Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

The Grassly/Graham referral of Steele to the DoJ

107 posts in this topic

So Steele’s crime was that he did what Don Jr should’ve done? 

Report suspicious activity involving Russian agents to the FBI? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about shooting the messenger...

Why any intelligence agency or individual would ever share intelligence with us again is a very good question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulflower said:

So Steele’s crime was that he did what Don Jr should’ve done? 

Report suspicious activity involving Russian agents to the FBI? 

How many duds can we all take this month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulflower said:

So Steele’s crime was that he did what Don Jr should’ve done? 

Report suspicious activity involving Russian agents to the FBI? 

No.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

Talk about shooting the messenger...

Why any intelligence agency or individual would ever share intelligence with us again is a very good question.

What if you found out the messenger had lied to you about some things.   Would you 1) still believe him or 2)put him forth as a credible source or 3)not charge him for lying to the FBI.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SemiAuto said:

What if you found out the messenger had lied to you about some things.   Would you 1) still believe him or 2)put him forth as a credible source or 3)not charge him for lying to the FBI.

 

What did he lie about and for what purpose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

What did he lie about and for what purpose?

Read the referral.  Either the FISA applications contained materially false information or Mr. Steele outright lied to the FBI.   Or worse, both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

What if you found out the messenger had lied to you about some things.   Would you 1) still believe him or 2)put him forth as a credible source or 3)not charge him for lying to the FBI.

 

What did he lie about?

It's not Grassley's job to ascertain whether or not Steele lied to the FBI. He's not a prosecutor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SemiAuto said:

Read the referral.  Either the FISA applications contained materially false information or Mr. Steele outright lied to the FBI.   Or worse, both.

I don't have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, people are doing back flips to try and protect a guy who routinely communicated with Russian spies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ncbirdfan said:

I don't have time.

Then go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

What did he lie about?

It's not Grassley's job to ascertain whether or not Steele lied to the FBI. He's not a prosecutor.

 

Thus the referral to the DoJ.   You do know they have prosecutors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Then go away.

Why? I'm in the middle of something now and don't have the time to read other documents. Surely, if this is a cut/dry case it would already been presented in this thread. But all I see is...well I see nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Why? I'm in the middle of something now and don't have the time to read other documents. Surely, if this is a cut/dry case it would already been presented in this thread. But all I see is...well I see nothing.

Because you just admitted that you didn't read the referral.   You see nothing because you don't have the time to look.   Go away.  Come back when you have the time to read what is being discussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Because you just admitted that you didn't read the referral.   You see nothing because you don't have the time to look.   Go away.  Come back when you have the time to read what is being discussed.  

This is a business computer. My security apps on this computer won't let me open it or download anything not already on our server. It's funny though that there is nothing in this thread - no excerpts. No quotes. Just a link. So should I presume it's all another dog and pony show?

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Read the referral.  Either the FISA applications contained materially false information or Mr. Steele outright lied to the FBI.   Or worse, both.

In a joint statement from Mr Grassley and his colleague, Lindsey Graham, who chairs a number of senate subcommittees, the senators said they were not alleging Mr Steele had committed any crime. Rather. they had passed on the information for "further investigation only".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42586855

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Thus the referral to the DoJ.   You do know they have prosecutors.

It's really great to see Grassley conducting oversight in the wake of revelations about Russian meddling in our federal elections... Who do you think he's going to recommend for prosecution next?

the British intelligence agency

the Australian Intelligence agency

the Polish Intelligence agency

the NSA?

----

Here's an ideal. Maybe they should look into Russian government efforts to interfere with our elections, the Trump campaigns repeated clandestine meetings with Russian government agents, and the Trump administration's repeated false and misleading statements about the nature and purpose of these meetings.

Maybe then, he could offer legislation with measures designed to strengthen the integrity of our election process.

In other words, maybe he could his frickin job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

In a joint statement from Mr Grassley and his colleague, Lindsey Graham, who chairs a number of senate subcommittees, the senators said they were not alleging Mr Steele had committed any crime. Rather. they had passed on the information for "further investigation only".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42586855

Yes, it is a referral for an investigation.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

It's really great to see Grassley conducting oversight in the wake of revelations about Russian meddling in our federal elections... Who do you think he's going to recommend for prosecution next?

the British intelligence agency

the Australian Intelligence agency

the Polish Intelligence agency

the NSA?

----

Here's an ideal. Maybe they should look into Russian government efforts to interfere with our elections, the Trump campaigns repeated clandestine meetings with Russian government agents, and the Trump administration's repeated false and misleading statements about the nature and purpose of these meetings.

Maybe then, he could offer legislation with measures designed to strengthen the integrity of our election process.

In other words, maybe he could his frickin job.

In part, he is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Yes, it is a referral for an investigation.   

You mean, goose chase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

You mean, goose chase

No.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The republicans are frantically looking for a boogeyman to take the heat off Donny and his co-conspirators. 

Maybe this will be the Holy Grail they've been seeking. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

The republicans are frantically looking for a boogeyman to take the heat off Donny and his co-conspirators. 

Maybe this will be the Holy Grail they've been seeking. :rolleyes:

Maybe, maybe not.   If Steele was running a dog and pony show and/or the FBI knew it, would that be a problem in your view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Maybe, maybe not.   If Steele was running a dog and pony show and/or the FBI knew it, would that be a problem in your view?

I will grant you the possibility that the information in the Steele Dossier may have inaccuracies or be unproven. 

I will even grant you that maybe the FBI knew the above yet still used it to get a Wire on Carter Page. 

Both points are possible. But Republicans seem more interested in exonerating Trump than fixing the processes for Surveillance of US citizens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0