Struds

Not What I Wanted to Hear About Detective Suiter

136 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think that's cop slang.

I know what it is. But this is the Sunpapers forum. 

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that phrase either.

People have been saying it but ignoring it because they didn't want to hear it.

Lawyer Raises New Questions About Slain Baltimore Detective

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/12/19/sean-suiter-questions/

A lawyer for two men whose federal convictions were recently overturned is raising fresh questions about an April 2010 incident that led to their convictions on bogus drug charges and involved a Baltimore detective fatally gunned down last month just as he was set to testify before a grand jury investigating indicted police colleagues.

He asserts that Detective Sean Suiter, then an officer, was driving an unmarked vehicle that intentionally rear-ended a car of one of his client’s. Suiter was among a group of officers dressed in black, wearing face masks, and showing no visible badges during the April 2010 incident, Silverman alleged.

A high-speed chase ensued, ending with the fatality of an 87-year-old man when client Umar Burley’s car slammed into another vehicle. A state court convicted him of manslaughter in the death.

Burley said he thought the

masked figures

were criminals trying to rob him. “I felt like I was in imminent danger and I took off,” he said in a Tuesday phone call.

Pretty sure that cops dressed in black and wearing face masks and no visible badges isn't SOP. 

10 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

I still believe he ate his gun.

Have they released the autopsy reports?  I thought initial reports said "close range". 

10 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Disgusting comment. Not cool at all.  

Ohhh get a grip. Suddenly you are the 'phrasing police'?

Is this now the next level up for being PC?

Now we have to worry about offending because one is not following PP protocol/potty training. :lol:

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that phrase either.

And I am not all 'hot' about it either. But come on gang....face it....compared to some of the stuff posted here.....that was nothing.

Don't like it....voice your opinion  ...move on. .....if that is not statisfactory....then don't come to these forums.

Shhessssh....talk about much to do about nothing.

You want Pollyanna....read 1st grade '**** and Jane' type books....

Too funny.....the PC algorithm censored my post.....sorry....RICHARD AND JANE.  :rolleyes::lol:

Which is equally funny to be accepted....since RICHARD ...is slang for the nasty ....also.

Ahhhh PC censorship....pretty soon we are going to be relegated to 'a, the, that and it'

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

And I am not all 'hot' about it either. But come on gang....face it....compared to some of the stuff posted here.....that was nothing.

Don't like it....voice your opinion  ...move on. .....if that is not statisfactory....then don't come to these forums.

Shhessssh....talk about much to do about nothing.

You want Pollyanna....read 1st grade '**** and Jane' type books....

Too funny.....the PC algorithm censored my post.....sorry....RICHARD AND JANE.  :rolleyes::lol:

Which is equally funny to be accepted....since RICHARD ...is slang for the nasty ....also.

Ahhhh PC censorship....pretty soon we are going to be relegated to 'a, the, that and it'

You should've skipped that 2nd cup of coffee.:P

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think that's cop slang.

It is cop slang. Much nice than what I could have written without slang. 

Just now, johnpolitics said:

That's for sure!

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Have they released the autopsy reports?  I thought initial reports said "close range". 

That is pretty close. They NEVER discussed entry and exit points. 

39 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

You should've skipped that 2nd cup of coffee.:P

Maybe some  should have a second cup.

Sort of like 'Wake up and smell the coffee'?:lol:

12 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

Oh....IMO....yes....a LOT worse could be said. Provided the mods didn't see it.

:lol:

John....understand.......you can't satisfy some of these people no matter how you try.

5 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

We have no choice but to "stand by" but the writing is on the wall. it's no one else's fault if you can't read the  words

Ken, you're right,... the writing is on the wall. However, I just happen to know there are some words missing.

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhh get a grip. Suddenly you are the 'phrasing police'?

Is this now the next level up for being PC?

Now we have to worry about offending because one is not following PP protocol/potty training. :lol:

Guido, I simply made a comment about a phrase someone used.

I can’t help but think of Suiter’s young son breaking down crying at the podium during the funeral. I don’t know whether his family reads here, but they might...and that phrase is something I wouldn’t want a kid to see. 

Enough already. 

Smh  

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Guido, I simply made a comment about a phrase someone used.

I can’t help but think of Suiter’s young son breaking down crying at the podium during the funeral. I don’t know whether his family reads here, but they might...and that phrase is something I wouldn’t want a kid to see. 

Enough already. 

Smh  

Sorry. Just I am getting a bit annoyed with PC-ism. Not on you....I get it.

That poor family.....if this all eventually leads to ...well. I'll say it....he was a dirty cop. What ever 'benefits' they might have gotten....well...likely are in the tank.

I had a very close friend that committed suicide....nobody to this day knows why....but the aftermath that hit the family....I can't even begin to articulate the ramifications....financially and mentally.

But I likely am getting ahead of myself at this point....but this isn't looking good.

Guido, if we were all in a group setting, I have no doubt that your voice would be the loudest, and likely you’d be pointing your finger in other’s faces. You rarely allow anyone else to have an opinion. 

Chill a bit. 

15 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Guido, if we were all in a group setting, I have no doubt that your voice would be the loudest, and likely you’d be pointing your finger in other’s faces. You rarely allow anyone else to have an opinion. 

Chill a bit. 

We are in a group setting and MY voice here is by far one of the least loudest. See MM and Yoda and squid if you need a reference to LOUD. McO too...may his avatar rest in peace. :lol:

Why chill....I chilled and you still are banging on me.

Pink. You are sooooo off base about my personality.

What is your point about making the above statement? I backed off.... I told you why and how I feel. I offered understanding and sympathy for the family and what they are going through.

Yet you keep pushing it. What is your problem today?

Edited by Guido2

IMO, nothing has been said here that the family hasn't already been subjected to, compared to things I have read elsewhere the posters here are putting it mildly. 

If his family happens to be here on the Boards, I highly recommend they leave and forget about any social media for a VERY long time.

If Suiter did not suicide, then his killer had to be someone he both knew and trusted very well. And probably only one killer. The more people are involved, the greater the chance one of them makes a mistake or runs his mouth to the wrong person or in the wrong place, or is seen by a witness. That all but requires the killer to be another cop.

47 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

IMO, nothing has been said here that the family hasn't already been subjected to, compared to things I have read elsewhere the posters here are putting it mildly. 

If his family happens to be here on the Boards, I highly recommend they leave and forget about any social media for a VERY long time.

Not just social media, but they should turn off the television, radio, all local news, and avoid the Baltimore Sun on paper or online altogether. This isn't the likely source where anyone would hear the stories.  Speculation about suicide and his involvement with the other cops is all over the news. 

4 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Not just social media, but they should turn off the television, radio, all local news, and avoid the Baltimore Sun on paper or online altogether. This isn't the likely source where anyone would hear the stories.  Speculation about suicide and his involvement with the other cops is all over the news. 

It’s not that he may have committed suicide. That was discussed with the family, per Davis’s statement long ago. 

It was the particular phrase that was used. That’s all. 

10 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

What's disgusting is bad cops.

Hey, Kenneth, it is me (the whiny retired Cop-guy)...

Believe it or not, I AGREE WITH YOU!!

A bad Cop makes the whole department look bad and makes it harder for the honest Cops to do their jobs!!!

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It’s not that he may have committed suicide. That was discussed with the family, per Davis’s statement long ago. 

It was the particular phrase that was used. That’s all. 

It may have been suicide, it may not have been.
I question (and yes, I was a BPD Cop) why the Department has not solved this one way or the other!!

It is pathetic that one of their own is dead and they can't figure it out!

Oh,  by the way...

It has always sickened me that I could die in Baltimore City and that my death would be downgraded to something like an "injured person" call (Don't laugh I have heard of it being done).

But even worse is the thought that after I passed away, someone could trash my reputation for their own benefit.

(Honestly, Detective Suiter MIGHT have also been corrupt, but I am not taking the word of the defendant to prove that)!