Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
com6063

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?    31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Patriots
    • Eagles
    • Who cares? I'm not watching.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I didn't say anything about rooting for anyone. I just said I don't get the hate. 

You must not watch a lot of sports.

7 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

You must not watch a lot of sports.

??????

Hoping for an upset; hey, it could happen.

8 hours ago, com6063 said:

Hoping for an upset; hey, it could happen.

The game will determine whether Philadelphia is burned to the ground by happy fans or sad fans.:)

21 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

The game will determine whether Philadelphia is burned to the ground by happy fans or sad fans.:)

My wife asked one of our friends who grew up in Philly and an Eagles fan that yesterday. That was his response. Win or lose burned.

Tom Brady goes from GOAT to goat with the dropped pass and crucial fumble. :)

Just kidding, can't put that loss on him. Defense flunked.

New England's defense allowed points on eight of Philadelphia's 10 possessions, forced just one punt and caused one turnover. Still wondering what the deal was with Malcolm Butler; other than special teams, he didn't see the field. Foles played a helluva game, and his offensive line did a terrific job, but New England just gave up too many third-down conversions the entire game.

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Tom Brady goes from GOAT to goat with the dropped pass and crucial fumble. :)

Just kidding, can't put that loss on him. Defense flunked.

Wonder if the Lions are having seconds thoughts about Matt Patricia? 

15 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

Wonder if the Lions are having seconds thoughts about Matt Patricia? 

Didn't exactly go out with a bang, did he? 

Both defenses should have to take the bus home while the offenses share the chartered flight.

19 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

New England's defense allowed points on eight of Philadelphia's 10 possessions, forced just one punt and caused one turnover. Still wondering what the deal was with Malcolm Butler; other than special teams, he didn't see the field. Foles played a helluva game, and his offensive line did a terrific job, but New England just gave up too many third-down conversions the entire game.

Philadelphia punted once, what was the other drive where they did not score?

20 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Yea, butler situation was weird ....

Good game if you like offense, i enjoyed it .....

Philly was the best team all year and brought it home ....

Foles sb mvp and looming for a job .....

Dilfer won sb and lost starting job too....

The Pats defense was exposed for the trash that it was.  I suspected their "improvement" was an illusion after watching Bortles look reasonably competent, and that the Eagles had way too many weapons on offense for them to contain.   

Going to be an interesting off-season for the Cheats.  End of the dynasty(more like Evil Empire)?

Enjoyable game!

I dont know about some of the Eagles TD's though.

On the Foles  trick play TD Eagles should have been flagged for an illegal formation with only six men on the line.

In Clement's back of the end zone TD he did  not have full possession of the ball before going out of bounds. At least that has been the way catch rule has been interpreted in this season IMO.

On Ertz dive TD. I guess he became the runner as he was falling into the ground... Seen similar plays called incomplete more often than not though

15 minutes ago, RLPro said:

Enjoyable game!

On the Foles  trick play TD Eagles should have been flagged for an illegal formation with only six men on the line.

In Clement's back of the end zone TD he did  not have full possession of the ball before going out of bounds. At least that has been the way catch rule has been interpreted in this season IMO.

On Ertz dive TD. I guess he became the runner as he was falling into the ground... Seen similar plays called incomplete more often than not though

I thought they blew the clements call but the other 2 were fine ..

Ertz took 2 full steps before he dove and was clearly a runner......

8 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

I thought they blew the clements call but the other 2 were fine ..

Ertz took 2 full steps before he dove and was clearly a runner......

You probablyright on Ertz. Had to look up that trick play though because It looked so obvious: Foles tric play. Or maybe on the guys is 'close' enough...who knows. Who cares:) Glad to see Pats eat it

57 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Philadelphia punted once, what was the other drive where they did not score?

The interception. 

43 minutes ago, alienrace said:

The Pats defense was exposed for the trash that it was.  I suspected their "improvement" was an illusion after watching Bortles look reasonably competent, and that the Eagles had way too many weapons on offense for them to contain.   

Going to be an interesting off-season for the Cheats.  End of the dynasty(more like Evil Empire)?

I agree that New England's defense pretty much sucked tonight, but so did Philadelphia's defense.  Philadelphia was supposed to have this great front seven and good back end and all game long Brady had time to throw and people were running free in Philadelphia's secondary.  Their defense was a much of a pretender as NE.   But they did make the one big play and that is all they did. It was enough, congrats to them.   If anything tonight's superbowl showed that you really do need offense to win a championship in the NFL by today's rules.   Philadelphia won tonight because Foles played like a starting QB and their coach kept his foot on the gas, not because they played any kind of great defense or really any defense at all.  It was a good game and quite frankly both teams had more heart than most of the other teams in the league that were sitting home.  

9 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

The interception. 

Ah right. Forgot about that.

41 minutes ago, RLPro said:

Enjoyable game!

That's the problem with the NFL.  Total inconsistency on calls.  But complaining about the officiating is for losers.  The game was played, the calls were made....you deal with them.  I think the Ertz TD was good.  The back of the end zone play could have been called that the ball moved.  Seen it before this year.  But honestly my opinion is that it should have been a TD.  Don't know about the trick play, I would have to watch it again.  The thing is that the NFL needs to get away from all of this controversy.  Just make the call on the field and let it stand.  Replay sucks.  They can't get it right and it simply adds time on to the game.  Football was much better in the 70's before they decided technology could take the human element out of the game, and they decided that the game needs to be more like flag football.  

36 minutes ago, RLPro said:

Enjoyable game!

Close calls aside (and I thought Ertz had made a legal catch on that TD, although I have no idea anymore what constitutes a legal catch), I thought the key play to the game was in the first half on third-and-six when Nelson Agholor turned a short pass into a first down after a whiffed tackle that could have forced a punt. Rather than having to surrender the ball, the Eagles went on to score. As I said in a previous post, New England just gave up way too many third-down conversions.