro-choice movement was born in racism, and is now a left wing sacrament.  

Common misconception, that eugenics was an anti-black movement. It was widely popular in the early part of the 20th century. Teddy Roosevelt was a proponent.  The timing should give you a hint as to the driving force behind it in the US: it was primarily seen as a method to "control" the spread of immigrants and their children. Sanger worked among tenement populations of immigrants.

Eugenicists drive the movement for the immigration control laws introduced in the 20s. Limited immigration to mostly 3 nations, UK, Canada, Germany. (The Norways of their day...)

https://fee.org/articles/eugenics-immigration-and-the-end-of-open-borders/

Edited by ms maggie

4 hours ago, jdsample said:

How do you "essentially support" something?  Does that mean you kind of support it but not really?  Or that you oppose it but not really?  What things to you essentially support?  Because I want to essentially oppose what you essentially support.  

Your and Trump's stance on immigration is based on eugenics thinking. Read the link.

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Common misconception, that eugenics was an anti-black movement. It was widely popular in the early part of the 20th century. Teddy Roosevelt was a proponent.  The timing should give you a hint as to the driving force behind it in the US: it was primarily seen as a method to "control" the spread of immigrants and their children. Sanger worked among tenement populations of immigrants.

Eugenicists drive the movement for the immigration control laws introduced in the 20s. Limited immigration to mostly 3 nations, UK, Canada, Germany. (The Norways of their day...)

https://fee.org/articles/eugenics-immigration-and-the-end-of-open-borders/

Are you saying blacks were more highly thought of than Italians?  

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Your and Trump's stance on immigration is based on eugenics thinking. Read the link.

You posted no link.  

And what basis do you have to judge how my thinking is "based?"  I think your thinking is based on your moral superiority to everyone else and your mental superiority to black people and Mexicans.  I'm sure you would expand the list to include Asians except they are all doing rocket science, nuclear physics, and developing software companies while you continue to languish in an urban middle school providing your disservices to black children telling them they are getting screwed by the man so there is no hope in hell to get ahead in life so don't even try.  Do you provide crack in your classes or at least teach sales techniques on how market crack?  Do you have a class on how to make zip guns and buy and sell illegal firearms?  How about tattoo art?  These would all be important life skills to black children schooled that there is no hope in life because crackers will always hold them down.  At the end of the day look in the mirror.  You are the cracker holding them down.  I don't blame you.  You need that.  You need to feel morally and intellectually superior to someone other than squirrels.  So it is perfectly reasonable for you to crush the dreams of black children.  Imagine how it would suck if your are sitting around with your teacher's retirement check wondering if you could ever afford a retirement home while all you black students of the past grew up to be Neil deGrasse Tyson?  In that moment in your mobile home you would be wondering if there isn't one last brother who could come pop a cap in your ***.  

Edited by jdsample

25 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Are you saying blacks were more highly thought of than Italians?  

No. I'm saying immigration exploded about 1880-1920 and that was what drove the eugenics movement in the US. Black population much more stable as a proportion of population.

Plus the black migration out of the rural south didn't get full steam until the Depression. 

The tenements that drove the eugenics, anti-immigrant sentiment were a white immigrant phenom until after WW2.

The pro life crowd created this fiction that eugenics was all about birth control, it wasn't. And it specifically targeted black Americans, it didn't.

Edited by ms maggie

12 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Another one proven wrong who just blathers along.......

You don't think I can prove what I said???

Do you want me to?

I can give you an example of fact vs. opinion since you obviously think all you have to do is voice your opinion and people should take it as fact.

"Blathers"????? That is your opinion and it is not a fact just cause you said the word. Sheesh! You don't get it do you. Is there something wrong with you??? I'm just asking.

10 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

You don't think I can prove what I said???

Do you want me to?

I can give you an example of fact vs. opinion since you obviously think all you have to do is voice your opinion and people should take it as fact.

"Blathers"????? That is your opinion and it is not a fact just cause you said the word. Sheesh! You don't get it do you. Is there something wrong with you??? I'm just asking.

I just gave you a link proving what I said.

Whats your problem?

13 hours ago, mcorioles said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817/****-durbin-has-history-lying-about-private-white-ryan-saavedra

There you go took a 30 second search.

You goofs should know by now I don't make specific statements without knowing they are indeed FACTS...not opinions.

Where is your proof?

Has any senator contradicted Durbin on this? 

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Nope. Two R Senators "don't recall" 🙄. Senator Scott says Senator Graham told him the remarks were true. Graham evaded reporters' questions.

So no denials.

Well Trump. No credible denials.

11 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

I just gave you a link proving what I said.

Whats your problem?

What link ????? You mean this link???   **** Durbin

Here is what the link you gave says:

In 2013, Politico reported:

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told [President Barack Obama]: ‘I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend.

However, both the White House and the House speaker’s office denied Durbin’s account of events.

Asked about the post in the White House daily briefing, press secretary Jay Carney said he checked with a participant of the meeting in question.

“I looked into this and spoke with somebody who was in that meeting and it did not happen,” Carney said.

I am not disputing that!!!

Show me where I said I didn't believe that. I said 90% of what you say here is your opinion. Your link falls nto the 10%. What you said ref Durbin does not prove that what Durbin said this time was a lie. Does it?  Only about 33% of Americans think **** Durbin is lying about what Donald said. How many world leaders and allies, do you think ,doubt that Donald Trump said what Durbin says he said? Who lies the most to the American people, D. Durbin or Donald Trump?

6 minutes ago, boink said:

very touching article but unclear what it has to do with Trump's comment

none of the laureates are from Haiti and Africa

These winners are mostly in their 60s. Significant immigration from Africa started in the 80s. Haiti later than that. Give it a couple decades.

Read this.

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html

29 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

No. I'm saying immigration exploded about 1880-1920 and that was what drove the eugenics movement in the US. Black population much more stable as a proportion of population.

Plus the black migration out of the rural south didn't get full steam until the Depression. 

The tenements that drove the eugenics, anti-immigrant sentiment were a white immigrant phenom until after WW2.

The pro life crowd created this fiction that eugenics was all about birth control, it wasn't. And it specifically targeted black Americans, it didn't.

I will have to look at your link.  My understanding is eugenics is about selective birth control, either through abortion, or sterilizing selected classes of people.  In the most extreme cases, extermination of those classes.  The monstrous goal of course is to improve or purify the human race.  I don't have a link handy but I have heard of white doctors down south sterilizing black patients without their knowledge in the early or mid 20th century.  So no, eugenics is not all about birth control, but if the goal is to purify/improve the human race, birth control has to be an essential element.  

I find it a little funny that the evil pro-life movement are the same people who are accused of racism.  

10 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I will have to look at your link.  My understanding is eugenics is about selective birth control, either through abortion, or sterilizing selected classes of people.  In the most extreme cases, extermination of those classes.  The monstrous goal of course is to improve or purify the human race.  I don't have a link handy but I have heard of white doctors down south sterilizing black patients without their knowledge in the early or mid 20th century.  So no, eugenics is not all about birth control, but if the goal is to purify/improve the human race, birth control has to be an essential element.  

I find it a little funny that the evil pro-life movement are the same people who are accused of racism.  

Not accusing pro-life movement of racism. Accusing them of inventing lies. They tried to tar Sanger as a racist to discredit her and Planned Parenthood, which she founded.

Were black women sterilized without consent? Certainly, but again, not the major thrust of the movement, and not what Sanger promoted.

You really want to know about Sanger, read her writings.

And this is a great book that also talks about eugenics re lower class whites around the turn of the 19th century.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/books/review/white-trash-by-nancy-isenberg.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.google.com/

Good summary

http://knowgenetics.org/history-of-eugenics/

Edited by ms maggie

1 minute ago, ms maggie said:

Not accusing pro-life movement of racism. Accusing them of inventing lies. They tried to tar Sanger as a racist to discredit her and Planned Parenthood, which she founded.

You really want to know about Sanger, read her writings.

And this is a great book that also talks about eugenics re lower class whites around the turn of the 19th century.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/books/review/white-trash-by-nancy-isenberg.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.google.com/

He doesn't get that his own support for selective immigration policy is based on the eugenics thinking that he decries.

45 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Nope. Two R Senators "don't recall" 🙄. Senator Scott says Senator Graham told him the remarks were true. Graham evaded reporters' questions.

So no denials.

Well Trump. No credible denials.

Indeed.

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

He doesn't get that his own support for selective immigration policy is based on the eugenics thinking that he decries.

Critical thinking is a liberal conspiracy.

7 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Critical thinking is a liberal conspiracy.

Backed by Pres.Obama and Hillary Clinton.

24 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Weird. Saw data the other day re educational level by religion. Far and away the most highly educated Americans are Hindi. Jewish and Muslim both higher than Christian. Lowest is evangelical Christian, both black and white. The point being our leadership is going to be coming from non Norway groups. Seems to make some folks crazy.

There seems to be this misconception that being "American" is a DNA/ethnic thing. Like being Japanese or French. Weird.

1 hour ago, prodigalson1 said:

What link ????? You mean this link???   **** Durbin

Here is what the link you gave says:

In 2013, Politico reported:

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told [President Barack Obama]: ‘I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend.

However, both the White House and the House speaker’s office denied Durbin’s account of events.

Asked about the post in the White House daily briefing, press secretary Jay Carney said he checked with a participant of the meeting in question.

“I looked into this and spoke with somebody who was in that meeting and it did not happen,” Carney said.

I am not disputing that!!!

Show me where I said I didn't believe that. I said 90% of what you say here is your opinion. Your link falls nto the 10%. What you said ref Durbin does not prove that what Durbin said this time was a lie. Does it?  Only about 33% of Americans think **** Durbin is lying about what Donald said. How many world leaders and allies, do you think ,doubt that Donald Trump said what Durbin says he said? Who lies the most to the American people, D. Durbin or Donald Trump?

BS.

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Yes

2 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Yes

Link or another lie.

Cotton and Perdue attempted to provide a bit of cover with a lame "I don't recall", but nobody in the room has contradicted Durbin. Remarks continue to get glowing reviews from Trump's ideological soulmates....