Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
com6063

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?    31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Patriots
    • Eagles
    • Who cares? I'm not watching.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

I'm hoping the Eagles take the victory. What about you?

Torn about this.

1.) I dislike New England for a myriad of reasons, and their fans are abhorrent. I never met a Patriots fan before the Belichick & Brady era - and now they are everywhere and obnoxious. That being said, even in spite of the cheating and easy division, we really are witnessing the greatest coach and QB this century.  I can appreciate what they have done.  This is their 8th Super Bowl together and if they got ring #6 - at least it would shut up the even more obnoxious "WE GOT 6!" Steeler fans who act like the 1970's were not 40 years ago.

2.)  I went to one game at the old Veteran's Stadium in Philadelphia and it was a horrible experience.  At least the Patriots and Steeler fans have some hardware to back-up their obnoxiousness.  The Eagles have not won jack and yet their fans are not only obnoxious, they are downright violent about it. They cheered Michael Irvin getting carted off on a stretcher, they threw snowballs at Santa Claus, and there is a video circulating of Eagle fans throwing full unopened beer cans at Viking fans walking into the stadium last Sunday, and the cops breaking up a pre-game tailgate riot they were having ....amongst themselves!  It seems like a big segment of their fanbase is just plain....mean.   That being said - I actually like rooting for the underdog and love the former Ravens on the squad (Torrey, Graham, Danelle, Jernigan) -- and Foles winning would be a nice story + it would be great to see someone new + it is always fun to see the Patriots lose.

Hmmmmmmmm  ........   if forced to choose I'll go Eagles.

Edited by RestonRaven

Patriots.   Mainly because I have a ticket from Delaware that had the Eagles +3 1/2 over Minnesota, Patriots pk over Jacksonville, and the AFC pk in the superbowl.  Investment trumps personal feelings.  :)

Pats, only because the Eagles fanbase is generally more horrific from a pure humanity standpoint. :)  Plus the inevitable next story about Pats cheating will surely follow and put another asterisk in the record books.  My prediction... Tom's now slightly famous personal trainer / physician is giving him something unethical and in the PED realm... :)

Edited by Ravens2006

I am rooting for the Eagles. If New England wins, that may be another nail in the NFL coffin. Many fans are sick and tired of New England. Right or wrong, many view the Patriots as cheaters, who often benefit from controversial officiating. Remember, perception alone can drive people away.

I would root for literally anyone over the Patriots.  I would buy all the Steelers gear I could find and wave a terrible towel if it meant the Patriots lost.

I doubt I'll watch, but the Eagles were my adopted team between the Colts and the Ravens. I've actually been to more Eagle games than Ravens games. 

Edited by bmore_ken

I don't have strong feelings either way .....

Iggles have been long suffering without a SB .....

I believe Brady and belicheck are 2 of the greatest ever and what they have done in the salary cap Era is unprecedented so I dont mind them adding to their legacy .....

Both fan bases are among the most obnoxious so that's a wash .....

Iggles for sure.

Screw the Pats but I will be watching half-heartedly.

I really stopped caring about non-Ravens NFL a long time ago.

Kinda over the NFL so don’t really care.  However I can not stand the Patriots organization and their fans so have no choice but to root for the Eagles. Problem is the Eagles fans disgust me in different ways so it makes it difficult to root for them also. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

3 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Iggles for sure.

Screw the Pats but I will be watching half-heartedly.

I really stopped caring about non-Ravens NFL a long time ago.

Yeah same here. I haven't seen a SB since the Ravens last one. Once the Ravens season ends my Sundays get freed up for other stuff.

I have a lot of family and friends who are Eagles fans, and I absolutely detest the Patriots, so I guess the Eagles are my preference. It's hard though, as I've disliked the Eagles for many years also. I hope they can remember that the game has two halves, and they need to defend until the end.

As far as fan bases go, Patriot fans are truly arrogant and obnoxious, but Philadelphia fans of all sports are legendary for being low-life, violent, hateful, booing their own teams, so it's hard to choose based on that factor.

2 hours ago, Steveg85321 said:

As far as fan bases go, Patriot fans are truly arrogant and obnoxious, but Philadelphia fans of all sports are legendary for being low-life, violent, hateful, booing their own teams, so it's hard to choose based on that factor.

Well said. Only thing I’d add to Patriots fan base is ‘entitled’.  

That’s partly the NFL’s fault for favorable officiating since the ‘tuck rule’ to present day and literally letting them get away with blatant cheating. Also pathetic competition from their AFC East ”rivals” every year adds to that sense of entitlement. 

Now the fans think they deserve preferential treatment and Super Bowl visits every year. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

You always have figure skating and ice dancing to look forward to in a few weeks .....

Edited by Rob
removed quote (TOS violation)

Eagles because they have never won a SB, but Brady winning won't change my world. 

A Championship in Philly will go a long way towards lifting the average Eagles fan up out of the primordial ooze.

Maybe after several generations, they will evolve into something resembling the human race.

#FlyEaglesFly 

Brady and Belichick are the two constants on the Patriots yet they win year after year with different players. 

With Gronk out last year the Pats pulled off the miraculous comeback and they've done it a few times this year -- like last weekend, even with Edelman sidelined.  The Red Zone is not a zone of terror for the Pats, it's the land of opportunity.

There's a lesson in there somewhere for the Ravens.  Plain vanilla may taste good in ice cream, but tutti frutti is better in the NFL.

in the SB, maybe the underdog's bite will be worse than its bark but it never pays to bet against Brady, Belichick and the Patriots.

Marsha irritates me. Belichick irritates me. Kraft irritates me. They cheat. I'll never root for the Patriots.

Belicheck cheats.

Brady cheats and whines.

Kraft enables cheating & whining.

Go Eagles.

7 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

A Championship in Philly will go a long way towards lifting the average Eagles fan up out of the primordial ooze.

Maybe after several generations, they will evolve into something resembling the human race.

#FlyEaglesFly 

Lmao. This is true 

Unfortunately I just don’t see any way that Belicheat and Brady let Nick Foles beat them in the Super Bowl

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Belichick's game day genius isn't on offense, God gifted him Tom Brady (and a lot of organizational cheating to go with him).  Bill's strength has always been on defense, and focusing on taking away the 1 or 2 things their opponent does best.  For example, if Andy Dalton faces 4th and 12 against the Pats defense with a playoff birth on the line, you can bet the Pats would have done all they could to take away A.J. Green, and the TEs... Dalton's two favorite pressure situation outlets.

Given two weeks to prepare for what Nick Foles and the Eagles offense does best, I'd be pretty surprised to see the Eagles win. They'll probably keep the DBs on the back end deep to discourage the long ball, and make Foles"matriculate" down the field without turning it over. Can the Eagles still outscore Offense Brady in that scenario?

Edited by Ravens2006

I really feel comfortable picking the Eagles to not only cover, but to win outright. This is a bad matchup for the Patriots. Because of my thread bump tendencies, I am certain this will be bumped if I am wrong.