Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartman

Falcon Heavy 2/6/18

9 posts in this topic

Edited by Bartman

Thanks for posting that!

I watched the whole thing again, and it was just as exciting as watching it live!

I wish my Dad was around to see this.

Thanks guys for posting this stuff.

I have been watching the US space program since the VERY BEGINNING....like even before Mercury.....I assumed by now we would be using ST type ships by now....but it all died.

Till now....it was so damn exciting for me to watch.... I couldn't stand it.

Especially when BOTH.....boosters ....came down on target within seconds....it was like a ballet.

Kudo's to them all for pulling it off.

Oh....and the company was very smart....lots of wow factors to get public interest....and silly stuff also.

Two boosters landing at the same time.....looking like someting from an old sci-fi movie.

Videos ....clear videos of everything...real time...god even booster dropping off

A vid screen in the car saying 'Don't Panic'....shade of Hitchhikers Guide

And the best....launch a car....with an astronaut/dummy ...with one hand on the steering wheel...and the other draped over the door...a Sunday afternoon drive.

wow

Sorry Duplicated during Editing! :angry:

Edited by Bartman

5 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Oh....and the company was very smart....lots of wow factors to get public interest....and silly stuff also.

Two boosters landing at the same time.....looking like someting from an old sci-fi movie.

Videos ....clear videos of everything...real time...god even booster dropping off

A vid screen in the car saying 'Don't Panic'....shade of Hitchhikers Guide

And the best....launch a car....with an astronaut/dummy ...with one hand on the steering wheel...and the other draped over the door...a Sunday afternoon drive.

wow

You haven't seen Everything yet! The After Mission press conference with Elon. He makes references and answers questions about the BFR. The Big....Rocket!

Edited by Bartman

I admire the hell out of Elon Musk, his genius, business savvy and success, as well as his cars (my cousin's wife just bought one as her retirement gift to herself -it's one fast freakin' car!) and his rockets.

Here's an article from one of my favorite magazines debating how the hell he did it! :o