Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

Gonzales poll - Hogan leads all democratic challengers by nearly 10% or more

65 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

It’s common sense legislation. Everyone gets sick. Did Hogan get paid during his cancer treatment? I rest my case.

State Government with millions if not billions of dollars available and a small business trying to make it on a shoestring are two entirely different things.

I rest my case.

10 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

It’s common sense legislation. Everyone gets sick. Did Hogan get paid during his cancer treatment? I rest my case.

Hogan didn't seek to kill sick leave legislation, just to correct some obvious flaws with the original bill.  In usual fashion, democrats who claim they are much more willing to compromise than their republican counterparts fall woefully short when it comes to action.   

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

Hogan didn't seek to kill sick leave legislation, just to correct some obvious flaws with the original bill.  In usual fashion, democrats who claim they are much more willing to compromise than their republican counterparts fall woefully short when it comes to action.   

That's politics. 

Don’t count your Hogan chickens before they’re hatched. Right now his chances for re-election are pretty good. We have a long way to go.

He’d have my vote at this point and I really don’t even want to vote for him. I’ll let you know when I change my mind. 

10 hours ago, Gertrude said:

It's not common sense legislation. Hogan explained why. Chain restaurants, for example, will absorb it.  The privately owned little diner by my house?  Privacy? Not-so-much. You don't want to understand. So, I rest my case.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-1130-sick-leave-20171128-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-szeliga-letter-20171221-story.html

Edited by Sprightly

12 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Don’t count your Hogan chickens before they’re hatched. Right now his chances for re-election are pretty good. We have a long way to go.

He’d have my vote at this point and I really don’t even want to vote for him. I’ll let you know when I change my mind. 

The suspense will be brutal waiting for your approval:lol:

4 hours ago, Sprightly said:

It's not common sense legislation. Hogan explained why. Chain restaurants, for example, will absorb it.  The privately owned little diner by my house?  Privacy? Not-so-much. You don't want to understand. So, I rest my case.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-1130-sick-leave-20171128-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-szeliga-letter-20171221-story.html

He didn’t give much of an explanation in the video. Only that it would “not make it easier for small businesses to stay in Maryland”. Which may be true, or it may not, but all employees should be entitled to paid sick leave. 

Besides your cringey word salad of a post, I wonder if you even read that first link. It didn’t really support Hogan’s decision. 

People in Maryland understand Hogan better than the out-of-state posters.

Some Democrats will vote for the Democrat no matter what if the opponent is a Republican.

Hogan is basically a moderate, pro-business RINO.

Hogan's biggest problem is going to come from one-issue (CCW) Republicans, some of whom have already said they won't support him again over that issue and his not doing anything about it during his term.

No matter what he's done to help Baltimore, like during the riots or calling for accountability, Pugh and other Democrats are never going to support him for reelection.  Other voters are angry with him over the Red Line and can't see beyond that single issue. 

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

The suspense will be brutal waiting for your approval:lol:

He will vote Democrat. He will find an excuse to vote against Hogan. I did vote for Hogan in 2014 because Brown wanted to be MOM JR. I only expected him to hold the line on taxes. He has exceeded my expectations. Unless he goes full liberal, I will likely vote for him again.

Edited by Manny

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

He didn’t give much of an explanation in the video. Only that it would “not make it easier for small businesses to stay in Maryland”. Which may be true, or it may not, but all employees should be entitled to paid sick leave. 

Besides your cringey word salad of a post, I wonder if you even read that first link. It didn’t really support Hogan’s decision. 

This is the response you earned for that snippy comment.

Zero.

21 hours ago, Struds said:

Cavalry brother Guido, Calvary is where Jesus was crucified.😉

oppps....damn spell check.....:lol:

11 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

This is the response you earned for that snippy comment.

Zero.

I'm heartbroken. :rolleyes:

On 1/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, johnpolitics said:

2015 Riots

Screwed up schools.

MOM tax increase, none under Hogan

Widening Rt 404

Pro-environment (opposes fracking, pro Paris Accords)

Hogan eschews Trump, that's definitely something that will keep him on the good side of a lot of dems 

Edited by Saticon3

13 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Why can’t a diner absorb it?  Servers can pick the slack from absent workers. More  tables mean more tips. The restaurant doesn’t really lose per se. 

11 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Why can’t a diner absorb it?  Servers can pick the slack from absent workers. More  tables mean more tips. The restaurant doesn’t really lose per se. 

It usually doesn't work that way.   Most places are staffed to meet their customer needs.  If someone calls out sick, those places usually call somebody already scheduled off for that shift to see if they can pick up the extra shift.