Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

Mike Pence doesn't stand for Korea, skips meal with North Koreans

153 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jdsample said:

I have never seen anything claiming that.  Has Japan's credibility been impacted by Fukajima? 

It certainly has in my opinion. Who in their right mind would ever build nuclear reactors on a fault line in 'the ring of fire'? It was a disaster just waiting to happen.

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

No I simply said I will not patronize an openly xenophobic person. 

So says the xenophobic Anglophobe, too funny. 😅

22 hours ago, hst2 said:

Interestingly, both were raised in wealthy and privilege. Both inherited the family business, so to speak. Both had overbearing fathers whose long shadows both strive to get out from under. Both are apt to issue childish insults and both make threats at each other which they don't follow through with. Both, of course, feels he alone can solve their respective country's problems and feel the world revolves around him. Both have women, Trump his daughter, Kim, his sister, who they each send out into the world to suggest that he isn't really the monster that he certainly appears to be. Both see their political opponents as dangerous enemies that must be eliminated.Trump lacks Kim's power to simply kill them, and it isn't hard to imagine that that grates on him. Trump, of course, has expressed admiration for other brutal dictators.

Kim is a third generation communist dictator who allows his own people to starve and murders his opponents and even other family members. 

You and others who pursue the whole "Trump is a dictator/Hitler" and "We're on the road to a totalitarian dictatorship" probably believe that or else you wouldn't continually do it.  Unfortunately, that prevents you from seeing the folly of such comparisons and how it further damages your credibility even when you aren't cutting and pasting the opinion pieces of others to beat that drum. 

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Kim is a third generation communist dictator who allows his own people to starve and murders his opponents and even other family members. 

You and others who pursue the whole "Trump is a dictator/Hitler" and "We're on the road to a totalitarian dictatorship" probably believe that or else you wouldn't continually do it.  Unfortunately, that prevents you from seeing the folly of such comparisons and how it further damages your credibility even when you aren't cutting and pasting the opinion pieces of others to beat that drum. 

You are kidding yourself if you don't see Trump's authoritarian characteristics because he isn't murdering people. I cut and paste opinions across the political spectrum that support the point.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

You are kidding yourself if you don't see Trump's authoritarian characteristics because he isn't murdering people. I cut and paste opinions across the political spectrum that support the point.

I mentioned your penchant for cutting and pasting opinions that support your continual attempts to paint Trump as a dictator like Hitler and Kim. 

It's ridiculous to do so, but don't let that stop you if that's your thing.

35 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I mentioned your penchant for cutting and pasting opinions that support your continual attempts to paint Trump as a dictator like Hitler and Kim. 

It's ridiculous to do so, but don't let that stop you if that's your thing.

So how do you see him -as the embodiment of our democratic principles and values?

Ooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :lol:

13 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

It's pointless to try and have an intelligent conversation with you.

I gave up on that a long time ago. 

Obama would have been jumping over people to fawn over the reps of that disgusting dictator.

57 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Obama would have been jumping over people to fawn over the reps of that disgusting dictator.

Every once in a while I take you off ignore long enough to see if you have come out of your newly found ideological stupor. Sadly you haven't.

Here's an article you should read about the previous administration's North Korean policy. Your hero is following the same policy even though he attacked it. The only difference is Obama never got around to giving Kim Jong-un a clever nickname. 

http://time.com/5000762/north-korea-donald-trump-nuclear-strategy/

3 hours ago, hst2 said:

Let's just say for argument's sake  you are right about Trump---the huge  difference is, our system does not afford him the power of a dictator. To the contrary, one could argue he is almost stymied at every move he makes, if not by congress, then the demlib state AG's and the courts-- he may eventually get his way on some things, but only after  getting approval by SCOTUS  at least for any biggies. Trump is not only operating under traditional checks and balances,  but checks and balances PLUS, with the establishment pols of both sides, media, and at least some folks in high positions in the bureaucracy all against him. So, I don't think  you need worry about him starting a genocide any time soon nor remaining in office beyond 2024-- heck if you ever play it straight and get your act together and actually allow our system to run as before at least as far as change of regime is concerned, you might even get him out in 2020 by winning the next election.  But, I don't think you can play it straight, and the  overkill is so much, its working in Trump's favor. 

Also, as far as his inherited wealth,well, this is capitalism-- he may have inherited it, but once Papa Trump handed it over to him or left it to him-- I'm not sure how it went--it was up to Donald Trump to keep the success going  or run it aground.   There is no shortage of heirs to fortunes  in our society who have completely  lost it all  through failures at business/management , bad decisions, or just plain frittering it away. 

2 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Every once in a while I take you off ignore long enough to see if you have come out of your newly found ideological stupor. Sadly you haven't.

Here's an article you should read about the previous administration's North Korean policy. Your hero is following the same policy even though he attacked it. The only difference is Obama never got around to giving Kim Jong-un a clever nickname. 

Thank you for pointing that out. I tend to get more combative as the MSM never misses a chance to criticize. Neither party has a monopoly on hypocrisy by the way.

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

There's a big difference--- Trump actually  IMPLEMENTS it, Obama just talked about it-- and even bigger, Rocketman believes Trump will back it up, while he never believed Obama would-- O's red line and all that you know.

"“The Trump Administration has largely extended and made good on the policy the Obama administration had put into place,” says former longtime diplomat Daniel Fried, who coordinated U.S. sanctions policy during Obama’s second term. “Trump’s tweets get in the way of what otherwise was a good policy.”

6 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Let's just say for argument's sake  you are right about Trump---the huge  difference is, our system does not afford him the power of a dictator. To the contrary, one could argue he is almost stymied at every move he makes, if not by congress, then the demlib state AG's and the courts-- he may eventually get his way on some things, but only after  getting approval by SCOTUS  at least for any biggies. Trump is not only operating under traditional checks and balances,  but checks and balances PLUS, with the establishment pols of both sides, media, and at least some folks in high positions in the bureaucracy all against him. So, I don't think  you need worry about him starting a genocide any time soon nor remaining in office beyond 2024-- heck if you ever play it straight and get your act together and actually allow our system to run as before at least as far as change of regime is concerned, you might even get him out in 2020 by winning the next election.  But, I don't think you can play it straight, and the  overkill is so much, its working in Trump's favor. 

Also, as far as his inherited wealth,well, this is capitalism-- he may have inherited it, but once Papa Trump handed it over to him or left it to him-- I'm not sure how it went--it was up to Donald Trump to keep the success going  or run it aground.   There is no shortage of heirs to fortunes  in our society who have completely  lost it all  through failures at business/management , bad decisions, or just plain frittering it away. 

They just take a knee.

2 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

There's a big difference--- Trump actually  IMPLEMENTS it, Obama just talked about it-- and even bigger, Rocketman believes Trump will back it up, while he never believed Obama would-- O's red line and all that you know.

"“The Trump Administration has largely extended and made good on the policy the Obama administration had put into place,” says former longtime diplomat Daniel Fried, who coordinated U.S. sanctions policy during Obama’s second term. “Trump’s tweets get in the way of what otherwise was a good policy.”

In one ear and out the other. Lol

1 minute ago, Saticon3 said:

It's a policy of steady escalation of sanctions. And of course, sending the VP to the Olympics to act like a petulant child. 

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

What the heck is wrong with you?

2 hours ago, FatBoy said:

Also true for ISIS.

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

What the heck is wrong with you?

“It is a coordinated pressure campaign that started in the last year of the Obama Administration and is continuing, and is now bearing more public fruit,” says Scott Snyder, director of the program on U.S.-Korea policy at the Council on Foreign Relations."

7 years of nothing then a pressure campaign "starting in his last year". Perhaps if he would've applied the so called pressure for 7 years instead of "strategic patience " and "red lines" in Syria and kissing Irans butt the world would be a little safer. Believing Iran is honoring any agreement is a joke. Now NK on the brink. Those kind of thug regimes respond to one thing, and it ain't kindness. Strategic patience my butt. If they don't believe the option of a pre-emptive tactical nuclear strike is even on the table, their options are endless. If Obama felt Russia was such a threat, why did he give Iran and Syria such a wide birth?

The strategy of blaming Barack for everything is not a good look for Donny. 

10 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

The strategy of blaming Barack for everything is not a good look for Donny. 

or his followers

23 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

7 years of nothing then a pressure campaign "starting in his last year". 

You're mis-informed.

Beyond that, it seems like you're trying to pick up the slack for banned poster McTroll. 

5 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

You're mis-informed.

Beyond that, it seems like you're trying to pick up the slack for banned poster McTroll. 

Another of Commander Bone Spurs' boys. :D

13 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

You're mis-informed.

Do you expect me to say Obama really put NK and Iran in their place? I'm misinformed? Where did the term strategic patience come from? Do you think NK and SK joining together in the Olympics for the first time is from Obamas policy?:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Another of Commander Bone Spurs' boys. :D

And if you don't watch any news and ignore opposing opinions, what do you do , just hurl insults ?  Why is the left so terrified of differing points of view?

VP Pence only stood once, when the US team entered. The real question is, had the ROK marched in under their national flag (Taeguki), would he have stood to honor the host nation? If so, would that have shown disrespect for Norway, Australia, Tonga and etc etc? 

Added: Hell, how could anyone have remained seated when the Tongan flag bearer marched in bare chested and wearing a native skirt (don't know its correct name) in below freezing weather?😀

Edited by Struds