Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prodigalson1

GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN...AGAIN!

59 posts in this topic

As of midnight Friday morning, the government has officially shutdown

Many government operations will continue — U.S. troops will stay at their posts and mail will get delivered. But almost half the 2 million civilian federal workers will be barred from doing their jobs.

 

2nd Shutdown In 3 Weeks

 

"I'd love to see a shutdown if we don't get this stuff taken care of."  Donald Trump Feb 6, 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long will it take for people to finally realize that today's GOP is simply incapable of governing in a responsible manner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire the lot of them in both the Senate and the House and start again.  If we the voters had half a brain between us, there would be 435 new Congress critters next January, and 100 new Senators over the next 6 years.

But we don't.

We will put 85% of these useless, moronic, cowardly losers back in office simply because they have a letter after their names that we prefer to the other letter.

#noincumbents #termlimitsnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I’m reading it right, Congress has addressed the issue, it just needs Donny’s signature and we’re back in business.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawn.....

Rand Paul is right, as usual.....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

How long will it take for people to finally realize that today's GOP is simply incapable of governing in a responsible manner?

To suggest that one side or the other is more or less responsible is a perfect example of why these incompetent cowards are doing so poorly.  You disagree with a number of Republican proposals, just as I disagree with a number of Democrat proposals.  A Democrat points to this or that Republican as corrupt and incompetent and a Republican points to a Democrat as corrupt and incompetent and the purpose is not to pass a bill that benfits the US, but one that benefits thier political perspective.  Both sides put party above everything, including their self-respect.  

Both sides played a part in this role and to suggest, as you will probably do, that the Senate is controlled by the Republicans is ridiculous when the Senate’s own rules have killed the idea of majority and substituted some false 60 vote narrative.  

Even in this ridiculous “solution” that these fools have put forth lies the seed of increased debt and a false security.  In agreeing to this debacle of a bill, these idiots have merely done what so many before them have done; kick the deficit can further down the road and screamed at the top of their childish lungs “let them eat cake”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

To suggest that one side or the other is more or less responsible is a perfect example of why these incompetent cowards are doing so poorly.  You disagree with a number of Republican proposals, just as I disagree with a number of Democrat proposals.  A Democrat points to this or that Republican as corrupt and incompetent and a Republican points to a Democrat as corrupt and incompetent and the purpose is not to pass a bill that benfits the US, but one that benefits thier political perspective.  Both sides put party above everything, including their self-respect.  

Both sides played a part in this role and to suggest, as you will probably do, that the Senate is controlled by the Republicans is ridiculous when the Senate’s own rules have killed the idea of majority and substituted some false 60 vote narrative.  

Even in this ridiculous “solution” that these fools have put forth lies the seed of increased debt and a false security.  In agreeing to this debacle of a bill, these idiots have merely done what so many before them have done; kick the deficit can further down the road and screamed at the top of their childish lungs “let them eat cake”.

So you are saying the majority party has no accountability in this shutdown - that it's a "both sides" thing? Maybe it's time for congressional power to be reversed to see how the other side can govern. Obviously, the current majority party is incapable of leading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

So you are saying the majority party has no accountability in this shutdown - that it's a "both sides" thing? Maybe it's time for congressional power to be reversed to see how the other side can govern. Obviously, the current majority party is incapable of leading.

Equally obvious is that you still have not taken the reading comprehension course I suggested.

Where did I say the majority had no accountability?  Where did I even suggest that in my post?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Equally obvious is that you still have not taken the reading comprehension course I suggested.

Where did I say the majority had no accountability?  Where did I even suggest that in my post?  

 

"Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P J O'Rourke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

"Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P J O'Rourke

So,  no thoughts of your own.  How consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So,  no thoughts of your own.  How consistent.

You've been on this forum for a long time. You know that isn't true. Mr. O'Rourke's quote backed up my own thoughts in a few posts above. The current  GOP can't govern. They've proven it over and over.  I do understand why you want to make this personal though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

You've been on this forum for a long time. You know that isn't true. Mr. O'Rourke's quote backed up my own thoughts in a few posts above. The current  GOP can't govern. They've proven it over and over.  I do understand why you want to make this personal though.

Really?  I think it is both true and accurate.  But please, do tell me why I want to make this personal.  

The blind, stupid partisanship that festers on this board mirrors the blind, stupid partisanship that is rotting the federal government and rotting this board.  Denying the complicity rising from both sides of the aisle is to deny reality.  Hiding behind that partisanship does nothing to resolve issues and I getting too damn tired and too damn old to tolerate it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Yawn.....

Rand Paul is right, as usual.....

Yeah, he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Really?  I think it is both true and accurate.  But please, do tell me why I want to make this personal.  

The blind, stupid partisanship that festers on this board mirrors the blind, stupid partisanship that is rotting the federal government and rotting this board.  Denying the complicity rising from both sides of the aisle is to deny reality.  Hiding behind that partisanship does nothing to resolve issues and I getting too damn tired and too damn old to tolerate it well.

That's a really good and accurate post IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Really?  I think it is both true and accurate.  But please, do tell me why I want to make this personal.  

The blind, stupid partisanship that festers on this board mirrors the blind, stupid partisanship that is rotting the federal government and rotting this board.  Denying the complicity rising from both sides of the aisle is to deny reality.  Hiding behind that partisanship does nothing to resolve issues and I getting too damn tired and too damn old to tolerate it well.

Just so you know. You are part of the blind, stupid partisanship on this board and it looks like you have a buddy to defend your blindness (see post above mine). And Trump is the architect of blind, stupid partisanship in this nation. In order to stop blind, stupid partisanship we have to get rid of the queen bee and her enablers and start anew.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Really?  I think it is both true and accurate.  But please, do tell me why I want to make this personal.  

The blind, stupid partisanship that festers on this board mirrors the blind, stupid partisanship that is rotting the federal government and rotting this board.  Denying the complicity rising from both sides of the aisle is to deny reality.  Hiding behind that partisanship does nothing to resolve issues and I getting too damn tired and too damn old to tolerate it well.

This^

Blame the two party system.  It has destroyed the ability to have a functional government.  The founding fathers warned about the evils of parties, it's a shame they didn't figure out a way to constitutionally prevent them from ever taking hold.  The two parties have what they always wanted:  A core base of mindless voters that will always cast their vote based on nothing but the letter behind the name.  Just look at the comments you get from this board if you say you voted third party.   The horror!  You are a nothing more than a leper who should be cast out of society and shunned.  

Quote

 

In fact, the Founding Fathers warned us about the threat from a two party system.

John Adams said:  There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:  The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/07/the-founding-fathers-tried-to-warn-us-about-the-threat-from-a-two-party-system.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Just so you know. You are part of the blind, stupid partisanship on this board and it looks like you have a buddy to defend your blindness (see post above mine). And Trump is the architect of blind, stupid partisanship in this nation. In order to stop blind, stupid partisanship we have to get rid of the queen bee and her enablers and start anew.

LOLZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Just so you know. You are part of the blind, stupid partisanship on this board and it looks like you have a buddy to defend your blindness (see post above mine). And Trump is the architect of blind, stupid partisanship in this nation. In order to stop blind, stupid partisanship we have to get rid of the queen bee and her enablers and start anew.

Really?  It never existed before today?  Was there no blind partisanship to Obama, Bush, Clinton?  I can accept that republicans are a good part of the problem, why do you deny that democrats have a part in it as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cprenegade said:

Really?  It never existed before today?  Was there no blind partisanship to Obama, Bush, Clinton?  I can accept that republicans are a good part of the problem, why do you deny that democrats have a part in it as well?

There was definitely blind partisanship before Trump. But he has exploited it to the maximum capacity. Surely you can see this. Trump ceased the opportunity to divide people and to condemn people not completely loyal to him. Even people who are supposedly on his same team are now enemies if they aren't blindly loyal to Trump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Just so you know. You are part of the blind, stupid partisanship on this board and it looks like you have a buddy to defend your blindness (see post above mine). And Trump is the architect of blind, stupid partisanship in this nation. In order to stop blind, stupid partisanship we have to get rid of the queen bee and her enablers and start anew.

You really need to take off those “I hate Trump and all things associated with him” glasses.   As I have posted many times here, Trump is a buffoon, but to let that blind you to the blistering incompetence and cowardice that has Congress in a death grip is to simply deny truth.  Trump’s enablers and users are on both sides of the Congressional aisle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a horrible day to be a Democrat.  They were so hoping for a shutdown, instead President Trump told Schumer and Pelosi to jump and they dutifully replied "how high".  Again they followed orders from President Trump. They worship him.  This is so fun to watch.  Democrats have become Trump's personal sock puppets.....lol

Edited by Boobie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

How long will it take for people to finally realize that today's GOP is simply incapable of governing in a responsible manner?

I guess we're gonna have to wait till 2020 to MAGA.

😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

^^^ blind, stupid partisanship, writ large.

Interestingly you only see others' blind stupid partisanship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0