VOSA

Liberal Looney Toons, Part II

83 posts in this topic

A Liberal Looney Toon wants to remove Confederate statutes and rename cities.

"We want to wipe the slate clean. And we have challenged the mayor from the very beginning: Don't do a half-job, let's do the whole job," Suber said.

He said New Orlean's iconic Jackson Square -- which is named after Andrew Jackson -- is an "abomination" that must be removed, as should anything honoring other slave owners like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

"So we need to rename Washington, D.C., correct?" Ingraham asked.

"Yes, I would do that," Suber replied.

Well Suby baby if you want to do the whole job then you’d better get busy cause it’s a very big job.

You’ve got to rename all the states, cities, towns, colleges, universities, public schools, streets, avenues, roads, boulevards, products, etc., etc. named after George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James K. Polk, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson and Ulysses S. Grant.

And that’s just the U.S. presidents. We still have Lee, Pickett, Hood, Bragg and all the other Confederate generals to go.

Suby’s gonna be very, very busy AND HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

CONTRIBUTE TODAY!!!

 

 

Edited by VOSA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Link says Site Can't be reached, but I did see the interview.  Incredible to watch.  I especially liked the part where he declared... "we are in the majority now in New Orleans"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, its interesting, local governments, reflecting the will of their voters, are taking down these monuments, but the slave state defenders want the states to stop them. Some members of the Party of Lincoln even run on protecting them, ruminating on what a proud part of their heritage the slave state is. Isn't irony rich?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VOSA said:

A Liberal Looney Toon wants to remove Confederate statutes and rename cities.

"We want to wipe the slate clean. And we have challenged the mayor from the very beginning: Don't do a half-job, let's do the whole job," Suber said.

He said New Orlean's iconic Jackson Square -- which is named after Andrew Jackson -- is an "abomination" that must be removed, as should anything honoring other slave owners like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

"So we need to rename Washington, D.C., correct?" Ingraham asked.

"Yes, I would do that," Suber replied.

Well Suby baby if you want to do the whole job then you’d better get busy cause it’s a very big job.

You’ve got to rename all the states, cities, towns, colleges, universities, public schools, streets, avenues, roads, boulevards, products, etc., etc. named after George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James K. Polk, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson and Ulysses S. Grant.

And that’s just the U.S. presidents. We still have Lee, Pickett, Hood, Bragg and all the other Confederate generals to go.

Suby’s gonna be very, very busy AND HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

CONTRIBUTE TODAY!!!

 

 

Isn't it fascinating to observe how deeply ingrained white supremacy is in our history?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Isn't it fascinating to observe how deeply ingrained white supremacy is in our history?

So you believe the white supremacy you see can be eradicated by renaming a few thousand cities, town, universities, etc., etc.

BTW, for openers what would you rename D.C.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VOSA said:

So you believe the white supremacy you see can be eradicated by renaming a few thousand cities, town, universities, etc., etc.

BTW, for openers what would you rename D.C.?

I'm not sure I would go that far, but you have to admit, the list of white supremacists is impressive, indeed.

Edited by hst2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I'm not sure I would go that far, but you have to admit, the list of white supremacists is impressive, indeed.

And fairly old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VOSA said:

And fairly old.

They are old cities and monuments.

But the names highly regarded today by many members of the Party of Lincoln.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Lots of books to be burned. :o

You seldom fail to side with white supremacists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hst2 said:

You seldom fail to side with white supremacists.

I see, so objecting to book burning means I side with white supremacists.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've  said before, no generation has the right to tear down the monuments of an earlier generation.  That's what the Taliban and ISIS do. 

Raise money and build your own damn monuments . I'll even chip in  $10 for one to Bo Diddley .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

As I've  said before, no generation has the right to tear down the monuments of an earlier generation. 

You can say it til you are blue in the face, but it's not true.

You guys lost your monument privileges when we lost Heather Heyer.

Buckle up.

The misguided monuments to your wretched confederate scumbags are coming down, and none of your beloved right-wing terrorists can stop it in the end.

Edited by Calamari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

As I've  said before, no generation has the right to tear down the monuments of an earlier generation.  That's what the Taliban and ISIS do. 

Raise money and build your own damn monuments . I'll even chip in  $10 for one to Bo Diddley .  

Even I disagree with you on this one, Duke.  Without considering if there is a moral message in taking down or preserving the statues, each succeeding generation has the right to determine for itself how its tax dollars will be spent.  If a community determines that something in the public square is not worth preserving, that have an inherent right to remove that cost.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A community voting to remove a statue is significantly different than a gang of cutthroats acting outside of the law.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Calamari said:

You can say it til you are blue in the face, but it's not true.

You guys lost your monument privileges when we lost Heather Heyer.

Buckle up.

The misguided monuments to your wretched confederate scumbags are coming down, and none of your beloved right-wing terrorists can stop it in the end.

Stupid babe and her pals  shouldn't a have attacked that boy in his car . He was in fear of  his life and got  out the  only  way he could . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duke of Earl said:

Stupid babe and her pals  shouldn't a have attacked that boy in his car . He was in fear of  his life and got  out the  only  way he could . 

It's never a good idea to side with the white supremacist, Duke. Never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yee Haw! We are fixin' to have us another multi page Civil War thread. It's about time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hst2 said:

Isn't it fascinating to observe how deeply ingrained white supremacy is in our history?

Isn't it a shame that some idiot wants to rename Jackson Square because that idiot cannot realize that the times were different then. Yes there were times in this country when owning slaves was OK. That ended in 1865. Move on fools. Stop living in the past.

Edited by Papi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hst2 said:

Isn't it fascinating to observe how deeply ingrained white supremacy is in our history?

Don’t you have a hair shirt somewhere that needs ironing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

It's never a good idea to side with the white supremacist, Duke. Never.

What is lost in all the debate is the fact that many of the people were there for  the sole purpose of saving the Lee monument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

Yee Haw! We are fixin' to have us another multi page Civil War thread. It's about time. 

hst and Smokey are always ready. 10 pages of repetitive junk on the way.

Edited by bmorepunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

What is lost in all the debate is the fact that many of the people were there for  the sole purpose of saving the Lee monument. 

The people who want monuments to treasonous white surpremacists like Lee are at best white supremacist "lite". And that's only if they can make a convincing case that they're not worse. The default assumption has to be, if you hold a person like that in high regard, that you agree with his ideas.

In the case of James Alex Fields, who murdered Heyer, we don't have to wonder. We know he was a white supremacist. And you defended him. That's disappointing in anyone who isn't around 150 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

The people who want monuments to treasonous white surpremacists like Lee are at best white supremacist "lite". And that's only if they can make a convincing case that they're not worse. The default assumption has to be, if you hold a person like that in high regard, that you agree with his ideas.

In the case of James Alex Fields, who murdered Heyer, we don't have to wonder. We know he was a white supremacist. And you defended him. That's disappointing in anyone who isn't around 150 years old.

  Their ideas of Constitutional government,  absolutely . 

You're going to hated   it when Mr.  Fields is found not guilty by reason of self defense against a mob .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VOSA said:

BTW, for openers what would you rename D.C.?

How about Hymietown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now