Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

After 177 straight wins, Robinson out at McD

27 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

The new Gilman football coach?

Lacrosse coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Lacrosse coach

I was trying to be funny...guess not.

Edited by Impartialfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

I was trying to be funny...guess not.

Keep your day job...  No guess, you're not funny.  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if DD is next,  MOP said new leadership at school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had to have done something really improper or jumped ship without much warning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:o   G-Spot on it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From his facebook post re: his resignation:

"I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trite  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there is much more to it than a resignation.   Girl's lacrosse is very competitive in this league, and you need a tremendous amount of support from the school administration.  It is frustrating watching other schools get players in with financial help, and you are not able to do the same.  At some point, the juice is not worth the squeeze.  There doesn't always have to be a story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not disagree with that FB Coach, best make no mistake, McDonogh was dishing out $$ for girls lax players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDonogh has had the best talent in the country for nearly a decade - pretty sure it wasn't an issue re: financial aid to players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at the rate of their competition, or at least that was the perception of people within the program.  McDonough not only wants kids that can pay the tuition, they want families that can donate to the "building" funds.  I know there are kids that Chris wanted at McD, they wanted to be at McD, but they were not accepted at McD.  That is tough for a coach that has done as much for girls lacrosse as anyone in the country.  He had a number 1 ranked team at a public school, and then at a private school.  He can coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FBCoach said:

Not at the rate of their competition, or at least that was the perception of people within the program.  McDonough not only wants kids that can pay the tuition, they want families that can donate to the "building" funds.  I know there are kids that Chris wanted at McD, they wanted to be at McD, but they were not accepted at McD.  That is tough for a coach that has done as much for girls lacrosse as anyone in the country.  He had a number 1 ranked team at a public school, and then at a private school.  He can coach.

Clearly he can coach, but do not believe that talent is ever an issue at McDonogh for girls lacrosse. You do not enjoy that winning streak without players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DayWalker said:

 

Keep your day job...  No guess, you're not funny.  :P

At least I have a day job...and a life...how are things in the basement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My basement is just fine and paid for.  I no longer need a job.  I'm set for life without a financial concern and it looks better each day I see the Dow, Nasdaq, and other market instruments.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D  Stay on it G...  You on to something.  Follow the money bs lame reasons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gillytech said:

Robinson now saying he resigned to focus on building a national girls lacrosse league.  Seems like bad timing right before a season is about to start

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-mcdonogh-robinson-1019-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I agree on the timing being bad. In taking him on his word on the reason for leaving, I feel it speaks to a level of selfishness and a lack of commitment to not only his team, but to the students in his classroom. I do not know his personal/business situation, but the right thing to do is honor his commitment for the next four months..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, BMORE79 said:

I agree on the timing being bad. In taking him on his word on the reason for leaving, I feel it speaks to a level of selfishness and a lack of commitment to not only his team, but to the students in his classroom. I do not know his personal/business situation, but the right thing to do is honor his commitment for the next four months..

Honor a Commitment  ----  Powerful phrase BMore..... simple and powerful.

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two friends who have relatives on the team said this was 100% McDonogh's decision, regardless of what Robinson claims.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gillytech said:

Two friends who have relatives on the team said this was 100% McDonogh's decision, regardless of what Robinson claims.  

 

Does sound that way but do not believe it to be anything salacious as some have intimated. Perhaps too many irons in the fire to do his day job and was called out on it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nm

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0