KeepItReal

SFA Lands BIG TIME Freshman QB

261 posts in this topic

Is anyone else not too impressed with the SFA kid as a QB ? Based off the film I don’t really see a kid that translates well to the next level as  a Thrower.

reminds me of a slightly better Locksley at Gilman.

3 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

Is anyone else not too impressed with the SFA kid as a QB ? Based off the film I don’t really see a kid that translates well to the next level as  a Thrower.

reminds me of a slightly better Locksley at Gilman.

The WV qb was a better passer but this kid is a athlete for sure

4 minutes ago, jbmad said:

The WV qb was a better passer but this kid is a athlete for sure

Yeah most def a athlete, I’m just wonder for the next level? Seems like if they had a better pure QB coming in, it would help everyone in the long term to place the senior all over the field

The freshman may get some snaps this year for sure . The starter now imo is the best player in the 2019 class along with Hellams in md so he can be used anywhere offensively 

31 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

Yeah most def a athlete, I’m just wonder for the next level? Seems like if they had a better pure QB coming in, it would help everyone in the long term to place the senior all over the field

Poggi offense is perfect for senior 

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

The freshman may get some snaps this year for sure . The starter now imo is the best player in the 2019 class along with Hellams in md so he can be used anywhere offensively 

Hellams, overrated. Was expecting a lot more from him last year. 

Bangda will be the best player in the class. Not the QB. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

As long as they keep running the same offense it doesn't what kind of passer a kid is.  Jones is the perfect fit can throw when needed but also is a home run threat with his feet.  He also has a very strong arm but needs work on his mechanics.   Think he has a chance to be very good at the next level.  Auburn, Miss State, OSU those kind offenses.  

23 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hellams, overrated. Was expecting a lot more from him last year. 

Bangda will be the best player in the class. Not the QB. 

That’s your opinion GA Bangda a straight line runner with no special effects 

On 2/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, GOOCH said:

That’s your opinion GA Bangda a straight line runner with no special effects 

I agree...QB brings a lot more to kill a defense 

Yo Biff and staff reminds me of a plantation...all the field hands go out and bring back the best stock from surrounding teams ,counties and stAtes,  he sit back and smile big and fat, Can't coach a lick...dont coach kids up..cant coach em up...its easy to buy talent and win ..sad part about it they send justas many kids off to college as the area better high schools do...and everyone don't go D1...they send off D2 kids also..Area kids not benefiting from the so called fame...more kids from out of the area on the roster than anything ..Yall kiss up to them they lie saying they had 15 homeless kids BS...Some of you guys are so dumb it's a shame...keep falling for the dumbness..

Edited by Coachqb

1 hour ago, Coachqb said:

Yo Biff and staff reminds me of a plantation...all the field hands go out and bring back the best stock from surrounding teams ,counties and stAtes,  he sit back and smile big and fat, Can't coach a lick...dont coach kids up..cant coach em up...its easy to buy talent and win ..sad part about it they send justas many kids off to college as the area better high schools do...and everyone don't go D1...they send off D2 kids also..Area kids not benefiting from the so called fame...more kids from out of the area on the roster than anything ..Yall kiss up to them they lie saying they had 15 homeless kids BS...Some of you guys are so dumb it's a shame...keep falling for the dumbness..

I live in California and even I know that it’s BS and it’s been BS since the last coaching staff was there.

Only reason ashy anyone cares that it is BS is because they are very good.

they are going to be out of the MIAA soon hopefully, and rightfully so because the league is only softening their schedule in all honesty. When this happens people shouldn’t care about them taking out of state kids and what not.

2 hours ago, Coachqb said:

Coachqb,

I don't understand the dislike for Saint Frances Academy when other schools such as St. Johns, Good Counsel, Calvert Hall and others do the exact same thing.  So I guess all of the aforementioned private HS programs are plantations as well. 

3 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

Coachqb,

I don't understand the dislike for Saint Frances Academy when other schools such as St. Johns, Good Counsel, Calvert Hall and others do the exact same thing.  So I guess all of the aforementioned private HS programs are plantations as well. 

SJC gets hammered on the DC board. They have very little to do with Baltimore or this forum hence they are rarely brought up here. Good Counsel and Calvert Hall don’t do what SFA and SJC do with transfers and the youth leagues. SFA and SJC didn’t build powerhouse programs. They used money to get to the top immediately with transfers and youth coaches on the payroll. Things like racism, economic bias, homelessness, restructuring academics, etc...are just used to change the subject matter due to weakness of argument.  

16 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

SJC gets hammered on the DC board. They have very little to do with Baltimore or this forum hence they are rarely brought up here. Good Counsel and Calvert Hall don’t do what SFA and SJC do with transfers and the youth leagues. SFA and SJC didn’t build powerhouse programs. They used money to get to the top immediately with transfers and youth coaches on the payroll. Things like racism, economic bias, homelessness, restructuring academics, etc...are just used to change the subject matter due to weakness of argument.  

But it was ok when DeMatha was using huge money gifts from NFL alums and bingo money and giving "band" scholarships to athletes and "academic" scholarships to athletes who were "average" students and having numerous youth coaches on their staff...what a hypocrite. SJC gets hammered for taking two senior QB  transfers who both were good students and who both paid a lot more in tuition than you did at DeMatha (unless you paid thousands more than full tuition).

Edited by Impartialfan

11 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

SB,

I was very close to this situation for quite some time and I can let you know your statement is 100% false. I have seen coaches from Calvert Hall and Good Counsel come to youth league practices and attempt to funnel certain players into their youth programs to get those same kids onto those aforementioned HS football teams.  So to say those programs don't partake in these practices is highly misguided.  

39 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

Coachqb,

St Johns in the only one in that league.  They are funded by a millionaire.  GC used to be funded liek that.  No longer even close.  And CHC...Come on they dont have a benefactor like that.  You talkin out the side of yo neck bro

6 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

SB,

I was very close to this situation for quite some time and I can let you know your statement is 100% false. I have seen coaches from Calvert Hall and Good Counsel come to youth league practices and attempt to funnel certain players into their youth programs to get those same kids onto those aforementioned HS football teams.  So to say those programs don't partake in these practices is highly misguided.  

Thats called recruiting...everyone does that...you are right.  I dont think a lot of these area privates have connections with youth teams like that.  if they do please correct me and i will gladly admit im misinformed or incorrect.

4 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

SB,

You weren’t close enough to know what I’m talking about. It’s been hinted at by a few guys on here before. It has more to do with UA and how that money is distributed throughout the youth leagues around the area. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you...You also don’t bite the hand that is funding your program to eventually go nation-wide. At the end of the day it’s business and I understand. It doesn’t bother me. I just won’t act like it’s not a thing...

Just now, Tiger1012 said:

Thats called recruiting...everyone does that...you are right.  I dont think a lot of these area privates have connections with youth teams like that.  if they do please correct me and i will gladly admit im misinformed or incorrect.

To name a couple, Montgomery County Bearcats is directly linked to Our Lady of Good Counsel and by what I saw last spring Dematha had direct links with Bowie Elite (Dematha).  All of this driven by the Grassroots youth football league.  I was amazed that this was going on but hey that's what it was at that time.   

2 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

To name a couple, Montgomery County Bearcats is directly linked to Our Lady of Good Counsel and by what I saw last spring Dematha had direct links with Bowie Elite (Dematha).  All of this driven by the Grassroots youth football league.  I was amazed that this was going on but hey that's what it was at that time.   

Is it safe to say only WCAC schools practice this.  I dont believe any of this is in the MIAA.

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You weren’t close enough to know what I’m talking about. It’s been hinted at by a few guys on here before. It has more to do with UA and how that money is distributed throughout the youth leagues around the area. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you...You also don’t bite the hand that is funding your program to eventually go nation-wide. At the end of the day it’s business and I understand. It doesn’t bother me. I just won’t act like it’s not a thing...

SB,

I was close enough to see the crazy recruiting tactics and funneling of kids as it was tried on my little one.  So yes I was close enough to see it happen to other kids as well.  

11 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

But it was ok when DeMatha was using huge money gifts from NFL alums and bingo money and giving "band" scholarships to athletes and "academic" scholarships to athletes who were "average" students and having numerous youth coaches on their staff...what a hypocrite. SJC gets hammered for taking two senior QB  transfers who both were good students and who both paid a lot more in tuition than you did at DeMatha (unless you paid thousands more than full tuition).

I’ve heard the “gossip” about how DeMatha stays at the top. It’s entertaining and over dramatic, so I can see why it’s spread around. Most people that understand the finances at DM get a good laugh. I mean, do you know why McGregor and Baucia left for Gilman? It’s not really a head scratcher. 

Does DM get donations? Yes, of course. But, the DM football program was built over 40 years. It took a while for them to be where they are. They didn’t take in double digit transfers and millionaires like SFA and SJC to “outrun” everyone in the arms race. It is what it is. No need to get upset about it. Money is a good thing in my book.

Also, SJC is about to take in their third senior transfer QB in three years. You do understand how many transfers they took in soley for football reasons by recruitment in 2016, correct? Not sorry, Impartial. I’m not trashing SFA and SJC, but I’m going to call the spade a spade. 

2 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

SB,

I was close enough to see the crazy recruiting tactics and funneling of kids as it was tried on my little one.  So yes I was close enough to see it happen to other kids as well.  

We’re talking about different things here. I’m not talking about recruiting. Yea, everyone does that and admits it, even the publics. I’m talking about money and it’s power to persuade. Do you really think SFA and SJC became the “hot” landing spots for the top youth league players by chance? The bottom line is MD/DC area football has been in a transition into AAU basketball style operations over the last few years. Money talks, Pc.