Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joba

Student, 21, flushed her 'emotional support' HAMSTER Pebbles down the toilet and drowned it after Spirit Airlines banned it from traveling with her (and now she's suing)

35 posts in this topic

A student who flushed her hamster down the toilet when Spirit told her she couldn't fly home with it, is now attempting to sue the airline for causing emotional distress.

Belen Aldecosea claims she 'didn't have any other options' but to kill her pet Pebbles rather than miss her flight back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in November after staff informed her that rodents were not allowed aboard.

The 21-year-old says she had called the budget airline twice to check she was allowed to bring her 'medically certified' emotional support animal - a pet dwarf hamster on the flight home from college in Baltimore, the Miami Herald reports.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5367667/Student-killed-hamster-Spirit-said-fly.html

Good Lord. What kind of doctor would certify a hamster as an "emotional support animal"?

1 hour ago, Joba said:

Good Lord. What kind of doctor would certify a hamster as an "emotional support animal"?

Obviously a Hillary supporter.  .> ;) <

1 hour ago, Joba said:

It’s a lot cheaper than buying the American left’s support hamster Steve Colbert a ticket.  

She should be charged with animal cruelty!

Buy the girl a new hamster and make sure she sees competent medical help.

She obviously needs it.

27 minutes ago, Apexbud said:

Buy the girl a new hamster and make sure she sees competent medical help.

She obviously needs it.

I feel a gofundme link comin!

1 hour ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

A guy I know wanted to marry his gerbil.:o

Was it Jim J. Bullock?

3 hours ago, Woodbuchr said:

She should be charged with animal cruelty!

For killing a rat?  

Still would rather fly with Clyde!

11 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Still would rather fly with Clyde!

Right turn, Clyde! :)

This whole emotional support animal thing has reached new levels of absurdity. That this young lady is so insecure that she needs to carry a rodent around in her pocket is just another example of our downward spiraling society having raised a couple of generations of young people who are unable to cope with the realities of daily life. :(

2 hours ago, Papi said:

This whole emotional support animal thing has reached new levels of absurdity. That this young lady is so insecure that she needs to carry a rodent around in her pocket is just another example of our downward spiraling society having raised a couple of generations of young people who are unable to cope with the realities of daily life. :(

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/emotional-support-peacock-denied-flight-united-airlines-n842971

This story was hilarious. I particularly enjoyed this bit from Delta:

“Customers have attempted to fly with comfort turkeys, gliding possums known as sugar gliders, snakes, spiders and more."

If she really depended on the hamster for emotional support she could never have flushed it down the toilet. I would not murder my cat on someone else's instructions and he is not an emotional support animal.

But Spirit should never have told her she could fly with it. They should own that mistake financially in some manner, if only so they are motivated to better customer service. On the other hand - it's Spirit, one of the worst airlines out there, and that's really saying something.

Ok so this is just not logical.

She should have been emotionally stable (i.e. not a hamster murderer) when the critter was alive and with her.  Either she is lying or the animal was falling short, emotion support-wise.  Inquiring minds want to know......

All I need is my emotional support IPA (or Bloody Mary depending on the time of day)

5 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Ok so this is just not logical.

She should have been emotionally stable (i.e. not a hamster murderer) when the critter was alive and with her.  Either she is lying or the animal was falling short, emotion support-wise.  Inquiring minds want to know......

Yes, that pretty much says it all.  LOL!

"Emotional support hamster"?  :rolleyes:

For some reason, the first thing I thought of was Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men"... Lenny and rabbits.

Clearly we need larger toilets.  What are you going to do with your emotional support German Shepherd if they wont let him fly?  I suggest making toilets able to handle anything smaller than a quarter horse.  

13 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Clearly we need larger toilets.  What are you going to do with your emotional support German Shepherd if they wont let him fly?  I suggest making toilets able to handle anything smaller than a quarter horse.  

Don't fall in!

🤤

7 minutes ago, Apexbud said:

Don't fall in!

🤤

Yes, my wife's complaint that I leave the seat up would be very bad.  

5 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Yes, my wife's complaint that I leave the seat up would be very bad.  

Look before you leak.

10 minutes ago, Apexbud said:

Look before you leak.

Sorry, the wife doesn't buy that.  Apparently sitting in the blind is a right of females.