Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

Gonzales poll - Hogan leads all democratic challengers by nearly 10% or more

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

I'm well aware that he could come back but if he goes too far right the Democrats would not elect him for a third term.  Remember Erlich?  

I wasn't sure you did. I don't think that Hogan will swing to far right. He is (at least to me) a citizen-governor NOT a political animal-governor.At least at the moment. Unlike Erlich who I am sure was looking for the next political 'rung' and was thinking he had better suck up to the GOP....stupidly forgetting that he lived in a very very blue state.

Hogan is a businessman who became a politician....Erlich was a politician who was a professional politician.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I didn't say that he has or will go far right and I really don't think he will but he may try to push some of the right wing agenda.  Sometimes his posts on Facebook get a bit to partisan for me.  I actually prefer having a Republican governor with a Democrat GA (or vice-versa).  I voted for Erlich and Hogan for just that reason.  I did not like it when the Dems ruled everything in Maryland just like I don't like it that the Reps rule everything in DC.

As you saw from the sick leave bill, trying to push a right wing agenda would be a waste of time.

25 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

As you saw from the sick leave bill, trying to push a right wing agenda would be a waste of time.

Yes, I just don't want him wasting time trying.

I sometimes forget just how blue Maryland is supposed to be because I live in a red county.

Edited by mrsmlh

34 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I wasn't sure you did. I don't think that Hogan will swing to far right. He is (at least to me) a citizen-governor NOT a political animal-governor.At least at the moment. Unlike Erlich who I am sure was looking for the next political 'rung' and was thinking he had better suck up to the GOP....stupidly forgetting that he lived in a very very blue state.

Hogan is a businessman who became a politician....Erlich was a politician who was a professional politician.

We'll see.

I like Hogan because he isn't a career politician.  

1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

Agree.  I really, really long for the day when moderates take over.  I just don't think I will live to see it.

You and me both. Hopefully our grandkids will but that’s not a good bet either.

27 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You and me both. Hopefully our grandkids will but that’s not a good bet either.

Not one I would put my money on

Edited by bmore_ken

With rising stars like Chelsea Manning and Clay Aiken the blue wave is as inevitable as Hillary's presidential election.

5 hours ago, jonsensback said:

How much could he do in this state when there is a minority rep in Maryland? The only thing he can do is keep the state from going full blown left wing crazy. Which is a good thing for most which is why he won his first term and will win his next.

Like you've said, even if he should (won't happen) go "far right wing," there is a majority (some far left wing) to stop him. I'm not worried about it at all.

22 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Like you've said, even if he should (won't happen) go "far right wing," there is a majority (some far left wing) to stop him. I'm not worried about it at all.

Not to mention he hasn’t shown any right wing leanings what so ever.

I think we are safe;).

Just now, jonsensback said:

Not to mention he hasn’t shown any right wing leanings what so ever.

I think we are safe;).

I would say so.

8 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Wait until the Democrats' ads come out.  They're trying so desperately to turn Hogan into Trump.  :D 

There is no doubt that will be the strategy.  The people running on the democratic side have no statewide name recognition and really nothing big to run on.  His favorability ratings alone show that people are happy with what Hogan has done, and more importantly there isn't anything that Hogan has done that people are overwhelmingly against.  Unlike Ehrlich, he has held his own against the democratic GA, but managed to stay out of any major battles with them.  The only strategy with a chance at paying off is to associate Hogan with Trump.  

Here's the only ad anyone will ever need if Kamenetz is on the Democrats' ticket.

^^^^^^^

As I said .....Kam is a dem version of Trump ....with better hair. :lol:

Frankly if he were my neighbor and acted like he does ...to my face... I would be in jail for assault.

He is a FCJO

I agree that Hogan has done a good job governing as a moderate.  I think that he will be reelected because of that.  

Also, I don't see a Dem who is head and shoulders over the group presently running.  A lot of mediocre.

Edited by Patapeake

On 1/12/2018 at 5:41 PM, Gertrude said:

There will be a Democratic tsunami in November and I predict Hogan will be among the many going down.

What do you want to bet Hogan is our governor in 2019?

On 1/13/2018 at 0:32 PM, Guido2 said:

Yes but he can rest up for a term while the dem gov screws things up.....then come back like the Calvary for a third to rescue MD.

That is provided he is not in Congress by then. :)

Cavalry brother Guido, Calvary is where Jesus was crucified.😉

Well Hogan just gave his would-be opponent something to hit him with. I'm referring to his sick leave veto obviously.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:41 PM, johnpolitics said:

Hogan got his "Trump" shot, just like people get flu shots. 

Only ONE dem has even announced a Lt. Governor candidate to run with them. 

Who is that?

1 minute ago, Woodbuchr said:

Who is that?

Jealous announced his pick around Xmas. 

1 minute ago, johnpolitics said:

Jealous announced his pick around Xmas. 

Who did he announce as his running mate?

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Well Hogan just gave his would-be opponent something to hit him with. I'm referring to his sick leave veto obviously.

Depends on what the new law does to effect businesses ......

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

He detailed his reasons for the veto and then offered a compromise solution.  The GA ignored it.  The sick leave bill isn't likely to be a big issue one way or the other.  

7 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

He detailed his reasons for the veto and then offered a compromise solution.  The GA ignored it.  The sick leave bill isn't likely to be a big issue one way or the other.  

It’s common sense legislation. Everyone gets sick. Did Hogan get paid during his cancer treatment? I rest my case.