Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EGoldstein

Now Trump wants a parade

208 posts in this topic

Seems Donny saw the Bastille Day parade while in France and now wants his own military parade.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-parade/trump-wants-military-parade-in-washington-washington-post-idUSKBN1FR03K?il=0

Perhaps Donny is also envious of the yearly grand military parades his good friend Putin has.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4487306/Putin-shows-Russia-s-firepower-huge-military-parade.html 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That boy ain't right."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he does get his parade bet he works in scantily clad women. MAGA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boobie said:

you going?

the better question is which bikini are you going to wear to the parade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

the better question is which bikini are you going to wear to the parade?

You sir are a true wit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GEN Milley, the Chief of Staff of the Army, must be super entertained by this garbage. Dude was infantry and Special Forces officer and received four Bronze Stars. And now the CIC is pressing for a parade for his own ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have a military parade that features our gay and transgender troops. They do have a flare for celebration. Am I right Donny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

If he does get his parade bet he works in scantily clad women. MAGA.

Let’s hope attractively scantily clad women...no one want to look at a fat old pig.  

Edited by RileyMartin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To say that this is disturbing would be an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

If he does get his parade bet he works in scantily clad women. MAGA.

LOL.  I hope so!  Would they ride on colorful floats, or tanks?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Let’s hope attractively scantily clad women...no one want to look at a fat old pig.  

So no Trump I guess. Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  I hope so!  Would they ride on colorful floats, or tanks?  

Need to think about it. Not sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness we get a military parade every time a president passes away.  Enough for me.  Probably something on a few National holidays too.  I don't need to see tanks and faux nuclear missiles tearing up the pavement on Pennsylvania Avenue to feel patriotic.  

If he wants to hear martial music and see folks marching in fancy uniforms carrying rifles and bayonets, he can chopper into Annapolis once a week in the fall and spring where they do a P-rade every week.  Pain in the ***.  Makes winter look good!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdsample said:

If he wants to hear martial music and see folks marching in fancy uniforms carrying rifles and bayonets, he can chopper into Annapolis once a week in the fall and spring where they do a P-rade every week.  Pain in the ***.  Makes winter look good!  

What parade is this? I know about the Military Bowl parade, that's once a year. I worked at the State House for about 5 years and never heard of a weekly parade. Maybe it's something new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

What parade is this? I know about the Military Bowl parade, that's once a year. I worked at the State House for about 5 years and never heard of a weekly parade. Maybe it's something new. 

Definitely not new.  Probably dates back to the 1800's.  Each week some official is invited to review the Brigade.  They march from Bancroft to the parade field and form up.  After some ceremony and rifle drill the band plays and the Brigade passes in review for the official.  No floats or artillery involved except the little cannon they fire at appropriate times.  So it ain't Macy's Day, but they call it a parade (P-rade), and it doesn't go down the city streets it is entirely within the Yard.  But if you want music and bayonets the public can go as far as I know.  

Edited by jdsample

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdsample said:

Definitely not new.  Probably dates back to the 1800's.  Each week some official is invited to review the Brigade.  They march from Bancroft to the parade field and form up.  After some ceremony and rifle drill the band plays and the Brigade passes in review for the official.  No floats or artillery involved except the little cannon they fire at appropriate times.  So it ain't Macy's Day, but they call it a parade (P-rade).  But if you want music and bayonets the public can go as far as I know.  

OK, that's at the Naval Academy. You can't see nor hear that from the State House. I should have gone to see it at least once. Sounds like fun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FatBoy said:

OK, that's at the Naval Academy. You can't see nor hear that from the State House. I should have gone to see it at least once. Sounds like fun.  

I suppose it is worth seeing once from the sidelines.  After that it is entirely repetitious unless you have a really special dignitary invited that you want to eyeball.  But I'm pretty sure they don't serve beer.  But I was never on the sidelines.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

 

He could invite Neo-nazis, the KKK, skinheads, etc. It will be a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A parade might be informative, as Trump may place on the viewing stand closest to him, those advisors who are in his favor, and those who are not, further away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0