Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

New bay bridge plans

77 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Many, many people commute daily across the Bay for work. 

We don't need anymore people out here. Leave well enough alone. I'm tired of seeing developments spring up all over the place out here. It's probably to late anyhow. I'm moving once this area gets to crowded.All the Western shore people do is bring their stupid malls and crime with them. 

15 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

We don't need anymore people out here. Leave well enough alone. I'm tired of seeing developments spring up all over the place out here. It's probably to late anyhow. I'm moving once this area gets to crowded.All the Western shore people do is bring their stupid malls and crime with them. 

No, your county commissioners do.

The same thing happened to Fred Co. It's basically Bethesda North without a Whole Foods.

Just now, Pickle20 said:

No, your county commissioners do.

The same thing happened to Fred Co. It's basically Bethesda North without a Whole Foods.

Yes and it sucks! the people that move gotta have all their stores everywhere. 

I can't believe how Frederick has changed last time I was driving through during summer around traffic rush. I used to love going there way back in time. Don't plan on visiting again. 

1 minute ago, WhatintheHell said:

I can't believe how Frederick has changed last time I was driving through during summer around traffic rush. I used to love going there way back in time. Don't plan on visiting again.

That’s ok. They don’t want curmudgeons visiting their county! 

10 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

"Drove through". I'm sure you got a good sense on everything that's happening here. LOL

It's still a nice place to live but your neck of the woods is next, bud.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

"Drove through". I'm sure you got a good sense on everything that's happening here. LOL

It's still a nice place to live but your neck of the woods is next, bud.

I saw enough when I drove through to know how it is. I prefer how it was in the past. I don't doubt you at all that all of shore will change. I see it everyday.

11 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

That’s ok. They don’t want curmudgeons visiting their county! 

Oh I'm so hurt. Sorry I prefer being out in the country with less people and traffic. Anything wrong with that?

Well I of course want to see the eastern shore preserved.

The problem is, people see it as desirable and the community leaders get blinded by dollar signs.

19 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The problem is, people see it as desirable and the community leaders get blinded by dollar signs.

I lived on the eastern shore for a short time about 40 years ago. It was boring and the people were...different  

We had a triple A sticker on the bumper and our neighbor thought it meant my husband was a doctor. His wife had to pull over to the side of the road when she sneezed because she couldn’t drive and sneeze at the same time. Truth. 

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I lived on the eastern shore for a short time about 40 years ago. It was boring and the people were...different  

We had a triple A sticker on the bumper and our neighbor thought it meant my husband was a doctor. His wife had to pull over to the side of the road when she sneezed because she couldn’t drive and sneeze at the same time. Truth. 

Yeah, I lived in Cambridge for two years while we were building the new Choptank Bridge and I can agree with you about them being different.  They were very cliquish too.  You are also right about it being boring.  If it wasn't for me having a boat down there I think I would have gone stir crazy.  Of course all of this was over thirty years ago and it appears things have really grown down there since then.

On 2/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Many, many people commute daily across the Bay for work. 

I live behind the Red Hot and Blue on Route 50 and the problem is not lack of bridge capacity but the nutters who cause accidents on Route 50.

When there are no accidents traffic flows smoothly.

11 minutes ago, boink said:

I live behind the Red Hot and Blue on Route 50 and the problem is not lack of bridge capacity but the nutters who cause accidents on Route 50.

I doubt anyone, regardless of whether or not they’re a nutter, intentionally causes an accident...so there’s no fix for that.

People cannot drive across bridges without slowing down to a crawl. That's the issue. Crossing the Severn River Bridge is a bigger pain than the actual Bay Bridge. I take back roads through Severna Park to avoid it.

It's like people get all excited to see boats.

Making the toll cashless would also help. With today's technology there's no reason for anyone to stop and give someone money to pay a toll.

10 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

People cannot drive across bridges without slowing down to a crawl. That's the issue. Crossing the Severn River Bridge is a bigger pain than the actual Bay Bridge. I take back roads through Severna Park to avoid it.

It's like people get all excited to see boats.

Making the toll cashless would also help. With today's technology there's no reason for anyone to stop and give someone money to pay a toll.

Half of the toll booths are cashless now.  Some people have bad credit and can't get an EZPass.  Thirdly, the backup is caused by having 3/4/5 lanes of traffic condensed down to 2 lanes crossing the bridge.

2 hours ago, Boobie said:

Half of the toll booths are cashless now.  Some people have bad credit and can't get an EZPass.  

You can get an EZPass Express, regardless of your credit. You just go to DMV, or one of the grocery  stores that sells them and pick one up.

12 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

You can get an EZPass Express, regardless of your credit. You just go to DMV, or one of the grocery  stores that sells them and pick one up.

One can get an EZPass at a grocery store?

Wow, not trying to be a wise [guy], but honestly, i didn't know that! 

Edited by Baltimatt
Language

On 2/14/2018 at 5:32 AM, boink said:

This may be one of the problems for the bridge. They have made rt 404 4 lanes just in time for the summer from rt 50 all the way to Delaware that should make things better. 

12 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

One can get an EZPass at a grocery store?

Wow, not trying to be a wise [guy], but honestly, i didn't know that! 

I got mine from the Weis in Dundalk.

Edited by Baltimatt
Language

On 2/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Why?

I was just kidding with you nothing serious.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:36 PM, Pickle20 said:

SSDD. As I have stated many times before; politicians need bright shiny things ....things to point out when the run in the next election ....to garner votes...doesn't matter if it is the city or the eastern shore.

Preseving a 'lifestyle' or paving existing roads doesn't get votes.

IMHO

I have an honest question and hopefully will get a good answer.

I have considered getting an EZ pass. However I don't travel a whole lot where tolls are needed. Now, the last time I checked if you bought XX worth of EZ pass if you didn't use it in a year it expired...that true now. Also, I go to NJ is the Pass good when I cross the DEL. line etc.

I have checked several times over the years and it seems to whip in the wind year to year.

So what is the skinny now for all you EZ pass warriors.