Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

BREAKING: Ryan Flaherty (“Flash”) signs with Phillies

36 posts in this topic

Wow, Big Dan literally has done NOTHING this offseason, he hasn’t even brought back our utility infielder. How much longer until he’s fired?

Not bringing back Ryan Flaherty is a firerable offense?

7 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

?????

Big Dan literally has done NOTHING to improve a Last Place team. You think he should have a job?

3 minutes ago, pitbull said:

?????

Big Dan literally has done NOTHING to improve a Last Place team. You think he should have a job?

I think he should be entitled to life, liberty and the non-pursuit of Ryan Flaherty. Just like everyone else.

Ryan must be Kim's replacement!

Anyhow, good for him!

Edited by Mr. Buzzcut

But... 

it was so important to have him here so we could all compare his record to Schoop's

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Wow, Big Dan literally has done NOTHING this offseason, he hasn’t even brought back our utility infielder. How much longer until he’s fired?

Duquette hasn't done anything because (IMO) he has stopped caring. The other possibility is that he's been forbidden from doing anything. Angelos doesn't need to spend money on the players. He and his two henchsons will make money regardless. They know fans don't like them and they don't care.

If you want to hit him where it hurts, don't go to games. Don't watch games. Boycott sponsors and let them know why.

Good luck Flash.  Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.  Another of Buck's guys gone.  Really glad about this.

20 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Good luck Flash.  Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.  Another of Buck's guys gone.  Really glad about this.

Big Dan really blew this one 

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Big Dan really blew this one 

DD's specialty is collecting utility infielders and back up catchers who can't hit the Mendoza line.  Can't believe he let Flash get away, :D  Oh and the rule 5 guys.  

Just now, CROUSEMAN said:

DD's specialty is collecting utility infielders and back up catchers who can't hit the Mendoza line.  Can't believe he let Flash get away, :D  Oh and the rule 5 guys.  

Buck has to be devastated 

1st Nolan 

2nd Ubaldo 

3rd Flash 

Yup we are in trouble

13 hours ago, pitbull said:

Flaherty is someone who needed to go. He stunk. Sign Nunez.

11 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

Duquette hasn't done anything because (IMO) he has stopped caring. The other possibility is that he's been forbidden from doing anything. Angelos doesn't need to spend money on the players. He and his two henchsons will make money regardless. They know fans don't like them and they don't care.

If you want to hit him where it hurts, don't go to games. Don't watch games. Boycott sponsors and let them know why.

If you have cable, they're still getting your money.

1 hour ago, Thirteen said:

If you have cable, they're still getting your money.

Yep. Although if you cut out the sports packages they supposedly can't charge you that fee. But that fee is a big part of why Angelos does not care. He does not have to.

What we need is a la carte cable - and Comcast forbidden from charging you that fee unless you have one of he MASN channels. That would let people decide whether Angelos' product was worth their entertainment dollar or not, without that impacting anything else they want to do. That's what will eventually happen as more and more people cut the cord.

Edited by Evil Yoda

42 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Yep. Although if you cut out the sports packages they supposedly can't charge you that fee. But that fee is a big part of why Angelos does not care. He does not have to.

What we need is a la carte cable - and Comcast forbidden from charging you that fee unless you have one of he MASN channels. That would let people decide whether Angelos' product was worth their entertainment dollar or not, without that impacting anything else they want to do. That's what will eventually happen as more and more people cut the cord.

That's the thing. True a la carte cable/satellite will never happen for that reason alone.

However, more people are just cutting the cord. Eventually, I think those ramifications could be felt.

Edited by Pickle20

Philly gave him $1.9 with 500K in incentives. The Orioles are said to have had interest in retaining him. I have to question that. After all, RF is only signed to a minor league deal, with a ST invite. And once in ST, he'll be battling it out with 2 other guys, trying to earn the utility role. None of the 3 players have a bat, so he has a shot. I'm pretty sure he would have accepted that same deal to stay with the O's, in a familiar place, with a manger who seemed to really, really appreciate him. I just don't believe the O's wanted him. Obviously, it isn't any kind of loss.     

17 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Yeah I scratched my head on that one too.  Then I read who posted it.  :D

16 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

But... 

it was so important to have him here so we could all compare his record to Schoop's

Whatever happened to that guy? :lol:

18 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Whatever happened to that guy? :lol:

Ask Slide via pm

Flash wrote a nice “farewell message” on social media to Orioles fans. I don’t follow the team as many of you do on here, so i’m sure you’ve seen it. Seemed really heartfelt.

4 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah I scratched my head on that one too.  Then I read who posted it.  :D

Just me, a season ticket holder for more than a decade. But i’m sure you’re a more legitimate fan #rolleyes

21 hours ago, mdrunning said:

I think he should be entitled to life, liberty and the non-pursuit of Ryan Flaherty. Just like everyone else.

I was being sarcastic about not bringing back a .215 hitter. But he did hit a big homer in Game 4 of the 2012 ALDS when the rest of the offense was lifeless as usual.

I’m sure Big Dan has a plan to replace all of the team’s missing pieces.

4 hours ago, weird-O said:

Philly gave him $1.9 with 500K in incentives. The Orioles are said to have had interest in retaining him. I have to question that. After all, RF is only signed to a minor league deal, with a ST invite. And once in ST, he'll be battling it out with 2 other guys, trying to earn the utility role. None of the 3 players have a bat, so he has a shot. I'm pretty sure he would have accepted that same deal to stay with the O's, in a familiar place, with a manger who seemed to really, really appreciate him. I just don't believe the O's wanted him. Obviously, it isn't any kind of loss.     

Spending 2 mil on Flash wasn't in the cards for DD/Pete.  If he was on a minor league deal with O's, he would of made the team with Buck no matter how crappy he was..  DD pinching pennies it seems. I think they wanted him but at way less than 2 mil.   Either DD is saving every last penny for some pitching or Pete has slashed the payroll big time.