Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heisenberg

Tucker Carlson defends racist Trump comments

87 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

I've been to Haiti and it is a ****hole. And the politicians here in Puerto Rico don't get their heads out of their asses PR could soon become a real ****hole. Does that make me a racist because I'm white and I am fearful my home made up mostly of brown skinned folks could become a ****hole? 

He wasn't just talking about Haiti.  He was talking about all of Africa as well. Are you willing to go on record as believing all of Africa is a sh**thole as well?

35 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Hard to argue that. But IMO it's not presidential to say whatever the hell comes out of your head to your mouth without filtering.

If you ask a Haiti immigrant if his country is a sheet hole they would probably say not yes but hell yes. But that was a major bonehead statement by Trump and another one that has a nail in his coffin. 

No argument there. But any president should be able to vent without someone like a **** Durban running to the press to squeal on him. Durban saw this as a political opportunity and ran with it. I wish Trump would admit to saying it let the chips fall where they may. Honest people know Trump was referring to governments who have read their countries into the ground with corruption and greed and the people suffer for it. Governments turn countries into ****holes.

5 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

He wasn't just talking about Haiti.  He was talking about all of Africa as well. Are you willing to go on record as believing all of Africa is a sh**thole as well?

First you need to define sh**thole.

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I specifically mentioned Haiti because I've been there. I have not been to any African countries so no I will not go on record with that. I will say I have no doubt many who risk their lives to leave Africa are trying to escape a ****hole country. Why else would most folks want to leave their home? 

4 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

No argument there. But any president should be able to vent without someone like a **** Durban running to the press to squeal on him. Durban saw this as a political opportunity and ran with it. I wish Trump would admit to saying it let the chips fall where they may. Honest people know Trump was referring to governments who have read their countries into the ground with corruption and greed and the people suffer for it. Governments turn countries into ****holes.

Dishonest people spin it that way.  Honest people know that the truth is trump is just a racist doosh bag.  African immigrants are among the best educated immigrants we have here and yet we don't want anymore people from those sh**thole countries, but more people from Norway instead.  Hmmmm... wonder what the main difference would be between those two types of immigrants? :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

I've been to Haiti and it is a ****hole. And the politicians here in Puerto Rico don't get their heads out of their asses PR could soon become a real ****hole. Does that make me a racist because I'm white and I am fearful my home made up mostly of brown skinned folks could become a ****hole? 

Good point and I hope to hell that doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

I specifically mentioned Haiti because I've been there. I have not been to any African countries so no I will not go on record with that. I will say I have no doubt many who risk their lives to leave Africa are trying to escape a ****hole country. Why else would most folks want to leave their home? 

Again, just because someone wants to leave their country doesn't mean it's a ****hole.  Perhaps they are a minority in their home in some way shape or form?  Maybe in that country it's next to impossible to climb the economic ladder if you're born at the bottom.  Perhaps they cannot support their family with whatever skill they have in the country where they live.  I could go on and on.  The bottom line is that what trump said was deplorable and anyone who defends it is, in my opinion, damn near just as deplorable.

Just now, jonsensback said:

Good point and I hope to hell that doesn't happen.

Don't worry... if things get too bad trump will go back over there and chuck some more paper towels at them... that'll surely get things moving

45 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Didn't Trump also say the people from Haiti all have aids or something like that? Or did I just make that up?

You'd have to ask Durbin.  Meanwhile... http://www.unaids.org/en/regionscountries/countries/haiti

"In 2016, Haiti had 7900 (6000 - 11 000) new HIV infections and 4600 (3500 - 6100) AIDS-related deaths. There were 150 000 (140 000 - 170 000) people living with HIV in 2016, among whom 55% (50% - 61%) were accessing antiretroviral therapy. Among pregnant women living with HIV, 71% (62% - 81%) were accessing treatment or prophylaxis to prevent transmission of HIV to their children. An estimated <1000 (<500 - <1000) children were newly infected with HIV due to mother-to-child transmission. Among people living with HIV, approximately 38% (35% - 42%) had suppressed viral loads.  

The key populations most affected by HIV in Haiti are:

• Sex workers, with an HIV prevalence of 8.4%.
  • Gay men and other men who have sex with men, with an HIV prevalence of 18.2%.
  • Prisoners, with an HIV prevalence of 4.3%."

The good news:

"Since 2010, new HIV infections have decreased by 25% and AIDS-related deaths have decreased by 24%." 

2 minutes ago, workerbee said:

You'd have to ask Durbin.  Meanwhile... http://www.unaids.org/en/regionscountries/countries/haiti

"In 2016, Haiti had 7900 (6000 - 11 000) new HIV infections and 4600 (3500 - 6100) AIDS-related deaths. There were 150 000 (140 000 - 170 000) people living with HIV in 2016, among whom 55% (50% - 61%) were accessing antiretroviral therapy. Among pregnant women living with HIV, 71% (62% - 81%) were accessing treatment or prophylaxis to prevent transmission of HIV to their children. An estimated <1000 (<500 - <1000) children were newly infected with HIV due to mother-to-child transmission. Among people living with HIV, approximately 38% (35% - 42%) had suppressed viral loads.  

The key populations most affected by HIV in Haiti are:

• Sex workers, with an HIV prevalence of 8.4%.
  • Gay men and other men who have sex with men, with an HIV prevalence of 18.2%.
  • Prisoners, with an HIV prevalence of 4.3%."

The good news:

"Since 2010, new HIV infections have decreased by 25% and AIDS-related deaths have decreased by 24%." 

So that means all Haitians have Aids. Got it. ;)

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

So that means all Haitians have Aids. Got it. ;)

Is that what Durbin said the president said?

6 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Don't worry... if things get too bad trump will go back over there and chuck some more paper towels at them... that'll surely get things moving

Yes, he is to blame for PR's problems that just happened when he got into office.:rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Yes, he is to blame for PR's problems that just happened when he got into office.:rolleyes: 

Some leaders lead...while others throw paper towels at the victims in a time of crisis. :D

Of course, doing nothing works well too.

Edited by ncbirdfan

8 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Again, just because someone wants to leave their country doesn't mean it's a ****hole.  Perhaps they are a minority in their home in some way shape or form?  Maybe in that country it's next to impossible to climb the economic ladder if you're born at the bottom.  Perhaps they cannot support their family with whatever skill they have in the country where they live.  I could go on and on.  The bottom line is that what trump said was deplorable and anyone who defends it is, in my opinion, damn near just as deplorable.

HAITI: TRYING TO STAY ENGAGED AMID CORRUPTION AND POVERTY:  http://blog.transparency.org/2015/12/22/haiti-trying-to-stay-engaged-amid-corruption-and-poverty/

"It is hard to imagine that Haitians will actually go to polls on 27 December to vote in the second round of the presidential and municipal elections. There has been so much talk of electoral fraud, violence and intimidation from the first round in October, ordinary people just don’t know what to believe.  On 17 December the president appointed a special commission to review the situation.
This sad situation is a consequence of having weak institutions that are unable to respond to the instability and economic downturn that is ruining any semblance of hope for a better future. Corruption remains rife; political in-fighting the norm. More and more people are sliding into povertyand despair."

No this last sentence is not in reference to the USA

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Some leaders lead...while others throw paper towels at the victims in a time of crisis. :D

Of course, doing nothing works well too.

So you and banner blame Trump for all of PR's issues yet a PR resident blames the local government.

Gee, who can we believe.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

So you and banner blame Trump for all of PR's issues yet a PR resident blames the local government.

No, unlike Trump I don't usually work with absolutes. But Trump and his team have dropped the ball on this big time. Most other presidents would have stepped in and helped by now; now if Trump could make some money for himself in the process, then he's jump right in himself.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I thought you were against such generalizations like the ones Trump made? Oh right. Wrong skin color for you. :rolleyes:

Exactly he always hide behind his sheet and try and pretend to not be racist. Anybody that can be one Rumps side is no better than he is.

1 hour ago, gonzoliberal said:

Do you know what most people think of when you use the term [Trump allegedly used]?

Words have meanings.

That is not an answer to the question I asked.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Do you believe that all Haitians have AIDs?

No.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

Have you ever visited Haiti? It's a poor country with many many wonderful people. Should iy be called a ******* by a leader of another country?

Again, not an answer to the question I asked.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I thought you were against such generalizations like the ones Trump made? Oh right. Wrong skin color for you. :rolleyes:

Again, not an answer to the question I asked.

BTW, what "skin" color is Haiti?

I'm not sure which is worse - the POTUS using gutter language or the people defending it.

2 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Dude, the countries people are leaving and risking their lives to get to America are [crapholes]. Why else would they be risking their lives to get the hell out? 

Dumb logic. People leave America too. So according to you the US is a ****hole. 

28 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Neither one of us said we blame trump for all of PR's issues.  Don't put words in our mouths please.  Thanks.