Struds

Not What I Wanted to Hear About Detective Suiter

136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

It may have been suicide, it may not have been.
I question (and yes, I was a BPD Cop) why the Department has not solved this one way or the other!!

It is pathetic that one of their own is dead and they can't figure it out!

Maybe they have figured it out.

And maybe the answer is so damning that they are keeping it quiet.

Exactly who is holding the BPD's feet to the fire in an effort to get this resolved?

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

Oh,  by the way...

It has always sickened me that I could die in Baltimore City and that my death would be downgraded to something like an "injured person" call (Don't laugh I have heard of it being done).

But even worse is the thought that after I passed away, someone could trash my reputation for their own benefit.

(Honestly, Detective Suiter MIGHT have also been corrupt, but I am not taking the word of the defendant to prove that)! 

I wouldn’t believe anything Gondo says. 

re: your other post, possibly Suiter’s death has been figured out. Maybe they’re just keeping it all close to the vest til after these trials are over. 

36 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I wouldn’t believe anything Gondo says. 

re: your other post, possibly Suiter’s death has been figured out. Maybe they’re just keeping it all close to the vest til after these trials are over. 

How do you know that Suiter's death has been figured out? 

Information implicating Suiter was supposedly given to the Feds last March, almost a year ago.

Suiter was killed in November 2017, the day before he was going to have to testify before a federal grand jury. 

A federal grand jury often asks questions to which it already knows the answers but wants to hear under oath.

14 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

How do you know that Suiter's death has been figured out?

Information implicating Suiter was supposedly given to the Feds last March, almost a year ago.

Suiter was killed in November 2017, the day before he was going to have to testify before a federal grand jury. 

A federal grand jury often asks questions to which it already knows the answers but wants to hear under oath.

My post included the words “possibly” and “maybe.”

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

Maybe they have figured it out.

I would bet my house they have. 

12 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I would bet my house they have. 

Oh they know who killed Suiter and they are keeping it hush hush. 

Well, they used to talk about the surveillance video but now they are very hush about that.

56 minutes ago, Persepolis said:

In related news, how's that Luna investigation coming along?

Who killed Jonathan Luna?

I vaguely remember reading about that case before. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

Well, they used to talk about the surveillance video but now they are very hush about that.

I don't think they released the audio they have either.  

22 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Not just social media, but they should turn off the television, radio, all local news, and avoid the Baltimore Sun on paper or online altogether. This isn't the likely source where anyone would hear the stories.  Speculation about suicide and his involvement with the other cops is all over the news. 

Agreed. 

Speculations is a terrible thing, they need to solve it already.  I wonder if they have and they are waiting?? 

I would think that if it were a suicide, that would be easily proven with forensics. I would also think that if it were some random murder by some random thug, that would have been solved by now.  We shall see what comes of the investigation. 

13 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

Agreed. 

Speculations is a terrible thing, they need to solve it already.  I wonder if they have and they are waiting?? 

I would think that if it were a suicide, that would be easily proven with forensics. I would also think that if it were some random murder by some random thug, that would have been solved by now.  We shall see what comes of the investigation. 

Any kind of update even if it involved a lack of progress in the investigation might help about the speculation.

Edited by Ode2Joy

50 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Any kind of update even if it involved a lack of progress in the investigation might help about the speculation.

I believe it would. After no comment for such a long time it will begin to appear to people that they are trying to hide something.  

I hope my gut is wrong about this one.  I'd like to believe he was an excellent, honest cop and was only trying to do the right thing. 

21 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

It may have been suicide, it may not have been.
I question (and yes, I was a BPD Cop) why the Department has not solved this one way or the other!!

It is pathetic that one of their own is dead and they can't figure it out!

One thing I wonder is would suicide affect any pension etc. $$$ the family would get. 

46 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

That Gondo is a lying POS in my opinion.:mad: RIP Det. Suiter. :(

He’s going down and he’s going to take anyone, and everyone, he can with him. 

1 hour ago, caliber45 said:

That Gondo is a lying POS in my opinion.:mad: RIP Det. Suiter. :(

Man please. Suiter was dirty and he cut a deal. That’s why one of his boys killed him the day before he was going to drop dime. How naive are you people?

21 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

One thing I wonder is would suicide affect any pension etc. $$$ the family would get. 

Most likely it would.  That's another motive for someone to try and make it look like he was attacked.  

8 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Most likely it would.  That's another motive for someone to try and make it look like he was attacked.  

It may or it may not.

A lot depends on who you work for and what kind of contract you work under. From my readings and unfortunately personal experience a lot depends on if you work for the private or public sector.

• If you have a union behind you such as the police, fire dept or the railroad (public sector) and you kill yourself.....odds are pretty good that your family will receive whatever pension or insurance they would have gotten if you just passed away naturally.
  • However, if you are in the private sector and have no union contract etc....well ...if you kill yourself....all bets are off...your family will not get death insurance....and depending on what 'retirement' you had....your family might not see that either.

And to reiterate, I have personally experienced the death of friends and co-workers by there own hand. So I have seen 'it all'. What I stated above as a very high level summary ....IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE..

19 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Man please. Suiter was dirty and he cut a deal. That’s why one of his boys killed him the day before he was going to drop dime. How naive are you people?

+1  this is what i was thinking once hearing the new testimony

21 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

That doesn't really make sense since they have all snitch on each other already or plead guilty .....

If he was caught up in it, and there is no evidenced that he was, he would have been looking at shame and loss of pension, etc.....

Suicide doesn't save the pension but a line of service death pays survivors for life .....

Lots of crazy angles and we have no knowledge of any wrong doing on his part .....

May Detective Suiter rest in peace and may his family one day know what really happened .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

That doesn't really make sense since they have all snitch on each other already or plead guilty .....

If he was caught up in it, and there is no evidenced that he was, he would have been looking at shame and loss of pension, etc.....

Suicide doesn't save the pension but a line of service death pays survivors for life .....

Lots of crazy angles and we have no knowledge of any wrong doing on his part .....

May Detective Suiter rest in peace and may his family one day know what really happened .....

I grew up in Harlem park in Baltimore and  people who still live in the area are saying  that this was an inside job. 

there is an element within each police department that is worse than any sector of the crips and bloods. They are much worse because they carry badges. My condolences to the family and friends of the slain officer. RIP

This happened in the middle of West Baltimore. There is a $215,000 bounty on the shooter. A West Baltimorian would snitch on his/her mom for $215,000. Everybody knows the police killed him.

Interesting how that narrative never came out with the original reporting of the shooting. At first they said the suspect walked up and shot, if that were true how could the officer have been shot with his own gun?

what about his partner, why he didn't pursue the supposed shooter. His partner would of been an eye witness but didn't see nothing

Edited by paulsebastian

21 hours ago, Guido2 said:

It may or it may not.

A lot depends on who you work for and what kind of contract you work under. From my readings and unfortunately personal experience a lot depends on if you work for the private or public sector.

• If you have a union behind you such as the police, fire dept or the railroad (public sector) and you kill yourself.....odds are pretty good that your family will receive whatever pension or insurance they would have gotten if you just passed away naturally.
  • However, if you are in the private sector and have no union contract etc....well ...if you kill yourself....all bets are off...your family will not get death insurance....and depending on what 'retirement' you had....your family might not see that either.

And to reiterate, I have personally experienced the death of friends and co-workers by there own hand. So I have seen 'it all'. What I stated above as a very high level summary ....IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE..

Possibility of suicide in Baltimore Det. Sean Suiter case puts some family benefits on the line

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-sean-suiter-death-benefits-20171205-story.html

The families of Baltimore police officers who are killed in the line of duty are eligible to receive a host of benefits: lump-sum payouts from the state and federal governments, a special pension arrangement, workers’ compensation.

The value can be hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But if investigators conclude the officer took his or her own life, many of those benefits are reduced, or unavailable entirely.

Just now, Eastside Terp said:

Yea, read between the lines of my post....

At this point, suicide would be far less onerous than the accusations some are making about his death being a hit made by his fellow officers. 

Frankly, I'm glad Davis is gone but the reports on the news this morning about the new deputy commissioner the new commissioner appointed is also troubling, especially the allegations of misconduct. 

I'm surprised it hasn't been widely reported that Officer Alicia White has been reassigned to Internal Affairs.