Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr Johnny Fever

Adam Schiff sent his staff to try and collect 'classified materials for the FBI

55 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

A rep for Schiff had earlier told The Atlantic that the call was reported to “appropriate law enforcement and security personnel” because “of our belief that it was probably bogus.”

I also don't get how it was supposed to be classified.

I would think it would be more important to report calls suspected to be legit.  Prank calls not so much.  

You are right though.  How do you classify imaginary information?  LOL!

4 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I would think it would be more important to report calls suspected to be legit.  Prank calls not so much.  

Like calls from Russia, or Wikileaks? :o

8 minutes ago, jdsample said:

So you have never been duped?

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Like calls from Russia, or Wikileaks? :o

If you think they are legit, yes.  :D  But it certainly isn't wrong to report anything suspicious.  I once received a big envelope with an ostensibly scientific paper from a guy who wanted me to review it and provide him with thoughts and information.  But the paper got nutty at the end, so I just turned it in and never responded.  

I have also received two letters from Russians on scientific matters and simply turned them in.  One journal article from a lab known to do some classified work and you are a target, I think.  OTOH, maybe they were honest scholars seeking contacts in their field?   But you can't take that chance.  

Schiff's staff, consisting of Mr Ben Dover, Ms Amanda Hugginkiss, Mr Al Caholic and Mr Hugh Jass were to meet at Moe's Tavern to exchange information with the contact.

Just now, jdsample said:

If you think they are legit, yes.  :D  But it certainly isn't wrong to report anything suspicious.  I once received a big envelope with an ostensibly scientific paper from a guy who wanted me to review it and provide him with thoughts and information.  But the paper got nutty at the end, so I just turned it in and never responded.  

I have also received two letters from Russians on scientific matters and simply turned them in.  One journal article from a lab known to do some classified work and you are a target, I think.  OTOH, maybe they were honest scholars seeking contacts in their field?   But you can't take that chance.  

Did you meet them, too?

Trump lied about it that too.

Great guy you're trying to tear the Justice Dept. apart to protect.

The Russians certainly appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I'm sure I have.  

My point is if you claim to recognize that it is a fake, that is not the reason to report it.  Schiff makes it sound like he would not have reported it if he thought it was legit.  

But of course we know he did think that.  

11 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

He is, constantly. :lol:

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Did you meet them, too?

Trump lied about it that too.

Great guy you're trying to tear the Justice Dept. apart to protect.

The Russians certainly appreciate it.

He had legit business reasons to meet with Russians.  Hillary and Obama met with Russians.  Thousands of people have met with Russians for perfectly legit reasons, and didn't sell them fissionable material.  

2 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

And Schiff in this case did the right thing when approached. He reported it to authorities.

Nude pics of the trump rump and a russian romp or two....schiff was probably salivating.:lol:

He said he reported it-unconfirmed by the fbi.....just sayin'.

Just now, jdsample said:

I'm sure I have.  

My point is if you claim to recognize that it is a fake, that is not the reason to report it.  Schiff makes it sound like he would not have reported it if he thought it was legit.  

But of course we know he did think that.  

You are deliberately being ignorant. You have drawn conclusions that aren't there. Schiff reported it because it was communication with a foreign person like everyone should. In his reporting he mentioned that it was probably fake. He was correct both for reporting it and correct that it was fake. And this is an old story.

3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

He is, constantly. :lol:

Very witty.  

Just now, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Nude pics of the trump rump and a russian romp or two....schiff was probably salivating.:lol:

He said he reported it-unconfirmed by the fbi.....just sayin'.

The FBI protocol is to not confirm or deny. They know how NOT to out informants. It's too bad that certain congressional people are cavalier about it. Of course if he is lying then the FBI could charge him. They did not. There's your confirmation.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

You are deliberately being ignorant. You have drawn conclusions that aren't there. Schiff reported it because it was communication with a foreign person like everyone should. In his reporting he mentioned that it was probably fake. He was correct both for reporting it and correct that it was fake. And this is an old story.

OK, if he would have reported anything, then he is good.  It is funny that Schiff's effort to collect dirt from Russians seems much more serious than the Trump campaign contact which was a mortal sin.  

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

He is trying to support his party in their effort to avoid investigating Russia. They all are.

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

The FBI protocol is to not confirm or deny. They know how NOT to out informants. It's too bad that certain congressional people are cavalier about it. Of course if he is lying then the FBI could charge him. They did not. There's your confirmation.

He was a contractor, not an informant.  He was getting paid publicly.  

That is hardly confirmation.  Was Hillary charged for destroying information under subpoena?  

But I guess your confirmation is that Carter Page hasn't been charged is your confirmation that spying on him was a bogus scam.  

Just now, hst2 said:

He is trying to support his party in their effort to avoid investigating Russia. They all are.

I badly want to investigate Russia.  Clearly they colluded and conspired with Hillary, their uranium godess.  

5 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I badly want to investigate Russia.  Clearly they colluded and conspired with Hillary, their uranium godess.  

Yeah, why aren't your boys on that? Guess they know something that eludes you.

But Russia involved in our electoral process? You and the republicans will take a pass. And why not? it benefits your all.

Edited by hst2

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Yeah, why aren't your boys on that? Guess they know something that eludes you.

But Russia involved in our electoral process? You and the republicans will take a pass. And why not? it benefits your all.

What exactly did the Russians do to the election besides make up dirt on Trump?  No one ever answers that.  What is Mueller investigating?  What crime?  

12 minutes ago, jdsample said:

What exactly did the Russians do to the election besides make up dirt on Trump?  No one ever answers that.  What is Mueller investigating?  What crime?  

It's never the original subject of investigation. It seems like most times it ends up being the after-the-fact lying/obstruction/coverup/perjury that gets 'em...

3 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Isn’t this the part when you’re supposed to go to the FBI?

Yes, I think Stzrock and Page run that dept. 

Maybe some of my left leaning friends and anti-Trumpers here can help me out with a quick, simple question:

You all vilified-- and still do--- Trump Jr. for meeting with some Russian  who offered "dirt" on Hillary-- 

so, just how is that different than what Schiff was doing-- or at least thought he was doing-- here?

9 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

It's never the original subject of investigation. It seems like most times it ends up being the after-the-fact lying/obstruction/coverup/perjury that gets 'em...

Nixon's potential impeachment would have been about obstruction but he and his men also committed crimes. No one attempts to go to great lengths to obstruct if they are innocent of any wrongdoing.

7 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

You are right.  This special prosecutor law seems like a travesty to me.  I'll go on record and say as much of a pig as Bill Clinton was, Starr was out of bounds investigating Lewinsky's affair.  If this law is to continue the court should in each case proscribe precise boundaries and disallow any investigation outside the alleged crime.  An alleged crime that must exist, but apparently that doesn't matter either these days.  It is just open season.  A reality show, This is Your Life and Crimes of Everyone Around You Some of Which we Created During Interrogation.