Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

The Grassly/Graham referral of Steele to the DoJ

107 posts in this topic

Just now, hst2 said:

Is the Fox News story merely a regurgitation of the Grassley memo?

Read the referral.  

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Read the referral.  

I take that as a 'yes'.

13 hours ago, soulflower said:

I'm not sure but I found this:

NYT Report On No Trump-Russia Link Led Steele To Cut Off Contact With FBI

and this

FISA memo: Steele fired as an FBI source for breaking 'cardinal rule' --leaking to the media

So it's not clear whether Steele ended the relationship or the FBI ended the relationship

What's ironic is that both parties claim to have cut ties because of Leaks to the Press

If the FBI knew he was talking to the media and ended the relationship because of it and Mr. Steele told the FBI he had not talked to the media when he told a British court that he had then there is a problem.

On top of this, Mr. Steele may have received unsolicited information from friends of the Clintons but it is hard to say based on the retractions.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

I take that as a 'yes'.

Have you read the referral?

5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

If the FBI knew he was talking to the media and ended the relationship because of it and Mr. Steele told the FBI he had not talked to the media when he told a British court that he had then there is a problem.

On top of this, Mr. Steele may have received unsolicited information from friends of the Clintons but it is hard to say based on the retractions.

We simply don’t know all the facts on this but we do know that someone in the FBI DID leak to the NY Times that there were no ties between Trump and Russia shortly before election Day 2016. 

Who did it and why? is a valid question. 

It clearly debunks any claim that the FBI was trying to tip the scales in Hillary’s favor 

9 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Have you read the referral?

No. The last time we discussed a document you produced, written by the WI Supreme court, we discovered that its author's political campaigns had been financed by the groups that benefited from its decision.

Sometimes the important stuff lies outside the lines.

That would appear to be the case here as well. A partisan letter produced from secret hearings. Caution is advised.

Edited by hst2

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

We simply don’t know all the facts on this but we do know that someone in the FBI DID leak to the NY Times that there were no ties between Trump and Russia shortly before election Day 2016. 

Who did it and why? is a valid question. 

It clearly debunks any claim that the FBI was trying to tip the scales in Hillary’s favor 

Yet they kept after Page even after he left the Trump campaign based on opposition research from a guy who had credibility problems.   Problems either the FBI ignored or didn't bother to tell the FISA court about.   

It would be nice to see the FISA applications at some point.   

3 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Yet they kept after Page even after he left the Trump campaign based on opposition research from a guy who had credibility problems.   Problems either the FBI ignored or didn't bother to tell the FISA court about.   

How did he have credibility problems?

The FBI’s interest in Page seems to have more to do with his relations with Russians than his relations with Trump. 

National Security issues not Politics...

12 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

You could start a thread about it.

The contents of the dossier are part of the investigation, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

How did he have credibility problems?

Read the referral.

9 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The FBI’s interest in Page seems to have more to do with his relations with Russians than his relations with Trump. 

National Security issues not Politics...

Considering the collusion narrative, I'm not the one you need to convince of that.

Read the referral.

You shouldn't make assertions that you can't support.

I have addressed the shortcoming of your documents.

Edited by hst2

Just now, SemiAuto said:

Considering the collusion narrative, I'm not the one you need to convince of that.

Both parties have used the “Russia” stuff for political purposes. 

I may be in the minority in assuming that the FBI was legitimately alarmed by things Russia was doing in 2016 and simply did their jobs. 

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

You shouldn't make assertions that you can't support.

I have addressed the shortcoming of your documents.

Considering that you so far have admitted to not reading the referral you have addressed nothing other than your own ignorance of it.  The rest is a distraction.

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Both parties have used the “Russia” stuff for political purposes. 

I may be in the minority in assuming that the FBI was legitimately alarmed by things Russia was doing in 2016 and simply did their jobs. 

There is a difference between what Russia did during the election and whether or not the Trump campaign colluded in it.  

As the October NY Times referenced earlier,

Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.

source

4 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

There is a difference between what Russia did during the election and whether or not the Trump campaign colluded in it.  

As the October NY Times referenced earlier,

source

I don’t disagree with that but do you agree that both issues should be investigated? 

15 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Considering that you so far have admitted to not reading the referral you have addressed nothing other than your own ignorance of it.  The rest is a distraction.

I merely asked you to clarify an assertion, something you refuse to do, because we both know it is garbage.

10 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I don’t disagree with that but do you agree that both issues should be investigated? 

Sure.   I'd like to see the FISA applications but that might be a bit much to ask.

11 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Are you suggesting that Congress should investigate Russia's involvement in our elections?

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I merely asked you to clarify an assertion, something you refuse to do, because we both know it is garbage.

How can you know that when you admit you haven't read it?   There is no 'we' here.

Sure.   I'd like to see the FISA applications but that might be a bit much to ask.

I wouldn’t bet money on the FISA app being declassified 

Just now, soulflower said:

I wouldn’t bet money on the FISA app being declassified 

Yep.   Yet FISA gets renewed again and again.   smh

4 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

How can you know that when you admit you haven't read it?   There is no 'we' here.

Because you refuse to cite info from it to back up your own assertion

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Because you refuse to cite info from it to back up your own assertion

False.   The answers to your questions are in the referral that you refuse to read.