Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Nolas v Heidi's .....

49 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I’m going with Jags vs Vikes 

I can see the VIkings going into Philadelphia and winning, but I don't think the Jaguars are as good as everyone thinks.  They have Pittsburgh's number and maybe Pittsburgh overlooked them.  That won't happen in New England.  I'm liking New England and Minnesota in the Super bowl.  

Just now, cprenegade said:

I can see the VIkings going into Philadelphia and winning, but I don't think the Jaguars are as good as everyone thinks.  They have Pittsburgh's number and maybe Pittsburgh overlooked them.  That won't happen in New England.  I'm liking New England and Minnesota in the Super bowl.  

But maybe coughlin has belichicks number ;). Would be awesome to see him beat the pats with bortles.

12 minutes ago, poefolks said:

But maybe coughlin has belichicks number ;). Would be awesome to see him beat the pats with bortles.

Well that's a point.  But that was when Coughlin was on the sideline, not in the FO.  I think I'm going to stick with New England.  This little Jacksonville run has been good, but New England doesn't lose to teams like this.  Jacksonville has the look of a long history of teams that pulled an upset or two on the way to the conference championship and then the clock struck midnight and away from the ball they went.  

24 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Well that's a point.  But that was when Coughlin was on the sideline, not in the FO.  I think I'm going to stick with New England.  This little Jacksonville run has been good, but New England doesn't lose to teams like this.  Jacksonville has the look of a long history of teams that pulled an upset or two on the way to the conference championship and then the clock struck midnight and away from the ball they went.  

Solid defense 

Solid run game 

Underdog route 

QB who blows lol

This storyline sounds familiar lol

12 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Solid defense 

Solid run game 

Underdog route 

QB who blows lol

This storyline sounds familiar lol

The only thing I question is the "solid defense".  They gave up 42 points today, and 44 to San Francisco a few weeks ago.  In today's NFL a solid defense is one that gives up 20 points or less, not 40 on several occasions.  New England might not have all of the weapons that Pittsburgh has, but they have enough and they have a defense that will shut down Jacksonville's running game and dare Bortles to beat them.  I think the game will go much like the New England/Tennessee game yesterday.  Close for awhile until New England explodes on them, puts them in comeback mode, and eventually blows them out by around 37-13.

Just now, cprenegade said:

The only thing I question is the "solid defense".  They gave up 42 points today, and 44 to San Francisco a few weeks ago.  In today's NFL a solid defense is one that gives up 20 points or less, not 40 on several occasions.  New England might not have all of the weapons that Pittsburgh has, but they have enough and they have a defense that will shut down Jacksonville's running game and dare Bortles to beat them.  I think the game will go much like the New England/Tennessee game yesterday.  Close for awhile until New England explodes on them, puts them in comeback mode, and eventually blows them out by around 37-13.

Friendly wager 

I like beer lol

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Friendly wager 

I like beer lol

I like beer myself.  I just need to know how to collect or pay up after the game.  :)

1 minute ago, cprenegade said:

I like beer myself.  I just need to know how to collect or pay up after the game.  :)

Lol lets make it happen 

8 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol lets make it happen 

I'm good, how do we do it?  PM me and we can put it together.

10 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I'm good, how do we do it?  PM me and we can put it together.

Sent 

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sent 

Replied.  

8 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Quick story about diggs 

when I coached HS ball (football/track) I signed us up for an meet just to watch Diggs run

well worth the 140 entry fee lol

After watching his high school and college careers right here it kills me that the Ravens did not draft him. 

11 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Belicheat will work the refs early and you will see lots of holding and PI on the Jags D making them back off. 

13 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Too bad he didn't play at Alabama or Ozzie would have drafted him...

He is not Coach John Mighty Man material…he would never see the field in Baltimore.

59 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Belicheat will work the refs early and you will see lots of holding and PI on the Jags D making them back off. 

If I was Tom Coughlin just to get in the Pats heads I'd be on the sidelines during the game.

18 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

If I was Tom Coughlin just to get in the Pats heads I'd be on the sidelines during the game.

Only if Eli is with him .......

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Only if Eli is with him .......

Change Bortles # to 10!!!!

17 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Quick story about diggs 

when I coached HS ball (football/track) I signed us up for an meet just to watch Diggs run

well worth the 140 entry fee lol

Just curious, but where did you coach? It's funny, but I don't recall hearing much about Diggs during his high school track days. Maybe it's because he went to Good Counsel (I believe) and even though they're located in Maryland, they compete in a Washington-Northern Virginia based conference.

The guy I remember very well is Ronald Darby when he was a track star at Potomac High School. He looked like a man among boys. 

16 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I don't think the Steelers overlooked them.  The Steelers just aren't as good as people think. 

I agree with Minny vs NE though. 

39 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Just curious, but where did you coach? It's funny, but I don't recall hearing much about Diggs during his high school track days. Maybe it's because he went to Good Counsel (I believe) and even though they're located in Maryland, they compete in a Washington-Northern Virginia based conference.

The guy I remember very well is Ronald Darby when he was a track star at Potomac High School. He looked like a man among boys. 

Loch Raven 

Century 

St.Marys 

St.Frances 

MD im sure we know each other 

7 hours ago, alienrace said:

I don't think the Steelers overlooked them.  The Steelers just aren't as good as people think. 

I agree with Minny vs NE though. 

It's kind of hard to argue that, especially on defense.  But there was a lot of talk and tweeting going on relating to New England before this game.  Despite their problems they should have been able to contain a team that couldn't score more than 10 points the week before at home.  The way the Steelers came out, they just looked flat.  Almost like they thought it was just going to be a scrimmage.  By the time they started turning it up offensively, they were already in a big hole.  I said about a month ago I thought all of the AFC North defenses were over rated because of who they played and it looks like I was right.  When it came time to step up, the Steelers defense let themselves get pushed up and down the field by a below average QB.  

On 1/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, cprenegade said:

It's kind of hard to argue that, especially on defense.  But there was a lot of talk and tweeting going on relating to New England before this game.  Despite their problems they should have been able to contain a team that couldn't score more than 10 points the week before at home.  The way the Steelers came out, they just looked flat.  Almost like they thought it was just going to be a scrimmage.  By the time they started turning it up offensively, they were already in a big hole.  I said about a month ago I thought all of the AFC North defenses were over rated because of who they played and it looks like I was right.  When it came time to step up, the Steelers defense let themselves get pushed up and down the field by a below average QB.  

Yup, I do believe you were right.