KeepItReal

SFA Lands BIG TIME Freshman QB

261 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Ok, I’m in ; what the hell does that mean? 

Don't bother.....I got this.   It's just one of the many skirts that appeared just after the private season - Bored Time for them - showing his natural @zz seeking to marginalize any public team to help make them feel better about themselves, to be better fulfilled in their shortcomings. You know, one of the same many who hide who they were before, the various Hounds, Bully, Downlow, Impartial, Showtime, 1stDown, et al.  :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Ok, I’m in ; what the hell does that mean? 

In response to Vampire wannabe belittling the privates for losing to two teams ranked in the top 10 in the country I suggested more games against Md publics like the two that were played this year (both won easily by the WCAC privates).

Edited by Impartialfan

23 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

In response to Vampire wannabe belittling the privates for losing to two teams ranked in the top 10 in the country I suggested more games against Md publics like the two that were played this year (both won easily by the WCAC privates).

If I recall correctly, BMac and ABC lost to Dem by greater scores maybe they shouldn’t play Dem, point is don’t think Franklin is somebody’s Bytch cause they lost a game, I believe 4 other teams lost to Dem also 

Newbie here.  I can only use Florida High School Football as a point reference on the subject matter of being the best in the state (private or public).  Why don't the Maryland private and public schools just have one tournament at the end of their conference championships (private school division championships and public school district races) to determine the state champion?  Honestly, I don't understand why schools can't come together and settle everything on the field.  

2 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

In response to Vampire wannabe belittling the privates for losing to two teams ranked in the top 10 in the country I suggested more games against Md publics like the two that were played this year (both won easily by the privates).

Ya think only two 2017 public - private games were played both won by privates????  I seem to recall your lot talked so much about the great difference in a so-called "level of play" and the DC Sniper was to keep track and report the results of ALL scheduled pub-priv match-ups for the 2017 season.  But when I queried that Chevy Chase northeast boarding school chump about the results, that DeMWit refused to provide the tally and that lot didn't care to consider games not involving their so called Top X or Top Y teams.  The way the private lot talked, the pubs should not have been close in any games let alone win any.

Rob, you know the privs get off on top ranked this and top ranked that; the opinion polls.  Well, when the two area teams Imp is talking about played his so-called Top 10 teams in the country, these local privates were also highly so-called ranked --- very like built teams --- and our bad@zz local privates who would kick any MD pubs rump lost to their like built.  One of them learned in Vegas that "...they weren't just built differently...." while the other should feel good about itself for winning it's 6-team league title for the very 1st time ever I believe albeit it did so with a rental OOS QB.

44 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

Newbie here.  I can only use Florida High School Football as a point reference on the subject matter of being the best in the state (private or public).  Why don't the Maryland private and public schools just have one tournament at the end of their conference championships (private school division championships and public school district races) to determine the state champion?  Honestly, I don't understand why schools can't come together and settle everything on the field.  

Publics do come together to crown its champs each year.  It has been impossible for the privates to work things out between a league called the WHACK that consist of teams from two states - use to be three states, a league called the MIAA centered around Baltimore that consist of three conferences - two conferences they rather not talk about let alone own, another league called the IAC that currently has co-champs, and then some private independents, one being a school called Loyola who just dropped out of the MIAA frustrated with the Lost Its Way Arm Race some teams have taken in merely high school football to win.  If only these privates could get their acts together!!!!!

Oh by the way, I know a serious baller here in MD who will be playing with Florida State University in the fall if he doesn't red shirt.  The very first thing I asked him to do is to look up former FSU player and Heisman winner Charlie Ward when he gets there.  Do you remember Charlie Ward; are you old enough to recall him?

Edited by DayWalker

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Publics do come together to crown its champs each year.  It has been impossible for the privates to work things out between a league called the WHACK that consist of teams from two states - use to be three states, a league called the MIAA centered around Baltimore that consist of three conferences - two conferences they rather not talk about let alone own, another league called the IAC that currently has co-champs, and then some private independents, one being a school called Loyola who just dropped out of the MIAA frustrated with the Lost Its Way Arm Race some teams have taken in merely high school football to win.  If only these privates could get their acts together!!!!!

Oh by the way, I know a serious baller here in MD who will be playing with Florida State University in the fall if he doesn't red shirt.  The very first thing I asked him to do is to look up former FSU player and Heisman winner Charlie Ward when he gets there.  Do you remember Charlie Ward; are you old enough to recall him?

I certainly remember Charlie Ward and that fast break offense.  Charlie Ward coaches in my hometown of Pensacola, FL at Washington High School (which is a rival of my HS).  Many moons ago I got to attend a Gold and Garnett spring game while I was in HS in Tallahassee. I got to see some serious ball players like Devin Bush and Derrick Brooks among many others who would go on to play in the NFL.  Great times!  

I do feel Maryland has alot of talent here.  I just wish the publics and privates would play a true state tournament so then there won't be arguing or opinion polls on who is the best.  It's left on the field.  

1 hour ago, Pcola96 said:

I certainly remember Charlie Ward and that fast break offense.  Charlie Ward coaches in my hometown of Pensacola, FL at Washington High School (which is a rival of my HS).  Many moons ago I got to attend a Gold and Garnett spring game while I was in HS in Tallahassee. I got to see some serious ball players like Devin Bush and Derrick Brooks among many others who would go on to play in the NFL.  Great times!  

I do feel Maryland has alot of talent here.  I just wish the publics and privates would play a true state tournament so then there won't be arguing or opinion polls on who is the best.  It's left on the field.  

You didn't happen to go to Tate did you?

But Maryland does have a true state tournament / champions and they are currently Dunbar, Damascus, Linganore, and Wise.  The fact that the private WHACK league consist of teams from another state to go to two other states with a current league champion not from MD is their convoluted issue the MD publics that consist of only MD publics should not have to deal with.  The private MIAA consists of Baltimore area teams of which 2/3 of the teams are not considered worthy enough to even play regular season games against the other 1/3 of reclassified essentially athletic scholarship players.  And again, the other private IAC league consist of teams from multiple states, and then there is the private independent crowd who wants no part of being with the WHACK, MIAA, nor IAC.

It's the wild wild west disposition of the Maryland privates who simply need to FIRST get its act together among themselves to include fostering the primary EDUCATIONAL mission of the sport at the high school level and not be college farm teams.  High school should be a level playing field; not one cadre of teams playing under one set of rules while another cadre play under effectively whatever rules they care at any time to abide with.

Just sit back Coke and read all the private banter here about coaches / players coming in from afar within the privates ranks.  Listen to the big dollar chatters tossed around to secure more wins within the privates -- the Arms Race they often call it.  Publics have finite rules of when kids can be exposed to the brutal contacts of football in August being acclimated or conditioned while last year I was floored to see one of the private MD mercenary teams in helmets and pads face mask thumping it in July at an in-resident camp at a college whose own players had yet to report for training.

So many public kids have summer jobs, need summer jobs.  No way are kids earning summer work money at these in-resident football camps doing two or three-a-day football sessions like NFL teams in July. 

48 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

You didn't happen to go to Tate did you?

But Maryland does have a true state tournament / champions and they are currently Dunbar, Damascus, Linganore, and Wise.  The fact that the private WHACK league consist of teams from another state to go to two other states with a current league champion not from MD is their convoluted issue the MD publics that consist of only MD publics should not have to deal with.  The private MIAA consists of Baltimore area teams of which 2/3 of the teams are not considered worthy enough to even play regular season games against the other 1/3 of reclassified essentially athletic scholarship players.  And again, the other private IAC league consist of teams from multiple states, and then there is the private independent crowd who wants no part of being with the WHACK, MIAA, nor IAC.

It's the wild wild west disposition of the Maryland privates who simply need to FIRST get its act together among themselves to include fostering the primary EDUCATIONAL mission of the sport at the high school level and not be college farm teams.  High school should be a level playing field; not one cadre of teams playing under one set of rules while another cadre play under effectively whatever rules they care at any time to abide with.

Just sit back Coke and read all the private banter here about coaches / players coming in from afar within the privates ranks.  Listen to the big dollar chatters tossed around to secure more wins within the privates -- the Arms Race they often call it.  Publics have finite rules of when kids can be exposed to the brutal contacts of football in August being acclimated or conditioned while last year I was floored to see one of the private MD mercenary teams in helmets and pads face mask thumping it in July at an in-resident camp at a college whose own players had yet to report for training.

So many public kids have summer jobs, need summer jobs.  No way are kids earning summer work money at these in-resident football camps doing two or three-a-day football sessions like NFL teams in July. 

DW, 

I didn't attend Tate HS as I lived more within Pensacola city limits.  I attended Pensacola High School from 1992-1996.  I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my time there both academically and athletically.  In Pensacola my high school's primary rivalry was Escambia High School which was the same HS that Emmitt Smith attended.  The school's are still rivals on the field til this day as they battle annually for the "Ye Ol Wash Boiler".  I love the area for its HS football but even that has changed to some degree.  When I attended there Pensacola High competed in 6A classification in Florida which at that time you were competing against the Miami, Tampa, Panama City, and Orlando teams of that era.   The area was highly competitive in football during that time in which you saw alot of kids from the Panhandle sign DI scholarships to many programs across the country.  The kids were all from public school and honestly private schools weren't even competitive at that time. 

Thanks for the information regarding the publics and privates.  I will definitely keep reading everyone's point of view on this subject.   

I have some peeps who live behind Tate on a street called Winners Circle.  They told me about a very unfortunate child abuse issue with a Tate coach much like the Olympic gymnastic doctor matter.  Isn't Tate, the school Emmitt Smith attended, your school, and Charlie Ward's teams all rivals....

Edited by DayWalker

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

I have some peeps who live behind Tate on a street called Winners Circle.  They told me about a very unfortunate child abuse issue at Tate.  Isn't Tate, the school Emmitt Smith attended, your school, and Charlie Wards teams all rivals....

Emmitt Smith attended Escambia High School and yes all schools in that area are rivals but Escambia and Pensacola High School is always a heated affair.  During my time the games you had a little bit more incentive in was Escambia, Pine Forest, and Washington High School.  The reason being because mostly everyone attended the same middle schools/elementary schools growing up so it is literally playing against one section of Pensacola to another.  Great atmosphere!

Did we ever find out who this freshman phenom was before this thread turned into all the others? 

1 hour ago, Pcola96 said:

Emmitt Smith attended Escambia High School and yes all schools in that area are rivals but Escambia and Pensacola High School is always a heated affair.  During my time the games you had a little bit more incentive in was Escambia, Pine Forest, and Washington High School.  The reason being because mostly everyone attended the same middle schools/elementary schools growing up so it is literally playing against one section of Pensacola to another.  Great atmosphere!

And there is the key for me to public play in Maryland, kids who have grown up together in various neighborhoods playing against each other for their neighborhoods and of course hood bragging rights and not just for themselves or big time college looks.  Here it's Fort Hill vs Allegany, Wise vs Roosevelt, Franklin vs Milford Mill, Northwest vs Quince Orchard, City vs Poly, Potomac vs Oxon Hill, Middletoon vs Walkersville, Dunbar vs Anyone, and on and on.

The private world is X number of D1 youth superstars brought in from just about anywhere to match up against Y number of D1 youth superstars "bought" in from just about everywhere else for game-to-game Gladiator Fest at the high school level chasing rankings and even now MYTHICAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.  I see the body chiseled some so obviously juiced up kids and supporting programs that have Lost Its Way where a mere good tackle is simply not good enough but only a bone crushing paralyzing hit can get an applause from the equally rabid fans in some of our stands.

For a vamp, pubs in MD hits the spot Coke.... :P

Edited by DayWalker

18 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Did we ever find out who this freshman phenom was before this thread turned into all the others? 

You mean the one yet to be a freshman to have yet played a single down of high school football.....  No I haven't heard a name, but can't you tell we are being teased - "SOCK PUPPETed" , as to who it is???

32 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And there is the key for me to public play in Maryland, kids who have grown up together in various neighborhoods playing against each other for their neighborhoods and of course hood bragging rights and not just for themselves or big time college looks.  Here it's Fort Hill vs Allegany, Wise vs Roosevelt, Franklin vs Milford Mill, Northwest vs Quince Orchard, City vs Poly, Potomac vs Oxon Hill, Middletoon vs Walkersville, Dunbar vs Anyone, and on and on.

The private world is X number of D1 youth superstars brought in from just about anywhere to match up against Y number of D1 youth superstars "bought" in from just about everywhere else for game-to-game Gladiator Fest at the high school level chasing rankings and even now MYTHICAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.  I see the body chiseled some so obviously juiced up kids and supporting programs that have Lost Its Way where a mere good tackle is simply not good enough but only a bone crushing paralyzing hit can get an applause from the equally rabid fans in some of over stands.

For a vamp, pubs in MD hits the spot Coke.... :P

So far I have to agree with you! 

5 hours ago, DayWalker said:

You mean the one yet to be a freshman to have yet played a single down of high school football.....  No I haven't heard a name, but can't you tell we are being teased - "SOCK PUPPETed" , as to who it is???

Lol ya I was just wondering what freshman or reclass is good enough to come in and take the starting spot of a QB that has 17+ offers head lined by Bama?

4 hours ago, RM7 said:

Lol ya I was just wondering what freshman or reclass is good enough to come in and take the starting spot of a QB that has 17+ offers head lined by Bama?

They play a different brand of football in the shadow of the prison than in the shadow of a youth field sandbox.  14 or even a 15-year old reclass against nearly grown men can be tough going...  But I've seen freshmen QBs start before...

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

They play a different brand of football in the shadow of the prison than in the shadow of a youth field sandbox.  14 or even a 15-year old reclass against nearly grown men can be tough going...  But I've seen freshmen QBs start before...

A poster informed me who the QB was.  And if it is him make that 16, reclassed twice in middle school.  Makes since now.  

7 minutes ago, RM7 said:

..... reclassed twice in middle school.....

For emotional - intellectual maturity OR academics OR sports!!!!!

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

For emotional - intellectual maturity OR academics OR sports!!!!!

I'll give you one guess an the first two suggestions are wrong.

1 minute ago, RM7 said:

I'll give you one guess an the first two suggestions are wrong.

....then a stage dad and/or mom can't be far away....  Can't wait for dad to jump in here to tell all he is doing what's best for his own kid.

18 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

....then a stage dad and/or mom can't be far away....  Can't wait for dad to jump in here to tell all he is doing what's best for his own kid.

Lmao 

On 2/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, DayWalker said:

😂😂 

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Well I guess the incoming freshman will go right to the NFL since he is better without having played a single snap of high school ball