Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Jags vs Pats

59 posts in this topic

Brady in the 2 min drill-always scores!-you can set your watch by it

I wasn't surprised when Jacksonville went up 7-3, I was surprised when they stretched it to 14-3.  New England was down 7-0 to Tennessee before scoring the next 35 points.  It seems like sometimes it takes them a series or two to digest what the other team is doing and then they adjust.  But three mistakes by Jacksonville right before halftime have let New England back in the game.  The delay of game took away a key first down, and then successive personal foul and PI penalties gift wrapped a TD for New England.  New England does as good a job as anyone in the league at making halftime adjustments so it should be an interesting second half.

You know...

The pass where Amendola caught it, and the ball bounced once he hit the ground? That would've been ruled incomplete for 31 other teams. But for whatever reason, the Pats weren't put into the position to challenge that play. 

Which is why people suspect at times the refs to be in the bag for New England. 

Horrendous one sided PI calls did the Jags in.  That, and lack of pass rush in the 4th, thanks to Patriots holding and not getting called for it.  Another black eye for a league that has been taking it on the chin this year.

Edited by alienrace

5 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Horrendous one sided PI calls did the Jags in.  That, and lack of pass rush in the 4th, thanks to Patriots holding and not getting called for it.  Another black eye for a league that has been taking it on the chin this year.

What game were you watching ....

Your hatred has clouded your objectivity. ....

They were good calls and they got away with another one when the jags cb had the receivers arm pinned down .....

Jags played dirty, talked a lot and couldn't back it up ....

Dirty hit on gronk should be a nice fine .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

7 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

What game were you watching ....

Your hatred has clouded your objectivity. ....

They were good calls and they got away with another one when the jags cb had the receivers arm pinned down .....

Jags played dirty, talked a lot and couldn't back it up ....

Dirty hit on gronk should be a nice fine .....

I agree with this, except for the hit on Gronk. Watch closely, you will see he drops his head into that hit. He's responsible for his own injury.

You could see it coming just the way you can in the Ravens games. The offense went soft in the second half and began running it into the line regularly. They stopped trying to take it to New England and decided that they would play a managed second half and try not to lose it. We know that that's the formula for losing from being in Baltimore for the last 5 Years.  Their defense did keep coming to a good extent, but weren't able to ruffle Brady the way they were earlier in the game. Without pressure on Brady you know you're going to lose.  And by the way, did you watch the body language and expressions on the head coach of the Jaguars during the second half. If that didn't transmit loser, loser, loser... I don't know what does.  It looked like they were down by 20, if you watched the coaching staff, when they actually still had a lead.  When your knees start knocking, and you get away from what you did to take the lead, you know that New England will eat your lunch. And that's just what they did. They just plain lost their moxie.

When you don't play hard, all four quarterS, Both units, this is what happens. Belichick gets his players to do that. Some otheR coAcHes too often do not.

12 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

I agree with this, except for the hit on Gronk. Watch closely, you will see he drops his head into that hit. He's responsible for his own injury.

I don't agree, that dB was headhunting ....

Gronk is 6'8" and that dB had to jump up to hit him in the head .....

I dont see Gronk lowering his head, this was a good call ....

Jax dbs talked and played dirty all game .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

7 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

When you don't play hard, all four quarterS, Both units, this is what happens. Belichick gets his players to do that. Some otheR coAcHes too often do not.

Blake bortles played the game of his life but he's still Blake bortles....

The guy on the other side is the goat .....

Good game though, hope this one is good to watch as well....

4 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I don't know about horrendous calls.  On the one call on Cooks in that final TD drive, the defender had him choked around the neck.  You can't be anymore obvious than that.  I think everyone that has anointed Jacksonville as this great unstoppable defense was wrong.  They gave up 37 points to Tennessee and 44 points to SF during the regular season.  In the last two playoff games they gave up over 400 yards passing and 42 points to Pittsburgh, and couldn't stop Brady when it counted.  And on the last play, everyone knew it was a run and yet Jacksonville couldn't get to the edge and hold on a 4th and long to get the ball back.   I think Jacksonville has a very good young base that will be one of the best defenses in the league for years to come, I just wasn't convinced they were quite there yet this year.  They have nothing to be ashamed of, they are one of the up and coming teams that will be around for awhile.  

2 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I don't know about horrendous calls.  On the one call on Cooks in that final TD drive, the defender had him choked around the neck.  You can't be anymore obvious than that.  I think everyone that has anointed Jacksonville as this great unstoppable defense was wrong.  They gave up 37 points to Tennessee and 44 points to SF during the regular season.  In the last two playoff games they gave up over 400 yards passing and 42 points to Pittsburgh, and couldn't stop Brady when it counted.  And on the last play, everyone knew it was a run and yet Jacksonville couldn't get to the edge and hold on a 4th and long to get the ball back.   I think Jacksonville has a very good young base that will be one of the best defenses in the league for years to come, I just wasn't convinced they were quite there yet this year.  They have nothing to be ashamed of, they are one of the up and coming teams that will be around for awhile.  

I laughed when folks tried to compare Jax to the 2000 ravens ......

A 3rd and long situation where a first down ices the game, the Pats hand off and pick up 19 yards.

Many situations where the Ravens offense could have sealed a victory with one or two more average carries, and they consistently dropped back to pass. And consistently failed. 

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Michelob Ultra anyone lol

I'll take one.   ;)

44 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I completely agree. I don’t understand how an ineligible receiver can be interfered with. Contact was made with a receiver after he stepped out of bounds.