Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BmoreSports77

SFA's Eyabi Anoma Baltimore's Top Recruit in the Modern Era

46 posts in this topic

Very high upside, needs a lot of work. Going to the right school, if Bama can’t get him there, no one can. 

As far as on the field play, I would probably have him like 7th or 8th on this list. Saw him go missing too many times in games against solid talent. 

Top recruit guys... not top player. 

He he is the best player I’ve personally seen in the last 8 years I’ve followed Md football.

and best player I’ve seen in person period.

idk what games you’ve watched GA but he has one of the best motors I’ve seen. Never gives up on a play.

1 minute ago, HSFBLover said:

He he is the best player I’ve personally seen in the last 8 years I’ve followed Md football.

idk what games you’ve watched GA but he has one of the best motors I’ve seen. Never gives up on a play.

Doesn't compare to Taron Vincent IMO

Can't rate anyone above Tavon Austin from that list

13 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

He didn't even touch MSJ's qb going up against a 10th OT.

14 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

Pretty sure I’ve watched more Area football than you, if he’s the top guy you’ve seen in the area ever, you are a horrible evaluator of talent. 

I saw Zach Franks from Gilman dominate him this year. To the point where he was benched. He’s no where near as good as Taron Vincent, or Ellison Jordan was on the field. I’m just talking on the DL. Let’s not even talk about players at other positions. 

2 minutes ago, RM7 said:

He didn't even touch MSJ's qb going up against a 10th OT.

Yeah, this guy is bugging! Has no clue what he’s talking about. He dominated lesser competition and went missing many times. Only D1 player I saw him dominate, was the CHC kid. 

21 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yeah, this guy is bugging! Has no clue what he’s talking about. He dominated lesser competition and went missing many times. Only D1 player I saw him dominate, was the CHC kid. 

Yup, also watch the Mcd SFA tape Mustipher ate him yup got to the point were he didn't even rush.  

5 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Yup, also watch the Mcd SFA tape Mustipher ate him yup got to the point were he didn't even rush.  

And Mustipher wasn’t some great OL guy, he’s a DL. I would say that he’s a better DL than Anoma. 

Anoma hasn’t played football very long, he has a high ceiling. But these dudes need to stop pumping up his play on the field. Very good player, but no where near the best ever in the area. 

Again I said he’s the best I have seen, I’m a jersey guy, don’t watch that much MD football, but have seen the Guys you’ve named, and I still believe he is up there.

I’d actually put the Vincent kid above him, he was a monster when I saw him in person.

He was non existent in MSJ game.  Not a single sack and watched him get pancaked by MSJ lineman that just signed with Villanova.  Word was he was complete jerk after game and very poor sportsmanship.  But he’s 6’5 and runs 4.6 so he’s gonna be top recruit.  Time will tell if he rises to competition level at Bama and pouts and gives up because of pressure.  

Some of you people have either reading or comprehension deficits.  This is not a debate.  This is about the numbers...the recruiting numbers.  And it's indisputable that he is the HIGHEST RANKED RECRUIT FROM BALTIMORE IN THE MODERN ERA.   

All that other sh!t is subjective and you're entitled to your opinions.  

4 hours ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Some of you people have either reading or comprehension deficits.  This is not a debate.  This is about the numbers...the recruiting numbers.  And it's indisputable that he is the HIGHEST RANKED RECRUIT FROM BALTIMORE IN THE MODERN ERA.   

Who said he wasn’t the highest ranked player? We are debating the merit of the ranking, which is what this board is about! If you don’t like debate, stop posting. 

5 hours ago, BmoreSports77 said:

I’m lost. So, according to you, it’s not a debate. What was the point of starting this thread? What were you looking for by doing so? Congratulations? 

That article seems to be incorrect to me. Richard Johnson was easily top 80 player in all publications I saw when he was coming out of high school. Some even had him top 50. Abiamiri was the top DE in the country and some had him the top defensive player in the country out of high school but this article has him 29th in the country?!?!?!? Abiamiri was always ranked higher then Melvin too. Melvin was younger, but there was never a comparison who was better because Abiamiri was that good. 

I will also say, those that saw Richard and Big Vic play never disputed there rankings either as both brought it every game. 

Edited by Dub

Abiamiri was def. a better player than Alaeze but I don't think he was always ranked higher than Melvin.  

Alaeze

• Rivals:  #4 player in the country, #1 DE
  • Scout:  #6 DE
  • USAToday:  first-team All-American on defensive line
  • Consensus first team all-state and All-Metro Defensive Player of the Year (Baltimore Sun)

Abiamiri

• Rivals:  #23 player in the country, #3 DE
  • ESPN:  #8 player in the country
  • USAToday:  first-team All-American on defensive line
  • Consensus first team all-state and All-Metro Defensive Player of the Year (Baltimore Sun)

20 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Why do you make up s**t GA?  We were at that game and that kid didn’t stand out against Sutton.  The CHC QB was leadfooted and I don’t remember him getting beat up that game.  I was more impressed with SFA’s LBs and DBs in pass pro and the entire defense against the rush.  You didn’t make one comment the entire game about Enoma dominating anyone.  Am I wrong JBMad?

I don't remember him getting the better of Sutton at all. TBH I think the only game I saw him do anything this past season was against Loyola and maybe the team they played on tv

16 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Why do you make up s**t GA?  We were at that game and that kid didn’t stand out against Sutton.  The CHC QB was leadfooted and I don’t remember him getting beat up that game.  I was more impressed with SFA’s LBs and DBs in pass pro and the entire defense against the rush.  You didn’t make one comment the entire game about Enoma dominating anyone.  Am I wrong JBMad?

Yeah, what GT said. Anoma had a MONSTER GAME! I wrote about him right after that game and how he dominated. You must have been a little buzzed dawg. He destroyed Sutton.