Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

A Texas teacher just died because of flu

152 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

It means that that the thread title and content of the story is a lie. 

Find a true story about a person unable to afford Tamiflu resulting in the person's death.

I wasn't commenting on the thread title, which is a lie. But on the Snopes category of "mostly false". Read their article.

A lot of people on the right - which might not include you - are desperate to make excuses for the rampant greed corporations in the modern era display. Because the GOP has told them that if a corporation wants to do it, it is legal, moral, good for the country and good for them. And they believie that even in the fact of evidence to the contrary.

Edited by Evil Yoda

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

I wasn't commenting on the thread title, which is a lie. But on the Snopes category of "mostly false". Read their article.

A lot of people on the right - which might not include you - are desperate to make excuses for the rampant greed corporations in the modern era display. Because the GOP has told them that if a corporation wants to do it, it is legal, moral, good for the country and good for them. And they believie that even in the fact of evidence to the contrary.

I read the Snopes piece. Some of the rush to get the story out jerks didn't even get the woman's age right. 

Truths: She is a female. She was married. She was a teacher. She chose not to fill the prescription. She died. The teachers chose the insurance with this level of coverage. Tamiflu and the generic is expensive.

False: The main story - she didn't die because she could afford the medication.

True: Your constant references to the GOP makes me believe that you think the other side is somehow better. They are not. Truth. You and I have been down this road before.

Just now, Sprightly said:

True: Your constant references to the GOP makes me believe that you think the other side is somehow better. They are not. Truth. You and I have been down this road before.

Right now, the other side IS better. That may not always be the case. When the GOP sheds McConnell and Trump; when it stops being the party whose only real constituency is wealthy businessmen it may get better; when it stops blatantly appealing to racists and when it stops being willing to seat child molesters just to save its power base, it may be better. I won't hold my breath. It's gone downhill for at least a decade.

Just now, Evil Yoda said:

Right now, the other side IS better. That may not always be the case. When the GOP sheds McConnell and Trump; when it stops being the party whose only real constituency is wealthy businessmen it may get better; when it stops blatantly appealing to racists and when it stops being willing to seat child molesters just to save its power base, it may be better. I won't hold my breath. It's gone downhill for at least a decade.

But, but, but .....

If the government was in charge of everything it would all be hunky dory .....

4 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

No, it's really not.

33 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

What a bunch of rubbish......

Boy, Eastside and Sprightly are really putting a lot of thought into their comments. :D

9 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

Boy, Eastside and Sprightly are really putting a lot of thought into their comments. :D

Boy, Evil Yoda is really good at ignoring truths and choosing instead to go with opinions.  :) 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Sprightly said:

Ms. Holland went to the pharmacy. She learned the antiviral medication would cost her $116 under the prescription-drug coverage she had as a teacher, and she refused it. They had the money, Mr. Holland said: “It’s principle with her. She’s a very frugal person in general, always has been.”

After bringing their children home from church that night, Mr. Holland discovered his wife was taking Nyquil, he said. She told him she thought the price of the antiviral was ridiculous. He went to the pharmacy Thursday morning and got it filled himself. “I made her start taking it,” he said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-mothers-six-day-struggle-with-americas-deadly-flu-1518196692

Heather's unfortunate death is not Obama's fault. It's not Trump's fault. She made an unfortunate decision.

The thread title is a lie.  It should be changed to reflect the truth instead of allowing it to stand since it is deliberately misleading.

She was being "frugal" according to her husband.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

The thread title is a lie.  It should be changed to reflect the truth instead of allowing it to stand since it is deliberately misleading.

She was being "frugal" according to her husband.

The OP will never change the thread title because doing so would destroy his fake news narrative. 

1 hour ago, Papi said:

The OP will never change the thread title because doing so would destroy his fake news narrative. 

Maybe the moderators will do their job and correct it since it is untrue. 

Fact is if it wasn't for Obama care she wouldn't have a $116 co-pay for Tamiflu.

And she got by cheap.  My wife paid $136 co-bay for the generic dose. 

1 hour ago, Papi said:

The OP used the thread title of the supplied link.

14 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Maybe the moderators will do their job and correct it since it is untrue. 

The moderator has no requirement to alter the thread title as it is the title used by the supplied link.

11 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Fact is if it wasn't for Obama care she wouldn't have a $116 co-pay for Tamiflu.

And she got by cheap.  My wife paid $136 co-bay for the generic dose. 

Your wife being even more ripped off by your pharma is not something that I'd brag about.

32 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Your wife being even more ripped off by your pharma is not something that I'd brag about.

The co-pay is not determined by pharma.  

37 minutes ago, jdsample said:

The co-pay is not determined by pharma.  

No, it's not.  Now onto the discussion about what insurance will and will not pay. I'm sure it will just be a repeat that other countries do it much better than the U.S.

36 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

No, it's not.  Now onto the discussion about what insurance will and will not pay. I'm sure it will just be a repeat that other countries do it much better than the U.S.

I've already stated earlier what the 'co-pay' is in this country, I have no idea what, if any, it is in others. Decide for yourself which is/are better. 

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

Stupid comment even for you.

Whats the alternative, rob a pharmacy?

I should also state that we also have private health insurance over here. When we chose a private option for my wife 12 years ago, I shelled out then, an extra £250 to use the surgeon of our choice over what the private health cover would pay. Were we to be like the lady in the OP's story, we could have had the whole thing done on the NHS for nothing, and we may still have had the same surgeon. You pays yer money and you makes yer choice.

2 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

The moderator has no requirement to alter the thread title as it is the title used by the supplied link.

So it's a link to a fake news story. Which has been thoroughly debunked. 

2 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

Good to know in case anyone else wants to start threads on false stories and use the false and misleading title they used.  :) 

1 minute ago, Papi said:

So it's a link to a fake news story. Which has been thoroughly debunked. 

That means that InfoWars is now an acceptable source of stories and headlines.  :) 

4 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Good to know in case anyone else wants to start threads on false stories and use the false and misleading title they used.  :) 

Yeah, well you'd know all about that, wouldn't you... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

That means that InfoWars is now an acceptable source of stories and headlines.  :) 

Just like we used to suffer all that American Thinker/Breitbart crap that you-know-who constantly spewed out. Deal with it. :)

Edited by WKDWZD

Just now, WKDWZD said:

Just like we used to suffer all that Breibart crap that you-know-who constantly spewed out. Deal with it. :)

Also good to know.  Fake headlines and stories are hunky dory on here even if proven to be false.  :)