Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Vikes vs Eagles....

26 posts in this topic

Dang, case picking up where he left off ....

He is making himself some real money this season .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same ole' Torrey .....

Terp wrs on both sides .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Same ole' Torrey .....

Terp wrs on both sides .....

Lol i said the same thing 

Speed yes hands optional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big play, just what the iggles needed, some points from their d .....

Maybe take some pressure off of foiles. ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

If the eagles win this will the 1st SB where I’m not close to sober 

Lol....

Iggles have been the best team in the NFL all year .....

Only question is can they close the deal with a back up qb.....

Interesting that minn is playing with their 3rd stringer ....

Go figure, and the Ravens complain about losing a guard this season ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles are dominating.  Lot of weapons on this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice catch by Torrey ....

Why can't we get wrs like that .....

And why do the mods keep changing my titles. ....

They should get out more and they would understand ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torrey Smith just made a catch that nobody on the Raven's would have even been close to bringing in for a TD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

Nice catch by Torrey ....

Why can't we get wrs like that .....

And why do the mods keep changing my titles. ....

They should get out more and they would understand ...

 

Lol they must not like you😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have kicked the FG.   Make it a 21 point game.  Your chances of getting 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions are rare.  Even with the FG it's unlikely you are going to win, but at least give yourself the best chance.  Too many coaches get caught up in this aggressive 4th down mentality.  Take the points and move on.  Now you don't have any points and your team is even more demoralized than they were before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles came into this game focused and with a chip on their shoulder. They were the most disrespected one seed ever. The Vikings look hungover from last Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta give the Eagles credit.  A number one seed that was an underdog, at home, in both of their games.  Never seen that before.  It looks like they will prove everyone wrong.  It ends here though.  I have a hard time seeing Nick Foles beating New England in the SB.  The Eagles defense will give the Pats some problems, but the outcome will be pretty much what it was today in the earlier game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also an interesting side note.  New England will get a huge boost in terms of the crowd in the SB.  There are always fans from both teams there, but there will be a lot of local people from Minnesota there as well.  Normally New England might be the more hated team.  Not this time.  Can't see any local Minnesota fans that will want to be on Philadelphia's side after they just kicked the Viking's tails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Gotta give the Eagles credit.  A number one seed that was an underdog, at home, in both of their games.  Never seen that before.  It looks like they will prove everyone wrong.  It ends here though.  I have a hard time seeing Nick Foles beating New England in the SB.  The Eagles defense will give the Pats some problems, but the outcome will be pretty much what it was today in the earlier game.  

I'm going to disagree.  The Eagles team we are seeing tonight is far more complete than the Jags.  Foles is more than adequate, and the Eagles are utterly loaded on offense.  The Patriots defense is not going to be able to slow them down.  Yeah, Bellichcik, I know, but I don't think that New England has the defensive talent to stop this team.  They've been a scoring machine all season long.  I also think the Eagles D is going to get after Brady more than the Jags did...just a hunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I'm going to disagree.  The Eagles team we are seeing tonight is far more complete than the Jags.  Foles is more than adequate, and the Eagles are utterly loaded on offense.  The Patriots defense is not going to be able to slow them down.  Yeah, Bellichcik, I know, but I don't think that New England has the defensive talent to stop this team.  They've been a scoring machine all season long.  I also think the Eagles D is going to get after Brady more than the Jags did...just a hunch.

We shall see.  I agree that the Eagles are a better team than the Jags, who I honestly thought were overrated defensively.  But the Patriots defense is overlooked.  Mainly because they are ranked 29th in total defense because of the way the NFL ranks defense.  When you rank them in terms of defensive points allowed, they are 5th, right behind Philadelphia.  And that's after giving up over 40 points on opening day, and over 30 a couple of weeks later.  New England's defense gives up yardage between the 30's and then clamps down.   They don't look particularly good doing it, but at the end of the day they are effective when they have to be.   I don't think they will blow out the Eagles, but in the end I think just like we saw today they will have too much experience and too much talent to lose.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams that win their conference championships by blowout (30 points or more) historically don't fare as well in Super Bowls.

1968 Baltimore Colts - Won NFL Championship, 34-0, over Cleveland, lost to NY Jets in Super Bowl.

1990 Buffalo Bills - Won AFC Championship, 51-3, over Oakland, lost Super Bowl to NY Giants.

2000 NY Giants - Won NFC Championship, 41-0, over Minnesota, lost Super Bowl to Ravens.

2015 Carolina Panthers - Won NFC Championship, 49-15, over Arizona, lost Super Bowl to Denver.

2017 Philadelphia Eagles - ???

The two exceptions are the 1991 Washington Redskins, who beat Detroit, 41-10, in the NFC Championship, then went on to beat Buffalo in the Super Bowl, and the 2014 New England Patriots, who beat the Colts, 45-7, for the AFC Championship, then defeated Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Maybe winning the previous game by such a wide margin leads to a bit of complacency in the Super Bowl, or it simply defies the odds for a team to play that well for two games in a row. Perhaps there's such a thing as peaking too early. We'll see how the Iggles respond after having won their conference championship so thoroughly and convincingly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Teams that win their conference championships by blowout (30 points or more) historically don't fare as well in Super Bowls.

1968 Baltimore Colts - Won NFL Championship, 34-0, over Cleveland, lost to NY Jets in Super Bowl.

1990 Buffalo Bills - Won AFC Championship, 51-3, over Oakland, lost Super Bowl to NY Giants.

2000 NY Giants - Won NFC Championship, 41-0, over Minnesota, lost Super Bowl to Ravens.

2015 Carolina Panthers - Won NFC Championship, 49-15, over Arizona, lost Super Bowl to Denver.

2017 Philadelphia Eagles - ???

The two exceptions are the 1991 Washington Redskins, who beat Detroit, 41-10, in the NFC Championship, then went on to beat Buffalo in the Super Bowl, and the 2014 New England Patriots, who beat the Colts, 45-7, for the AFC Championship, then defeated Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Maybe winning the previous game by such a wide margin leads to a bit of complacency in the Super Bowl, or it simply defies the odds for a team to play that well for two games in a row. Perhaps there's such a thing as peaking too early. We'll see how the Iggles respond after having won their conference championship so thoroughly and convincingly.

 

 

That's known as the bounce back theory that many gamblers use.  If a team plays too far above or below it's average expect a bit of a correction (bounce) in their next game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Teams that win their conference championships by blowout (30 points or more) historically don't fare as well in Super Bowls.

1968 Baltimore Colts - Won NFL Championship, 34-0, over Cleveland, lost to NY Jets in Super Bowl.

1990 Buffalo Bills - Won AFC Championship, 51-3, over Oakland, lost Super Bowl to NY Giants.

2000 NY Giants - Won NFC Championship, 41-0, over Minnesota, lost Super Bowl to Ravens.

2015 Carolina Panthers - Won NFC Championship, 49-15, over Arizona, lost Super Bowl to Denver.

2017 Philadelphia Eagles - ???

The two exceptions are the 1991 Washington Redskins, who beat Detroit, 41-10, in the NFC Championship, then went on to beat Buffalo in the Super Bowl, and the 2014 New England Patriots, who beat the Colts, 45-7, for the AFC Championship, then defeated Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Maybe winning the previous game by such a wide margin leads to a bit of complacency in the Super Bowl, or it simply defies the odds for a team to play that well for two games in a row. Perhaps there's such a thing as peaking too early. We'll see how the Iggles respond after having won their conference championship so thoroughly and convincingly.

 

 

Good post , lots of thoughts around this ....

I had been hearing about how the iggles offense had been coming together as foles got to take more full speed reps with the 1st team the past full weeks .....

Maybe that played a role and the iggles are peaking again .....

They were the best team in the nfc most of the year until Wentz got hurt .....

I still wouldn't bet on foles over Brady and think bb won't come up with something .....

Alsi wonder who the dome favors more .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Eagles will outplay NE but the refs will make sure Brady secured his 6th title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

That's known as the bounce back theory that many gamblers use.  If a team plays too far above or below it's average expect a bit of a correction (bounce) in their next game.  

IMO Minnesota had a "positive" hangover from the Saints game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Belicheat 2 weeks to game plan, that's the difference.

NE tries to take away some part of a teams O. With the Eagles, don't know what it could be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0