Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EGoldstein

Now Trump wants a parade

208 posts in this topic

Seems Donny saw the Bastille Day parade while in France and now wants his own military parade.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-parade/trump-wants-military-parade-in-washington-washington-post-idUSKBN1FR03K?il=0

Perhaps Donny is also envious of the yearly grand military parades his good friend Putin has.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4487306/Putin-shows-Russia-s-firepower-huge-military-parade.html 

"That boy ain't right."

If he does get his parade bet he works in scantily clad women. MAGA.

3 minutes ago, Boobie said:

you going?

the better question is which bikini are you going to wear to the parade?

2 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

the better question is which bikini are you going to wear to the parade?

You sir are a true wit.

GEN Milley, the Chief of Staff of the Army, must be super entertained by this garbage. Dude was infantry and Special Forces officer and received four Bronze Stars. And now the CIC is pressing for a parade for his own ego.

We should have a military parade that features our gay and transgender troops. They do have a flare for celebration. Am I right Donny?

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Let’s hope attractively scantily clad women...no one want to look at a fat old pig.  

Edited by RileyMartin

To say that this is disturbing would be an understatement.

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

LOL.  I hope so!  Would they ride on colorful floats, or tanks?  

21 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Let’s hope attractively scantily clad women...no one want to look at a fat old pig.  

So no Trump I guess. Bummer.

1 minute ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  I hope so!  Would they ride on colorful floats, or tanks?  

Need to think about it. Not sure...

In all seriousness we get a military parade every time a president passes away.  Enough for me.  Probably something on a few National holidays too.  I don't need to see tanks and faux nuclear missiles tearing up the pavement on Pennsylvania Avenue to feel patriotic.  

If he wants to hear martial music and see folks marching in fancy uniforms carrying rifles and bayonets, he can chopper into Annapolis once a week in the fall and spring where they do a P-rade every week.  Pain in the ***.  Makes winter look good!  

8 minutes ago, jdsample said:

If he wants to hear martial music and see folks marching in fancy uniforms carrying rifles and bayonets, he can chopper into Annapolis once a week in the fall and spring where they do a P-rade every week.  Pain in the ***.  Makes winter look good!  

What parade is this? I know about the Military Bowl parade, that's once a year. I worked at the State House for about 5 years and never heard of a weekly parade. Maybe it's something new. 

23 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

What parade is this? I know about the Military Bowl parade, that's once a year. I worked at the State House for about 5 years and never heard of a weekly parade. Maybe it's something new. 

Definitely not new.  Probably dates back to the 1800's.  Each week some official is invited to review the Brigade.  They march from Bancroft to the parade field and form up.  After some ceremony and rifle drill the band plays and the Brigade passes in review for the official.  No floats or artillery involved except the little cannon they fire at appropriate times.  So it ain't Macy's Day, but they call it a parade (P-rade), and it doesn't go down the city streets it is entirely within the Yard.  But if you want music and bayonets the public can go as far as I know.  

Edited by jdsample

1 minute ago, jdsample said:

Definitely not new.  Probably dates back to the 1800's.  Each week some official is invited to review the Brigade.  They march from Bancroft to the parade field and form up.  After some ceremony and rifle drill the band plays and the Brigade passes in review for the official.  No floats or artillery involved except the little cannon they fire at appropriate times.  So it ain't Macy's Day, but they call it a parade (P-rade).  But if you want music and bayonets the public can go as far as I know.  

OK, that's at the Naval Academy. You can't see nor hear that from the State House. I should have gone to see it at least once. Sounds like fun.  

Just now, FatBoy said:

OK, that's at the Naval Academy. You can't see nor hear that from the State House. I should have gone to see it at least once. Sounds like fun.  

I suppose it is worth seeing once from the sidelines.  After that it is entirely repetitious unless you have a really special dignitary invited that you want to eyeball.  But I'm pretty sure they don't serve beer.  But I was never on the sidelines.  ;)

3 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

He could invite Neo-nazis, the KKK, skinheads, etc. It will be a blast.

A parade might be informative, as Trump may place on the viewing stand closest to him, those advisors who are in his favor, and those who are not, further away.