Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saticon3

Go Jags!

89 posts in this topic

Not that I think anyone hardly pays attention to me, some may recall I moved to Jacksonville 4 years ago now and up until now I just haven't been able to get interested much in the Jaguars. The Ravens are still my team, i got Direct TV  in addition to my AT&T U verse strictly so i could see all the Ravens games on Direct Ticket-- the first 3 years the Jags were hapless and it was kind of fun to watch them find inventive ways to lose each week.  But, now I'm a bandwagoner!   They seem to me to be playing defense much like the classic Ravens and just need their offense to not mess up too badly. Throughout the regular season, the place was usually half -empty. but for the playoffs it was a tough ticket even though they pulled the tarps off the closed sections and sold those seats, then they sold standing room only in addition to that.

Add to it they're playing the old enemy The Steelers  this week, and I'm fully on board.  GO JAGS!!!!

Definitely pulling for JAX. They deserve a good run after all those years of misery. They're going to need to create TO's to win, just like the last time. And with Brown beat up and dealing with an illness, Pittsburgh might be down a weapon.

In the playoffs, anything can happen and Jacksonville's defense gives them a chance against anyone.  But quite honestly I will be very surprised if the AFCC isn't Pittsburgh vs. New England next week.  Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh 30-9 in Week 7 based on 5 Roethlisberger interceptions.  The Jags led at halftime, 7-6.  Their TD was set up by a Roethlisberger int that gave them a short field.  Pittsburgh led 9-7 midway through the third period when Roethlisberger threw two pick 6's on successive possessions, giving Jacksonville a 20-9 lead.  Jacksonville added a FG in the 4th quarter and iced it with a Leonard Fournette 90 yard run with under two minutes left.  The only sustained drive Jacksonville had from their territory that led to a score was a drive that started on their 33 in the 4th quarter and resulted in a FG.   Unless Pittsburgh plays hot potato with the ball again, I don't think Jacksonville has enough offense to pull off another upset.  The weather isn't going to be as favorable for Jacksonville this time around either.  That day in October saw a high temp of 73 degrees with on and off rain.  Sunday's high temp in Pittsburgh is supposed to be 18.  Warm weather teams going into that kind of weather usually don't fare all that well.  I'm thinking Pittsburgh 26  Jacksonville 10, but we shall see.  

Blake Bortles threw for under 100 yards when the two teams met in October, and I don't think that type of performance is going to cut it this time. I think the key for the Steelers will be how will Le'Veon Bell can run against Jacksonville's defense, particularly if Antonio Brown isn't yet 100 percent.

I got this game as my upset special. I truly believe the Jaguars can shut down Leveon Bell and that is the key here. Jaguars create a couple of turnovers and Blake has an average game which is all they need for the win. Jags win 21-13

Everyone Baltimore without a mullet is rooting for the jags.....

Wow, great start jags ......

Get a defensive stop and take the crowd out of it .....

On the attack from the start: not afraid to pass, fast tempo, and going for it on 4th and goal.

Eighteen degrees at kick-off, which is the fourth-coldest game in Jaguars' history. 

Just in case you wanted to know.

Quite honestly, Pittsburgh looks like they spent the week thinking about New England instead of Jacksonville.

3 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Quite honestly, Pittsburgh looks like they spent the week thinking about New England instead of Jacksonville.

I was thinking the same thing. The Steelers are acting like no what happens today, they're going to Foxborough to play the Patriots next week.

Great offenses are fun to watch but defense still win championships. 

I don't think a pitch was the best option on that fourth-and-one for Pittsburgh, particularly with not with how well Jacksonville pursues on defense. A sneak probably would have been a much better call.

1 minute ago, mdrunning said:

I don't think a pitch was the best option on that fourth-and-one for Pittsburgh, particularly with not with how well Jacksonville pursues on defense. A sneak probably would have been a much better call.

I thought that too.  With a quick defense you want to hit the hole fast.  They only needed about 1/2 yard.  So far Jacksonville is outplaying and outcoaching Pittsburgh in every facet of the game.  

That non-catch call against New England is looming large for Pittsburgh right now. 

Wow, what a huge turn of events right there. With Fournette out and Pittsburgh showing life, the Jacksonville D comes up with a big play. 

This has been a strange game.  Watching the game Jacksonville looks like the totally dominant team, and yet with Pittsburgh getting the ball first in the second half, they could close to within 7 with an entire half to play.  Seems like Pittsburgh is extremely lucky to be as close as they are.  

And that PF shows why PFs should be reviewable. By a crew upstairs that is trained on efficient use of the replay system. They could have corrected that call themselves within 20 seconds with basically no delay in the game.

Damn, the Jags could be in some trouble here. To have played as well as they have and only be up seven with plenty of time left could spell trouble. You've got to figure they can't keep moving the ball as well as they did in the first half, particularly not if Fournette can't go in the second half.

Jacksonville needs to be able to run the ball effectively on first down and stay out of obvious passing situations. The Steelers might be advised to switch to zone defense in such situations because the only way Bortles is hurting them is on scrambles against their man-to-man defense.

That's two very questionable fourth-down calls by the Steelers.

Pittsburgh's 4th down decisions are very questionable.  Even the one that resulted in a TD is still a questionable call.