Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Right field is “shrouded in uncertainty.”

18 posts in this topic

According to Roch Kubatko, right field is “shrouded in uncertainty” as Orioles enter 2018.

Uhm, hasn’t it been “shrouded in uncertainty” since 2014 when Peter Angelos and Big Dan allowed Markakis to leave?

Another glaring example that Big Dan simply lacks the foresight and vision to guide this organization. Four years and there is still no solution for right field!

Edited by pitbull

I like that DD made an effort to extend Miley, earlier this off season. I just wish he would let us know what he sees in that guy. Because it certainly isn't statistical results, or ability to eat innings.  

6 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I like that DD made an effort to extend Miley, earlier this off season. I just wish he would let us know what he sees in that guy. Because it certainly isn't statistical results, or ability to eat innings.  

Good at words with friends

What's Roch trying to do? Turn the spotlight off the fact that the rotation and bullpen are both uncertain, that no one knows whether Davis will improve over last year, that no one knows what the double swap will do for 2B and 3B play, and that the team will be short a manager and GM at the end of the season? :D

Of course, the correct play now is to deal Machado and Schoop to the highest bidders, while simultaneously spending on scouting and player development personnel and facilities. Cuz their plan needs to be to tank for the next few years to amass quality draft picks.

See the Cubs and Astros for how that works..

56 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

Hays can start in RF. Case closed. Mancini in LF has worked out. 

I like Hays in right. Still searching for a lefty bat, though.

3 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

Of course, the correct play now is to deal Machado and Schoop to the highest bidders, while simultaneously spending on scouting and player development personnel and facilities. Cuz their plan needs to be to tank for the next few years to amass quality draft picks.

See the Cubs and Astros for how that works..

Zero chance that will happen. Good scouts are out there if teams want them. Likewise good instructors. The Orioles don't seem to want either.

43 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Zero chance that will happen. Good scouts are out there if teams want them. Likewise good instructors. The Orioles don't seem to want either.

It’s really disheartening. I married into a family that bleeds orange and black and I don’t like seeing good baseball fans disinterested in the sport.

Just saw the list of sad sack, washed up cast of characters DD and Buck are considering for a non roster spring training invite to fill the Left handed RF/DH hole -  Pedro Alvarez, Mike Bourn,  Mike Saunders and Colby Rasmaus.  Puke.  You can't win with these duds for cripes sake.  None of them logged much major league time last year.  Why?  Because they suck.  And one year older isn't going to make it better.  Why even bother.  You have a couple very serviceable LH OFs in Jay and Dyson out there.  We have turned into the Marlins.  Zero interest in winning.   Thank goodness Buck might get his spring Pedro fix, :lol:  I'm disgusted with this team right now.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:27 AM, pitbull said:

According to Roch Kubatko, right field is “shrouded in uncertainty” as Orioles enter 2018.

Uhm, hasn’t it been “shrouded in uncertainty” since 2014 when Peter Angelos and Big Dan allowed Markakis to leave?

Another glaring example that Big Dan simply lacks the foresight and vision to guide this organization. Four years and there is still no solution for right field!

The whole team is shrouded in "uncertainty."   It will be interesting to see how the rotation plays out before April but there's an extremely fine line with this team between at least being competitive to being outright horrible. 

Just plug in Hays and be done with it.

The team will suck regardless, might as well get youngsters some AB's.

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Nope, DD/Buck would rather go with washed up vet retreads.  Buck needs to be able trust his guys, :lol:.  They think they can hoodwink the fans because these duds have name recognition.  Just like looking at Timmy Lincecum.  That will show the fans we are looking at top talent. 

38 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Presumably, Buck and DD are gone after this season. Neither has anything to gain by looking toward the future. They're in Hail Mary mode for 2018. 

28 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Presumably, Buck and DD are gone after this season. Neither has anything to gain by looking toward the future. They're in Hail Mary mode for 2018. 

Doesn't appear that way. Looks like they're in Fail Mary mode.

13 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Doesn't appear that way. Looks like they're in Fail Mary mode.

Good one :D

11 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Santander has to spend another 44 days on the 25-man roster, so I'm guessing Hays will start the season in the minors.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:37 PM, Evil Yoda said:

That’s because Angelos thinks the world of people like Terry Crowley, who somehow is still lurking in this organization.