Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chesapeake Spirit

Playing For Change

19 posts in this topic

I remember seeing one of their videos several years ago.  Recently one popped up on my YouTube feed, so I looked up a bunch more.  I would love to one day see musicians like this, plus the songs around the world is an interesting concept.  Unfortunately Mr. Ridley passed a way some time ago.

“Man I’m in the joy business, I come out to be with the people.”  Roger Ridley

16 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Very nice. Check out their FB page. 

Thanks.  I did, and am following them.  It would be great to get one of Mr. Ridley's CDs.

Isn't there a Keb Mo connection?  He plays/played with them?  Or am I thinking of something else?

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Isn't there a Keb Mo connection?  He plays/played with them?  Or am I thinking of something else?

You're right...

21 hours ago, Chesapeake Spirit said:

I remember seeing one of their videos several years ago.  Recently one popped up on my YouTube feed, so I looked up a bunch more.  I would love to one day see musicians like this, plus the songs around the world is an interesting concept.  Unfortunately Mr. Ridley passed a way some time ago.

“Man I’m in the joy business, I come out to be with the people.”  Roger Ridley

Good stuff, I never tired of good music.

I've watch the below video too many times to count.

Tennessee Whiskey

23 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

Good stuff, I never tired of good music.

I've watch the below video too many times to count.

Tennessee Whiskey

Justin is very talented, and I like Chris's "rawness."  Great performance.

Part of their philosophy is that we all (globally) have a connection through music. There's something spiritual about it, and I tend to agree.  Watch this video and the little girl at about the 35 second mark.

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Wow.

Thank you for sharing that. :) 

You're welcome, good stuff.

3 hours ago, Chesapeake Spirit said:

Part of their philosophy is that we all (globally) have a connection through music. There's something spiritual about it, and I tend to agree.  Watch this video and the little girl at about the 35 second mark.

Using his gift to the fullest.  I tried singing once and the doors in my house started closing. :)

On 1/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, ODENTON said:

Using his gift to the fullest.  I tried singing once and the doors in my house started closing. :)

I know what you mean.  I'll belt out a tune in the car, occasionally in the shower and on rare occasions at a piano bar.  And at the piano bar, it's only if the adult beverages are working properly. :)

Last year the Mrs. and I took a cruise out of Baltimore and got to experience a taste of "Song Around the World," or at least music around the world.  Carnival Cruise Lines has started putting together bands comprised of some of the top entertainers they hire.  The band on the Pride literally came from all over the world.  And MAN WERE THEY GOOD!  The male lead singer was from Texas, and the female lead singer was from England.  She sang without an accent, and this may sound silly, but she could sing Carrie (Underwood) better than Carrie.  During one of their breaks I talked to the male lead and suggested that they go professional.  So did some other passengers, they were that good.

I haven't seen any buskers in Baltimore, but hope that one day I might cross paths with someone as talented as Mr. Ridley, Grandpa Elliot or any of the others in these videos.

On 1/18/2018 at 0:43 PM, Chesapeake Spirit said:

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the share.

It did!  :)

Very nice and love the sound of the Harmony H22 bass.