Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woodbuchr

Olympic controversy-coin flip determines flag bearer-loser calls it dishonorable

37 posts in this topic

When the voting was over for determining the flag bearer for the US Olympic team there was a tie. As was already planned in case of this event there was a coin flip. The winner was gracious and the loser called it "dishonorably tossed a coin". What was dishonorable? Following the established rule?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/08/after-losing-coin-toss-speedskater-shani-davis-rips-u-s-olympic-flag-bearer-selection/?utm_term=.a00f92ff3949

because Hamlin and Davis each received four votes, the decision was left to a coin toss, in a process established beforehand by the USOC. Hamlin won the coin toss.

Coin tosses decide a lot of things, I never heard it called dishonorable before.

Edited by Woodbuchr

Why have we sent a sore loser to the Olympics? Will Davis throw a tantrum if he doesn't win another gold? Sorry, but this situation called for whomever lost that coin toss to be gracious, not petty. 

1 hour ago, Woodbuchr said:

When the voting was over for determining the flag bearer for the US Olympic team there was a tie. As was already planned in case of this event there was a coin flip. The winner was gracious and the loser called it "dishonorably tossed a coin". What was dishonorable? Following the established rule?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/08/after-losing-coin-toss-speedskater-shani-davis-rips-u-s-olympic-flag-bearer-selection/?utm_term=.a00f92ff3949

Coin tosses decide a lot of things, I never heard it called dishonorable before.

Obviously a Hillary supporter.  > ;) <

Davis's tweet... "No problem. I can wait until 2022. #BlackHistoryMonth2018 #PyeongChang2018Right.

Edited by workerbee

Remember the Seoul games? When a guy wouldn't leave the boxing ring because he did not feel he had been fairly beaten. He dropped his guard, he claimed because he heard another ring's bell and thought the round was over. Maybe it's something that emanates from Korea... :)

what an embarrassment this guy is, I hope he fails miserably.  We ought to send people with character and grace to the Olympics, not a loser like this guy.

Must have been using a racist coin. Did it have a Dead White Male Slave-owner as "heads"? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, workerbee said:

Obviously a Hillary supporter.  > ;) <

Davis's tweet... "No problem. I can wait until 2022. #BlackHistoryMonth2018 #PyeongChang2018Right.

Yes, Hillary spoke quite a bit how the election was 'fixed'.

This person is right in Trump's wheelhouse- it's always someone else's fault.

11 minutes ago, hst2 said:

This person is right in Trump's wheelhouse- it's always someone else's fault.

You didn't open the link did you?

But he might be, I don't know.

Edited by Woodbuchr

1 minute ago, Woodbuchr said:

You didn't open the link did you?

But he might be, I don't know.

Probably not.  He's on his own time now. 

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

Probably not.  He's on his own time now. 

:lol:

15 hours ago, regularguy said:

Must have been using a racist coin. Did it have a Dead White Male Slave-owner as "heads"? :rolleyes:

Are you saying this because he was black? Did he indicate it was racial?

He skipped the opening ceremony as a result.

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

He skipped the opening ceremony as a result.

He sounds like a real piece of work with a chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder. Perhaps he doesn't realize that he is simply making an arse of himself in front of millions of fans of the Olympics. 

2 minutes ago, Papi said:

He sounds like a real piece of work with a chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder. Perhaps he doesn't realize that he is simply making an arse of himself in front of millions of fans of the Olympics. 

Hope the ingrate loses big time.

1 minute ago, Smokey 1 said:

He could blame the Russians. They hacked the machines.

10 minutes ago, Papi said:

I agree. This petty stuff is unbecoming of an Olympic athlete.

Will any of the athletes kneel during the medal ceremony playing of the National Anthem?

13 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Will any of the athletes kneel during the medal ceremony playing of the National Anthem?

I was thinking the same thing. My money is on this guy should he be on the podium.

Why did he start the tweet with "I am an American"?  Was there any question as to his Americanness? Is Erin Hamlin not an American?  What is his point?

8 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Why did he start the tweet with "I am an American"?  Was there any question as to his Americanness? Is Erin Hamlin not an American?  What is his point?

Yeah I Googled the other person in case she was like an immigrant or something and he was being a jerk about it. But no, she's from upstate NY. I don't understand this guys gripe at all.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Yeah I Googled the other person in case she was like an immigrant or something and he was being a jerk about it. But no, she's from upstate NY. I don't understand this guys gripe at all.

Probably feels he is not getting his "special" treatment and privileges.

8 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Probably feels he is not getting his "special" treatment and privileges.

Nailed it. Unfortunately he appears to think he's somehow more special than others. Not much of a team player mentality.

Not a good look for Davis or our team.

Seems to be well respected by his fellow speed skaters. But I think for a guy who finished 8th and 11th in Sochi, he needs to pull his head out and be a bit more humble and enjoy his last run at the games.

1 hour ago, Smokey 1 said:

According to Trumpism, if you don't clap for him that makes you a traitor.

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

According to Trumpism, if you don't clap for him that makes you a traitor.

Who the ingrate or Trump?