Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJC

Curley Coach Fired?

209 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Pcola96 said:

Highly doubt it! 

Mine is very first hand. But agree to disagree. Also have to remember this was a decision made at the administrative level not the coaching level. I see a lot of people throwing coaches under the bus. They don’t have that authority to just decide not to play a game.

Edited by OldBallCoach

34 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

There is no penalty in a transfer if you move up or down a classification. Curley is a B conference school in football, so the student would not have to sit if he moved to an A conference school like MSJ. Now, as far as i know he is still not allowed to play or practice with them if he is not a student at the school--- unless it is a club team open to everyone at MSJ that he is working out with . 

that's not true. transfer rules apply regardless of which conference in the MIAA you are in. 

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

Mine is very first hand. But agree to disagree

And so is mine! Agree to disagree!

1 minute ago, Maroontiger419 said:

that's not true. transfer rules apply regardless of which conference in the MIAA you are in. 

Yep!

1 minute ago, Pcola96 said:

And so is mine! Agree to disagree!

Just now, Pcola96 said:

Yep!

That to my knowledge is correct I was under the impression I believe everybody at MSJ is that transfer is a transfer they have to go through the legal office to be approved to play or sit out a year regardless of the conference

34 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

That is false The wide receiver did not start working out with school. However he has applied and been accepted. He recently withdrew from curly as well is what I’m told. What I heard was this transfer was initiated by the nonprofit group that sponsors the young man. This was not an athletic transfer.  Also whether he can play or not immediately gets determined by the league. 

Just stop....this non-profit you refer to, strictly deals with “athletes”, so saying that its not an athletic transfer is laughable! If he withdrew from curly, are you implying that he is not finishing out the year academically? This non-profit has plenty of kids at curly, so why would they just randomly initiate a transfer?

So the MSJ blueprint is, hide behind the non-profit and no one will question you? They are using the non-profit as a pawn.

For the record, this non-profit does amazing work with the Baltimore youth. The Baltimore Sun should be doing articles on them and not Biff’s fake work.

stop trying to carry water for msj, you are clearly not close enough to the program to have accurate/detailed enough information for this conversation.

17 minutes ago, Dblock34 said:

Just stop....this non-profit you refer to, strictly deals with “athletes”, so saying that its not an athletic transfer is laughable! If he withdrew from curly, are you implying that he is not finishing out the year academically? This non-profit has plenty of kids at curly, so why would they just randomly initiate a transfer?

So the MSJ blueprint is, hide behind the non-profit and no one will question you? They are using the non-profit as a pawn.

For the record, this non-profit does amazing work with the Baltimore youth. The Baltimore Sun should be doing articles on them and not Biff’s fake work.

stop trying to carry water for msj, you are clearly not close enough to the program to have accurate/detailed enough information for this conversation.

Actually have been pretty close to the program. Just putting out what I know. I do have a favoritism towards MSJ for obvious reasons. So when reading my comments you can take that into consideration as well.. I do agree with you they should be doing a story on nonprofits that help kids not a bunch of drama over high school football.So when reading my comments you can take that into consideration as well. I do agree with you they should be doing a story on nonprofits that help kids not a bunch of drama over high school football or All the positive things that come out of the schools for the local communities. All I can relay is what I know. Which is for whatever reason thi all I can relay is what I know. Witches for whatever reason this group and the parents wanted to make a move they reached out And applied

Posted (edited)

Let me read between the lines here:

1. He is transferring and will be required to sit out the fall 2019 football season, assuming rules are followed (2019-2020 school year).

2. He "withdrew" from Curley this spring 2018 (2017-2018 school year).

Conclusion:

He will be repeating his current grade since he withdrew, so even though he is sitting out next year of football, he won't be losing a year of eligibility because he is repeating the grade he never finished.

Sound about right?  

Sounds to me like the key to beating the "transfer must sit out a year MIAA rule" is to withdraw and not complete your current grade.

Edited by KeepItReal

4 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

Let me read between the lines here:

1. He is transferring and will be required to sit out the fall 2019 football season, assuming rules are followed (2019-2020 school year).

2. He "withdrew" from Curley this spring 2018 (2017-2018 school year).

Conclusion:

He will be repeating his current grade since he withdrew, so even though he is sitting out next year of football, he won't be losing a year of eligibility because he is repeating the grade he never finished.

Sound about right?  

Sounds to me like the key to beating the "transfer must sit out a year MIAA rule" is to withdraw and not complete your current grade.

Wrong he is completing his grade and will sit if MIAA says so. Told you it was not Athletic there were other reasons. And he won’t be re classed.