Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Laughing

11 posts in this topic

Laughing feels good.

I read this today on the internet (so it must be true):

In the 1950’s, people laughed an average of 18 minutes a day - Currently, we laugh an average of 4-6 minutes a day.

That's kind of sad.

For the folks here who were around back then, was it a nervous, Cold War laughter. Or was is the really good, genuine kind?

My son moved in with his fiance in Nov. Since then I have not literally laughed out loud nearly as much. He was my daily comic relief and I miss his wonderful sense humor so much!

They were here for dinner last night, and it felt so good to just LOL! 

The 1950s were a special time...the war was over, families were growing, there was prosperity and tv was full of innocent humor. Pleasantville. 

Now, we know too much about the rest of the world...it’s depressing. 

18 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Must be true. lol A friend of mine recently returned from training to become certified in Laughter Yoga.  Not kidding.

https://laughteryoga.org/ 

It’s not just the act of laughing! It’s the physical and emotional release of laughing at something that strikes you as truly funny.  

Those people are nuts. 

My friend isn't nuts. He enjoyed it.  And now his staff has been introduced to it.  I don't reject it. We shall see. lol

• You can laugh with special guided techniques: It’s easy. Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and one can feel the benefits on the very first session!
  • Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness. It soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
  • Oxygenates Your Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.
Edited by Sprightly

Laughter Is The Best Medicine - Reader's Digest

I laugh everytime I watch the Carbarno effect he freaks people out also impractical jokers.

Came across an old America's Funniest Vids last night. Laughed out load for a half hour.  Especially the kids and canine vids.  

On 1/27/2018 at 0:52 PM, Sprightly said:

My friend isn't nuts. He enjoyed it.  And now his staff has been introduced to it.  I don't reject it. We shall see. lol

• You can laugh with special guided techniques: It’s easy. Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and one can feel the benefits on the very first session!
  • Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness. It soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
  • Oxygenates Your Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.

The more I think about it, the sillier it sounds...a Certification in Laughter Yoga. 

:lol: :lol:

On 1/29/2018 at 10:44 AM, daravenator said:

I laugh everytime I watch the Carbarno effect he freaks people out also impractical jokers.

Love Impracticable Jokes is hysterical.  They will be at National Harbor this weekend.