Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJC

Curley Coach Fired?

209 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jbmad said:

Also Curley was a B conference team AO. Talent level was iffy IMO this past year from previous year, team lost to Loyola 40-0 that season

Curley was doing just fine vs Miaa-a teams and moving up fast...despite what level they were on, they had top notch talent....I had too many coaches pming me trying to figure out why a kid chose Curley over their school....

Posted (edited)

Who knows, if the former Curley coach had a year or two to find some kids that fit his offensive philosophy, he may have been able to be successful with his system. Not sure what he ran at Curley this year, but he was spread at Dundalk.  Curley has been a double wing, and did the players at Curley fit his style.  He was successful at Dundalk, so his x's and o's were probably sound.  Recruiting is a skill, and it takes some time to learn how to recruit successfully.  If you take a chance on a young coach, hopefully you are willing to give him a chance to grow.  I am not sure that happened here.

Edited by FBCoach
added something

2 minutes ago, FBCoach said:

Who knows, if the former Curley coach had a year or two to find some kids that fit his offensive philosophy, he may have been able to be successful with his system. Not sure what he ran at Curley this year, but he was spread at Dundalk.  Curley has been a double wing, and did the players at Curley fit his style.  He was successful at Dundalk, so his x's and o's were probably sound.  Recruiting is a skill, and it takes some time to learn how to recruit successfully.  If you take a chance on a young coach, hopefully you are willing to give him a chance to grow.  I am not sure that happened here.

He had a special QB at Dundalk. 

2 minutes ago, FBCoach said:

Who knows, if the former Curley coach had a year or two to find some kids that fit his offensive philosophy, he may have been able to make successful with a new system. Not sure what he ran at Curley this year, but he was spread at Dundalk.  Curley has been a double wing, and did the players at Curley fit his style.  He was successful at Dundalk, so his x's and o's were probably sound.  Recruiting is a skill, and it takes some time to learn how to recruit successfully.  If you take a chance on a young coach, hopefully you are willing to give him a chance to grow.  I am not sure that happened here.

YOU DONT GET IT AND U ARE MISSING THE ENTIRE POINT......Curley hired the wrong guy...its not about how well he can coach and how much time he needed to become successful....The Friars were built to run and had a OUTSTANDING Pipeline of players coming in that fit their system....instead of building on what they had and making the jump to becoming the next Gilman and challenging SFA, they made a wrong turn and ended up no where.....

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

He had a special QB at Dundalk. 

hell yea...he had one of the best pure passing qb's I have ever seen seen...he goes to Curly and tries to pass....What te hell was he thinking....Curley was built to  run.....once again, bad hire and decision by Curley..... 

Edited by AgentOrange

1 hour ago, AgentOrange said:

For your information....Curley was doing that damn good with regards to landing talent....I did not say anything about transfers....I'm talking about recruiting classes only....The friars killed the market on Hamilton rec league and some other places...AND YES SIR.....THEY WERE OUT SLINGING MCD..... yes they were

I remind myself again why I should never get drawn into your posts. You are out to lunch and are so off base it is comical.

When a coach makes the decision to play younger inexperienced kids (in coming Freshmen) when he has players already battle tested he is not a good coach period. If you watch any of their games you could see the same players not coming up to make the hit or the same players allowing WR’s to get by them. It’s doesn’t matter what youth organization these kids came from but if they aren’t ready then they shouldn’t play. He had a senior RB on the team that was hurt early in the season and when he was ready to come back he was sitting on the bench. Then this same kid go to the O-D bowl and lights it up   .  He had LB’s that were (much) bigger then his D-line. The worst part is he never made changes and kept players in the game when they clearly weren’t ready. IMO that’s not a very smart.

Shouldn't any Curley discussion now tilt toward who will take over this mess now, instead of 2nd guessing whether Sandora was the right fit there? That ship has sailed. Who will the next guy be? WHEN will this happen? Who is running the off season program? Is there an off season program? What 8th graders are going to consider going there with no coach in place?

4 hours ago, TT2015 said:

When a coach makes the decision to play younger inexperienced kids (in coming Freshmen) when he has players already battle tested he is not a good coach period. If you watch any of their games you could see the same players not coming up to make the hit or the same players allowing WR’s to get by them. It’s doesn’t matter what youth organization these kids came from but if they aren’t ready then they shouldn’t play. He had a senior RB on the team that was hurt early in the season and when he was ready to come back he was sitting on the bench. Then this same kid go to the O-D bowl and lights it up   .  He had LB’s that were (much) bigger then his D-line. The worst part is he never made changes and kept players in the game when they clearly weren’t ready. IMO that’s not a very smart.

Sorry your kid didnt get reps 

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Right for the throat,  lol

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

Right for the throat,  lol

SMH....that's Bleedingorangeandblack for ya.....SMH....lol...

On 3/3/2018 at 5:05 PM, AgentOrange said:

hell yea...he had one of the best pure passing qb's I have ever seen seen...he goes to Curly and tries to pass....What te hell was he thinking....Curley was built to  run.....once again, bad hire and decision by Curley..... 

You need to get out more. Sample was a runner.  Had a decent arm.

20 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

See that statement is ignorant. That’s like me saying maybe you should get a job because you spend all day on the Sun blog (28,000 post) instead of working. But who am I to assume that you don’t work.

1 hour ago, KeepItReal said:

Given the uncertainty of the Curley Head Coaching position, I can't see them having a strong incoming freshman class this year.  Does anybody know if they had any transfers out?

Heard MSJ is getting some not sure who

2 hours ago, TT2015 said:

See that statement is ignorant. That’s like me saying maybe you should get a job because you spend all day on the Sun blog (28,000 post) instead of working. But who am I to assume that you don’t work.

Im a grown man dont need a job when i have a career.

Lol and to top it off you cited the O-D bowl as some sort of see i told ya so 

Well guess what 

My son got invited too and he hasnt played in 3yrs 

4 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

So the Offense - Defense Bowl is a sham?  A money grab?

From my experience yes, my son had no right to get an invite 

31 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

Probably Hamilton kids...........  MSJ seems to like them.

Hamilton gets full use of Loyola facilities......then their kids go everywhere but Loyola.  Just another bad decision by the Loyola H.S.

Loyola doesn't have any rights to those boys, but at the end of the day they have given their coaches and the parents a chance to see what the facilities and environment of a private school is like. The boys still have to qualify academically to get in, and the parents have to come up with some cash for the school. There are no free rides at Loyola. 

13 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Loyola doesn't have any rights to those boys, but at the end of the day they have given their coaches and the parents a chance to see what the facilities and environment of a private school is like. The boys still have to qualify academically to get in, and the parents have to come up with some cash for the school. There are no free rides at Loyola. 

Sparky 

Agreed they dont have the rights but they do have an opportunity to make an impression and from a parent whos child plays for Hamilton the Loyola staff leaves alot to be desired