Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJC

Curley Coach Fired?

209 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sparky 

Agreed they dont have the rights but they do have an opportunity to make an impression and from a parent whos child plays for Hamilton the Loyola staff leaves alot to be desired 

The coaches made the impression they were going to make, as I am sure did the boys. Sometimes it just isn't a fit. Having the boys on campus is a small advantage, but it does also allow the coaches to pick some kids they would like to target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also doesn't help when the parents do nothing but sit on the sidelines and complain that Jr should be starting as a freshman and gets his butt handed to him when he gets in. Just ask the superstar twin that transferred  after playing a game or two and was running his yap at the CHC jv game as his team lost to the as he called them soft Loyola team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbmad said:

It also doesn't help when the parents do nothing but sit on the sidelines and complain that Jr should be starting as a freshman and gets his butt handed to him when he gets in. Just ask the superstar twin that transferred  after playing a game or two and was running his yap at the CHC jv game as his team lost to the as he called them soft Loyola team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jbmad said:

It also doesn't help when the parents do nothing but sit on the sidelines and complain that Jr should be starting as a freshman and gets his butt handed to him when he gets in. Just ask the superstar twin that transferred  after playing a game or two and was running his yap at the CHC jv game as his team lost to the as he called them soft Loyola team

How'd the varsity game go though?! LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

How'd the varsity game go though?! LOL!

As expected, Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article says he worked on the defensive side of the ball when at curley, not sure that correlates to the double wing  coming back, maybe?

I think this is a good hire all things considered. The guy played and has coached in the MIAA. Has head coaching experience, don’t know much about Kent, but apparently turned around a program that did not have much winning previous to his arrival. Given what happened with the last coach, I cant imagine there were many qualified candidates beating down the door to work for the administration there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard former coach has made his way back to Dundalk as a substittue teacher/coach - albeit an assistant coach now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HY3:13 said:

Heard former coach has made his way back to Dundalk as a substittue teacher/coach - albeit an assistant coach now.

Rumor has it current coach will step down as HC and take his old position soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ECF said:

Rumor has it current coach will step down as HC and take his old position soon.

Impressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this right....the coach is fired by curly because of an allegation that was unfounded. There is so little merit to this allegation that Dundalk, (Baltimore County Public Schools) hires him back within a month; I have to imagine they did their homework on this incident before they brought him back.

I need some answers from the curly administration, something doesn’t sound right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dblock34 said:

So let me get this right....the coach is fired by curly because of an allegation that was unfounded. There is so little merit to this allegation that Dundalk, (Baltimore County Public Schools) hires him back within a month; I have to imagine they did their homework on this incident before they brought him back.

I need some answers from the curly administration, something doesn’t sound right

D all you need is a few folks to cry about their kids PT and poof a change must be made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dblock34 said:

So let me get this right....the coach is fired by curly because of an allegation that was unfounded. There is so little merit to this allegation that Dundalk, (Baltimore County Public Schools) hires him back within a month; I have to imagine they did their homework on this incident before they brought him back.

I need some answers from the curly administration, something doesn’t sound right

I watched this team. Bad coaching staff. Sorry guys, reality sucks. If he was 10-0 he would still be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mop said:

I watched this team. Bad coaching staff. Sorry guys, reality sucks. If he was 10-0 he would still be there. 

I get that. If you want to fire the guy because of his on-field performance, then grow a set and do it. But if you are going to hide behind what seems to be a faux incident to further your agenda then you are a coward.....i guess i am naive. This incident should have been looked at independent of any that had to do with football performance.

 

By the way MOP, fire this guy after one year of on field performance? What kind of message would that send within your athletic program? Who would want that job next if they knew the previous coach only got one year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mop said:

I watched this team. Bad coaching staff. Sorry guys, reality sucks. If he was 10-0 he would still be there. 

Guy thats replacing him went 1-9 soooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

Point about the Loyola / Hamilton deal was not about the kids, but the Hamilton organization getting use of facilities that there is no way they could otherwise afford.

What did Loyola think "Let them use our facilities and the football players will go here."  ???  Wonder what all those full paying students parents think about an outside program getting use of the Loyola facilities that the paying student parents are paying for???? 

 

I think you partly hit the nail on the head about Loyola and Hamilton, but not the way you may think. Loyola is a Jesuit, mission driven school, and part of that is to give some opportunities to kids who might not otherwise get that chance. The same idea is behind St. Ignatius in south Baltimore, and Christo Ray in Canton.

I am pretty sure that the thinking was twofold, what can we do for the boys of Hamilton by letting them use our facilities, and maybe we get a recruit or two who may not have considered us before.

That said, the boys and parents do have to get into the school, with some level of commitment and enthusiasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dblock34 said:

I get that. If you want to fire the guy because of his on-field performance, then grow a set and do it. But if you are going to hide behind what seems to be a faux incident to further your agenda then you are a coward.....i guess i am naive. This incident should have been looked at independent of any that had to do with football performance.

 

By the way MOP, fire this guy after one year of on field performance? What kind of message would that send within your athletic program? Who would want that job next if they knew the previous coach only got one year?

Don’t disagree with u on point one. If the hire is a bad one, cut ur losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

I think you partly hit the nail on the head about Loyola and Hamilton, but not the way you may think. Loyola is a Jesuit, mission driven school, and part of that is to give some opportunities to kids who might not otherwise get that chance. The same idea is behind St. Ignatius in south Baltimore, and Christo Ray in Canton.

I am pretty sure that the thinking was twofold, what can we do for the boys of Hamilton by letting them use our facilities, and maybe we get a recruit or two who may not have considered us before.

That said, the boys and parents do have to get into the school, with some level of commitment and enthusiasm.

Hire a messianic coach with a winning record and a great local recruiting network. Then bring the Hamilton program on campus and recruit their kids. Show a commitment to excellence not participation. Then the families will flock to your Program. Loyola has been busy building the Maginot Line. 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Guy thats replacing him went 1-9 soooooooo

They had a down year this year. Lost a ton of quality kids from the year before playoff team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ECF said:

They had a down year this year. Lost a ton of quality kids from the year before playoff team

I hear ya E and those of us who know how this works know adjustments are made at some point in a program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mop said:

Hire a messianic coach with a winning record and a great local recruiting network. Then bring the Hamilton program on campus and recruit their kids. Show a commitment to excellence not participation. Then the families will flock to your Program. Loyola has been busy building the Maginot Line. 

Everytime you comment I laugh a little harder.  You must be out of touch with reality.  Curley would have been greatly improved this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tiger1012 said:

...... Curley would have been greatly improved this season. 

My My My....YOU are such a "dual-threat"  ---  Flexible and Clairvoyant.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 3:19 PM, KeepItReal said:

So the Offense - Defense Bowl is a sham?  A money grab?

They all are if you have to pay for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0