Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Big Dan Duquette on starting pitching: “I believe we can still address it.”

184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

 

Tilly a low risk move on the surface, but you can see above that Brady and Buck made sure it happened.  My only problem is it seems they are looking for him to hold down the 4th spot.  What other options have they passed on in pursuit of Tillman (like Odorzzi).  Tilly should of been a 5th/6th starter option signing.  Good ole DD seems to be in the back seat with Brady driving and Buck in shot gun.  What a dysfunctional FO set up on player personnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Tilly a low risk move on the surface, but you can see above that Brady and Buck made sure it happened.  My only problem is it seems they are looking for him to hold down the 4th spot.  What other options have they passed on in pursuit of Tillman (like Odorzzi).  Tilly should of been a 5th/6th starter option signing.  Good ole DD seems to be in the back seat with Brady driving and Buck in shot gun.  What a dysfunctional FO set up on player personnel.

Dysfunctional is an understatement 

Makes you wonder if things like this cost us Fowler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Dysfunctional is an understatement 

Makes you wonder if things like this cost us Fowler 

Yeah agree.  Its really no wonder a Manny deal never happened.  I'd love to hear what some of the offers really were.  DD was out there negotiating, but then you have Brady and Buck with their thumb in the soup when its pitched to Pete.  Say hello to another 75 win season and a comp pick for Manny next year.

Geez you would think it would of been an easy pitch to Pete to get 16mil off the books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah agree.  Its really no wonder a Manny deal never happened.  I'd love to hear what some of the offers really were.  DD was out there negotiating, but then you have Brady and Buck with their thumb in the soup when its pitched to Pete.  Say hello to another 75 win season and a comp pick for Manny next year.

Geez you would think it would of been an easy pitch to Pete to get 16mil off the books. 

Considering Pete's penchant for marketing over winning. He's probably imagining the stadium being packed each game, for the Manny Machado - Farewell to Baltimore Tour.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes ... I really wish it was possible to root for another team ... 

These guys aren't serious about winning championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Tilly a low risk move on the surface, but you can see above that Brady and Buck made sure it happened.  My only problem is it seems they are looking for him to hold down the 4th spot.  What other options have they passed on in pursuit of Tillman (like Odorzzi).  Tilly should of been a 5th/6th starter option signing.  Good ole DD seems to be in the back seat with Brady driving and Buck in shot gun.  What a dysfunctional FO set up on player personnel.

At least they have a PR guy in Roch. He will spin anything in the Orioles favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Roch, didn’t that weasel used to post here? I am forgetting the name off-hand but I remember a couple posters called him out. He subsequently disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weird-O said:

I always thought Buck was lost, when it came to pitching. When I first started saying that, I got a lot of push back. I wonder how many of those folks still disagreed with me, after watching UJ give up the winning HR in the WC game. Anyone who would hire a pitching coach, whose philosophy is that all pitchers should have the exact same delivery, is a full on idiot. And I have to wonder how a man like Adair was ever hired to coach for a professional baseball team.

I got laughed at by friends for saying Buck does not understand pitching. Not everyone does everything well. I'm going to have to go talk to them again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0