Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Bengals fans step up, but will Ravens fans $$$$ ???

14 posts in this topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22122725/bengals-fans-donating-blake-bortles-foundation-beating-steelers

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Beating the Pittsburgh Steelers has paid off for Jaguarsquarterback Blake Bortles in more ways than one.

Cincinnati Bengals fans have been donating money to the Blake Bortles Foundation as a way to say thank you for the Jaguars' 45-42 victory last Sunday, which knocked one of the Bengals' biggest rivals out of the playoffs. According to the Blake Bortles Foundation, more than 100 fans have donated close to $5,000 since the game ended.

45 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

How much have you donated?

a dollar a point, and you?

15 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

a dollar a point, and you?

Sure, bud.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, johnpolitics said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22122725/bengals-fans-donating-blake-bortles-foundation-beating-steelers

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Beating the Pittsburgh Steelers has paid off for Jaguarsquarterback Blake Bortles in more ways than one.

Cincinnati Bengals fans have been donating money to the Blake Bortles Foundation as a way to say thank you for the Jaguars' 45-42 victory last Sunday, which knocked one of the Bengals' biggest rivals out of the playoffs. According to the Blake Bortles Foundation, more than 100 fans have donated close to $5,000 since the game ended.

No, I will not be "stepping up". My charitable donations are done for the good that they can do and sports team rivalries don't rise to the same level of importance so I will not be changing the way I donate. Thanks for asking though. 

Everyone should be for charity, but how long will it before fans set up funds to pay a player to stay home ..???

22 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Everyone should be for charity, but how long will it before fans set up funds to pay a player to stay home ..???

That depends if Perriman is here in 2018!

2 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

That depends if Perriman is here in 2018!

Good one ......

I’d throw a few bucks in to get the Jags to sign the Patriot crippled Bernard Chocolate Therapy Pollard.  

Too bad that dork Harbaugh ran him out of town.

11 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

I’d throw a few bucks in to get the Jags to sign the Patriot crippled Bernard Chocolate Therapy Pollard.  

Too bad that dork Harbaugh ran him out of town.

Right, because Pollard had such a long and successful career after he left Baltimore.

Oh wait, nevermind. He was out of football by 2015.

12 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Right, because Pollard had such a long and successful career after he left Baltimore.

Oh wait, nevermind. He was out of football by 2015.

His post~Super Bowl record is more impressive than Postie Harbaugh’s considering he was at the end of his career.  What’s Harbaugh’s excuse for his lousy record after the super bowl....is he too old? Doesn’t have a good a good qb?

Edited by RileyMartin

6 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

His post~Super Bowl record is more impressive than Postie Harbaugh’s considering he was at the end of his career.  What’s Harbaugh’s excuse for his lousy record after the super bowl....is he too old? Doesn’t have a good a good qb?

Well let's see. Being as the Ravens were able to win the SB in 2012 largely because of two significant plays (4th and 29, Mile High Miracle) I'd say that the ball has bounced the other way for them lately (the AB reach in 2016, the 4th Q meltdowns this year, Injuries, Perriman being a total void, etc.)

Harbaugh has to bear the 40-40 record he's coached himself into since the SB, and he definitely has his flaws, but there are factors outside of his control that have got him there too.

I was just commenting on your Pollard comment. He had a good 2013 season in Tennessee and then was pretty much out of football after. So I dont see why harping on not bringing him back is such a big deal. You want to make that case about Boldin, OK. But Steve Smith Sr > Boldin.

The biggest issue has been not drafting well and failing to find suitable replacements for their 2 HOF defensive stars.

Edited by Pickle20

3 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Well let's see. Being as the Ravens were able to win the SB in 2012 largely because of two significant plays (4th and 29, Mile High Miracle) I'd say that the ball has bounced the other way for them lately (the AB reach in 2016, the 4th Q meltdowns this year, Injuries, Perriman being a total void, etc.)

Harbaugh has to bear the 40-40 record he's coached himself into since the SB, and he definitely has his flaws, but there are factors outside of his control that have got him there too.

I was just commenting on your Pollard comment. He had a good 2013 season in Tennessee and then was pretty much out of football after. So I dont see why harping on not bringing him back is such a big deal. You want to make that case about Boldin, OK. But Steve Smith Sr > Boldin.

The biggest issue has been not drafting well and failing to find suitable replacements for their 2 HOF defensive stars.

Potsie needs to spend more time watching tape than training for his middle age man  weekend warrior mud runs.  

Him and his dope brother are proving to be average at best, all talk  coaches just like their old man. 

John has a ring. Jim is highest paid coach in college. I’m sure they sleep at night just fine. But for some reason you’re hatred of them must keep you up at night. Good luck with that.