Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

Gonzales poll - Hogan leads all democratic challengers by nearly 10% or more

86 posts in this topic

This is why no elected Maryland dems are rushing to run for LT. Governor. 

If Hogan is not re-elected ...frankly ... I would be SHOCKED. But anything can happen. Hey we got the Donald. :lol:

IMO... I really think those that have thrown their hat into the dem ring are doing so as to test the waters and build a network for a run after Hogans done.

Of course; after that dem buggers things up;)....Hogan could run again. Little known fact gang....in MD a gov can run two terms...take a break ...and become governor again.

There will be a Democratic tsunami in November and I predict Hogan will be among the many going down.

5 hours ago, Gertrude said:

There will be a Democratic tsunami in November and I predict Hogan will be among the many going down.

I would take that bet.  The numbers don't add up.  Unless some of his support changes sides, any democrat is going to have to take 80% of the undecideds to win.  That seems unlikely.  Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.   Hogan has walked the fine line between not supporting Trump and not offending any republican base that does support Trump.  Outside of Baltimore City, and the Washington suburbs, the rest of the state is overwhelmingly supporting him.  None of the democratic challengers has any real statewide recognition to eat into his lead.  Unless he screws something up badly it is his race to win at this point.  

5 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Hogan got his "Trump" shot, just like people get flu shots. 

Only ONE dem has even announced a Lt. Governor candidate to run with them. 

13 hours ago, Gertrude said:

You are partially correct. But it will not impact Hogan. Barring a scandal or a major screw up, he's staying. Get used to it. :)

I like Hogan and think he is doing a really good job as governor.  I just hope that after he gets re-elected, he doesn't go right wing crazy.

What's wrong with what the Democrats are doing in Maryland and in Baltimore that suddenly makes Hogan a better choice? 

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

What's wrong with what the Democrats are doing in Maryland and in Baltimore that suddenly makes Hogan a better choice? 

2015 Riots

Screwed up schools.

MOM tax increase, none under Hogan

Widening Rt 404

Pro-environment (opposes fracking, pro Paris Accords)

11 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

2015 Riots

Screwed up schools.

MOM tax increase, none under Hogan

Widening Rt 404

Pro-environment (opposes fracking, pro Paris Accords)

I want to see a final decision on a new span connecting the Eastern and Western shores. I think it’s going to be tough for Hogan. Look how much vigor the Democratic machine gave towards the meaningless mayoral job in Annapolis. Montgomery County voters will think they are voting against Trump even though the Governor clearly despises him.

36 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I like Hogan and think he is doing a really good job as governor.  I just hope that after he gets re-elected, he doesn't go right wing crazy.

Why would if he hasn’t already? Matter of fact find one iota of evidence that he has ever gone “right wing crazy” whatever that means. This is Maryland with a House That has a huge liberal majority. The chances of him going right wing crazy is as good as me playing in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Why would if he hasn’t already? Matter of fact find one iota of evidence that he has ever gone “right wing crazy” whatever that means. This is Maryland with a House That has a huge liberal majority. The chances of him going right wing crazy is as good as me playing in the NFL.

Wait until the Democrats' ads come out.  They're trying so desperately to turn Hogan into Trump.  :D 

15 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I didn't say that he has or will go far right and I really don't think he will but he may try to push some of the right wing agenda.  Sometimes his posts on Facebook get a bit to partisan for me.  I actually prefer having a Republican governor with a Democrat GA (or vice-versa).  I voted for Erlich and Hogan for just that reason.  I did not like it when the Dems ruled everything in Maryland just like I don't like it that the Reps rule everything in DC.

34 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I didn't say that he has or will go far right and I really don't think he will but he may try to push some of the right wing agenda.  Sometimes his posts on Facebook get a bit to partisan for me.  I actually prefer having a Republican governor with a Democrat GA (or vice-versa).  I voted for Erlich and Hogan for just that reason.  I did not like it when the Dems ruled everything in Maryland just like I don't like it that the Reps rule everything in DC.

Agreed. I would prefer 50-50 nation wide but That will never happen. But I can dream can’t I:D

My only point is that Hogan has governed as a moderate and I see no indication that will change.

8 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Agreed. I would prefer 50-50 nation wide but That will never happen. But I can dream can’t I:D

My only point is that Hogan has governed as a moderate and I see no indication that will change.

I hope you are right that he stays a moderate. Once he is re-elected though he doesn't have to worry about staying moderate because he can't run for a consecutive third term.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I want to see a final decision on a new span connecting the Eastern and Western shores. I think it’s going to be tough for Hogan. Look how much vigor the Democratic machine gave towards the meaningless mayoral job in Annapolis. Montgomery County voters will think they are voting against Trump even though the Governor clearly despises him.

Old saying 'Paybacks are a bytch'.

It would be way way to funny if Hogan gets the GA etc etc all wound up about the bridge expansion...yes great idea....build it build it...and like O'Mally did with the red line ....just stalls and stalls....leads right to the edge of starting....and leaves Hogan leaves office at the end of the term.

Leaving the new Dem....looking at the ourtrageous expense etc of it.....leaving the new Gov.....with a choice and catches the flak like Hogan did.

Hhahahahhahhahhahahahahahahaha.

'Revenge is a dish best served cold....it is very cold in space'  - Kahn

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Wait until the Democrats' ads come out.  They're trying so desperately to turn Hogan into Trump.  :D 

You betcha......thats coming as sure as the sun rises in the east.

6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I hope you are right that he stays a moderate. Once he is re-elected though he doesn't have to worry about staying moderate because he can't run for a consecutive third term.

Yes but he can rest up for a term while the dem gov screws things up.....then come back like the Calvary for a third to rescue MD.

That is provided he is not in Congress by then. :)

8 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

How much could he do in this state when there is a minority rep in Maryland? The only thing he can do is keep the state from going full blown left wing crazy. Which is a good thing for most which is why he won his first term and will win his next.

8 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

How much could he do in this state when there is a minority rep in Maryland? The only thing he can do is keep the state from going full blown left wing crazy. Which is a good thing for most which is why he won his first term and will win his next.

I agree that he really couldn't get a right wing agenda up and running.  I have relatives who are full blown right wing crazy and I could live with left wing crazy easier than I could live with right wing crazy although I would rather have neither. :)

6 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

That's about it too.  The Democrat-controlled MGA can and will override anything Hogan vetoes just because he is not a Democrat.

Hogan governs as a moderate because he is a moderate.  There was very little about Ehrlich that was moderate.  

Hogan's secret weapon is that Kamenetz is so completely and insufferably obnoxious and phony.   

15 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Yes but he can rest up for a term while the dem gov screws things up.....then come back like the Calvary for a third to rescue MD.

That is provided he is not in Congress by then. :)

I'm well aware that he could come back but if he goes too far right the Democrats would not elect him for a third term.  Remember Erlich?  

24 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I agree that he really couldn't get a right wing agenda up and running.  I have relatives who are full blown right wing crazy and I could live with left wing crazy easier than I could live with right wing crazy although I would rather have neither. :)

Agree sort of. I’m a moderate and have no use for either extreme side of politics and I think the majority of the country agrees. We just need to find moderates that can run and win.

Think we have one as governor now finally.

Edited by jonsensback

25 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Agree sort of. I’m a moderate and have no use for either extreme side of politics and I think the majority of the country agrees. We just need to find moderates that can run and win.

Think we have one as governor now finally.

Agree.  I really, really long for the day when moderates take over.  I just don't think I will live to see it.