Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EGoldstein

Now Trump wants a parade

208 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2018 at 1:32 PM, workerbee said:

Had Hillary won... what do you think today's topic on here would be?  Comey would still be with the FBI... Strzok and Page would still be "a thing" Mueller would plan on voting a straight repug ticket in 2018 and President Trump would have breathed a sign of relief and played more golf. 

We would be arguing about the Republicans blocking Clinton's budget plans because of their concern for too much government spending increasing the deficit.

Edited by hst2

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

We would be arguing about the Republicans blocking Clinton's budget plans because of their concern for too much government spending increasing the deficit.

Probably... and rightfully so.  Who needs to add another 10 trillion to the debt. 

12 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Probably... and rightfully so.  Who needs to add another 10 trillion to the debt. 

Meanwhile, it goes without comment that the Republicans themselves are doing just that now.

Edited by hst2

7 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

I don't think the parade is a good idea. We already have Fleet Week, Armed Forces Day and countless other military expositions such as Blue Angels, Thunderbirds,  perhaps we could co-ordinate many existing events to one day-- but I agree the thought of tanks, missiles, and columns of armed soldiers parading  down PA ave. in front a reviewing stand with the leaders in it just smacks of the kind of stuff the little fat kid with the bad haircut does.

And the seas did boil, and the skies grew black, and great fissures rent the Earth, and Saticon3 did criticize Trump. By these signs was known that the apocalypse was near!

2 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

And the seas did boil, and the skies grew black, and great fissures rent the Earth, and Saticon3 did criticize Trump. By these signs was known that the apocalypse was near!

Believe it or not, I do not like everything he says, does, or stands for ,but, overall, and when considering the alternative of a Hillary or similar type dem, he wins in my eyes hands down. 

But the thing is, most of the criticism of him I see here is mostly hyperbole,  or of dubious veracity, or  flat out false, and/or of minor matters, which probably serves to keep me from seeing or taking seriously some of the legitimate criticism of him. Just like the elections, maybe if you guys would just play it straight for a change, but you just can't do it. If Trump's as bad as you say he is, you don't have to embellish and make stuff up, just let nature take its course. When you do the stuff you do, you hurt your cause. 

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

But the thing is, most of the criticism of him I see here is mostly hyperbole,  or of dubious veracity, or  flat out false, and/or of minor matters, which probably serves to keep me from seeing or taking seriously some of the legitimate criticism of him. Just like the elections, maybe if you guys would just play it straight for a change, but you just can't do it. If Trump's as bad as you say he is, you don't have to embellish and make stuff up, just let nature take its course. When you do the stuff you do, you hurt your cause. 

His attempt to take health care away from people who need it is minor? His mortgaging the country's fiscal future to make his billionaire supporters happy is minor? His racism, which empowers other racists is minor? We disagree. He's a terrible human being who appears to be out of his depth, and so far at best a mediocre president.

I'd have to know specifically what you believe is made up before I could comment on that.

1 hour ago, Saticon3 said:

Believe it or not, I do not like everything he says, does, or stands for ,but, overall, and when considering the alternative of a Hillary or similar type dem, he wins in my eyes hands down. 

That's remarkable. One doesn't have to pay any attsntion to the criticism of him. One can see what a grotesque and corrupt human being he is by simply watching and listening to him. 

I think your point highlights another issue, that he cultivates the criticism because it draws his supporters closer to him, despite his shortcomings, which he displays with pride, and I think we see that here.

I don't know how making the military march in a parade is a tribute to them anyway, I was never in the military, but I was a cop and they used to make us march in parades while we were in the academy- I didn't  consider it a  tribute to me, I hated it--- it was a pain and usually on a Saturday when we would normally be off and in those days they didn't have to pay us OT--so to me, a tribute to the military would be for the military to sit in the reviewing stands and have the politicians and public parade before them.