21 posts in this topic

How the College Recruiting Process Works

The college athletic recruiting process is a time consuming and confusing process. It doesn’t have to be, and this is why recruiting services like UnderRecruited Preps, NCSA (Next College Student Athlete), and Be Recruited are for. Being recognized by a college coach is just one of the steps in the recruiting process. Academics and athletic ability play a big role in the athletic recruiting decisions college coaches make.

Minnesota State University-Mankato Head Women’s Hockey Coach John Harrington Talks About the Recruiting Process:

I think it starts out with young players being recognized. Whether the coaches go out and see them play, whether the players contact you and say “hey I'm interested and here's some of my information” and then the coaches get interested in you. I think with other coaches and hearsay it's just like “hey coach you better go see I've heard there's this good player at so and so high school that maybe you need to go and see this player play”, so it kind of starts that way.

Then the coaches go out and see you. They'll want to see them play it might be an assistant coach it might be multiple assistants and the head coach but they're going to make a decision on whether they think that there's some projection there is a good college player and then at that time it's just starting the contact just seeing what their grades are. Are they a good academic student? Are they able to go to college or feel that you think they can go to college? then watching them play”

Unofficial and Official visits

What is an unofficial visit? Any visit by you (student-athlete) and your parents to a college campus paid for by you or your parents. The only expense you may receive from the college is three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest. You may make as many unofficial visits as you like and may take those visits at any time. The only time you cannot talk with a coach during an unofficial visit is during a dead period.

What is an official visit? Any visit to a college campus by you and your parents paid for by the college. The college may pay all or some of the following expenses:

Ø  Your transportation to and from the college.

Ø  Room and meals (three per day) while you are visiting the college; and

Ø  Reasonable entertainment expenses, including three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest.

You must have a Certification Account with the NCAA Eligibility Center before you can go on an official visit.

I think getting out to see the schools is the first step in making sure you're academically qualified as well as athletically qualified to play at the college.

How long does the recruiting process last?

Remember choosing a university or college is not a 4-5-year decision. It’s a 40-50-year decision. College scholarships are very competitive. Be proactive and start the recruiting process early.

Sometimes it's a shorter timeframe sometimes it's something where if they're looking at other schools it takes a lot more time. 

Click here to watch the full interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhvN-ni0iM&t=4s

Create a recruiting profile via UnderRecruitedPrep.com

From Penn St Head Football Coach:

Edited by ShoNuff07

35 minutes ago, scoutbmore said:

Say NO to recruiting services!!!!!!

Amen!!!!!

Sometimes folks life hits you with the cold hard truth 

You arent good enough 

Sorry 

NCSA is a total

15 hours ago, ASAR said:

How the College Recruiting Process Works

The college athletic recruiting process is a time consuming and confusing process. It doesn’t have to be, and this is why recruiting services like UnderRecruited Preps, NCSA (Next College Student Athlete), and Be Recruited are for. Being recognized by a college coach is just one of the steps in the recruiting process. Academics and athletic ability play a big role in the athletic recruiting decisions college coaches make.

Minnesota State University-Mankato Head Women’s Hockey Coach John Harrington Talks About the Recruiting Process:

I think it starts out with young players being recognized. Whether the coaches go out and see them play, whether the players contact you and say “hey I'm interested and here's some of my information” and then the coaches get interested in you. I think with other coaches and hearsay it's just like “hey coach you better go see I've heard there's this good player at so and so high school that maybe you need to go and see this player play”, so it kind of starts that way.

Then the coaches go out and see you. They'll want to see them play it might be an assistant coach it might be multiple assistants and the head coach but they're going to make a decision on whether they think that there's some projection there is a good college player and then at that time it's just starting the contact just seeing what their grades are. Are they a good academic student? Are they able to go to college or feel that you think they can go to college? then watching them play”

Unofficial and Official visits

What is an unofficial visit? Any visit by you (student-athlete) and your parents to a college campus paid for by you or your parents. The only expense you may receive from the college is three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest. You may make as many unofficial visits as you like and may take those visits at any time. The only time you cannot talk with a coach during an unofficial visit is during a dead period.

What is an official visit? Any visit to a college campus by you and your parents paid for by the college. The college may pay all or some of the following expenses:

Ø  Your transportation to and from the college.

Ø  Room and meals (three per day) while you are visiting the college; and

Ø  Reasonable entertainment expenses, including three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest.

You must have a Certification Account with the NCAA Eligibility Center before you can go on an official visit.

I think getting out to see the schools is the first step in making sure you're academically qualified as well as athletically qualified to play at the college.

How long does the recruiting process last?

Remember choosing a university or college is not a 4-5-year decision. It’s a 40-50-year decision. College scholarships are very competitive. Be proactive and start the recruiting process early.

Sometimes it's a shorter timeframe sometimes it's something where if they're looking at other schools it takes a lot more time. 

Click here to watch the full interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhvN-ni0iM&t=4s

Create a recruiting profile via UnderRecruitedPrep.com

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS !! To much info on the internet that a coach or parent can do without wasting hundred of dollars !!

12 hours ago, ASAR said:

WOW.....as soon as you finish watching this video look what pops up as the VERY NEXT VIDEO:

4 hours ago, ECF said:

NCSA is a total

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS !! To much info on the internet that a coach or parent can do without wasting hundred of dollars !!

Amen to that ECF...just far TOO MUCH FREE INFO on the net as to how you get your student-athlete recruited!

How Division 2 Coaches Find Recruits

Edited by ASAR
Ignore

12 minutes ago, ASAR said:

Create a free recruiting profile at UnderRecruitedPrep.com

While you may love or hate certain recruiting services. Here is an interview from another college coach who uses recruiting services.

Looking at their record they may want to try another course of action 😂

4 hours ago, ASAR said:

Create a free recruiting profile at UnderRecruitedPrep.com

While you may love or hate certain recruiting services. Here is an interview from another college coach who uses recruiting services.

And when the last time this school has won more than 6 games....thanks to tghis so-call great service that help them find these marvelous recruits???

Anyways...we know how this works.  The free profile will give off alerts letting you know that a school is looking at you.  You won't get to know who is the "so-call" school looking at you until you PAY MONEY!

That is Ok, filling out recruiting questionnaires and actually reaching out to the coach yourself will get it done.

3 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

https://www.underrecruitedprep.com/faqs#

This has to be some sort of joke 

Folks can do this exact thing on Twitter for free 

No doubt!!!   It take a little work, but it is not a difficult thing to do!

Edited by ShoNuff07

I have spoken to Concordia St.Paul thru twitter DM and by email that I found by visiting their athletic website. There is only one recruiting service that I would endorse in this area and that would be National Preps ran by Zimmerman and staff. NO CHARGE TO STUDENTS/PARENTS !

1 hour ago, ECF said:

I have spoken to Concordia St.Paul thru twitter DM and by email that I found by visiting their athletic website. There is only one recruiting service that I would endorse in this area and that would be National Preps ran by Zimmerman and staff. NO CHARGE TO STUDENTS/PARENTS !

Donny is a good guy with a great service paid for by colleges, his clients.  Maybe I just missed it but I haven't heard of his annual January DII - DIII event.

Edited by DayWalker

7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Donny is a good guy with a great service paid for by colleges, his clients.  Maybe I just missed it but I haven't heard of his annual January DII - DIII event.

For uncommitted/unsigned/undecided seniors, the showcase was held yesterday at AACS.

1 minute ago, NPNation said:

For uncommitted/unsigned/undecided seniors, the showcase was held yesterday at AACS.

Okay cool.  The event has been there for several years lately.  He held it at your North Point High before going to Nap.  I vividly recall one time a college was looking for a LB when prospects they had in sight all fell through.  With Zimmerman's database to include film he sent out solicitations to some select players and one was picked up who the kid had nearly given up on playing college ball.  That player graduates in 2019 having already played 3-years starting since game 6 of his freshman season.

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Okay cool.  The event has been there for several years lately.  He held it at your North Point High before going to Nap.  I vividly recall one time a college was looking for a LB when prospects they had in sight all fell through.  With Zimmerman's database to include film he sent out solicitations to some select players and one was picked up who the kid had nearly given up on playing college ball.  That player graduates in 2019 having already played 3-years starting since game 6 of his freshman season.

There were between 50-60 schools (150 or so coaches) there yesterday ranging from FCS to D3 to look at about 175 players. I am sure there will be some players that will get offered based on the showcase. But there are opportunities to walk on at FCS and D2 if they want to take that chance or go to a D3 school for those who will not get offered. Some of the D3 schools can be generous in their merit and need based scholarships for kids wanting to go to a D3 school to a point where they pay very little or nothing to go to school.  

Edited by NPNation

9 hours ago, ECF said:

7 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yes sir, Mr Zimmerman runs honest camps!  If a student-athlete contact his company he will put you in his database so his 200+ clients can review it for possible opportunities at the next level....FOR FREE!!!!