Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Ceding Leadership: Trump Wants to Bail Out of International Space Station

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jdsample said:

So you now want to bust the budget on a new space program.  

Where did I say that?

Oh right, I didn't say that and never have. 

Speaking of busting the budget, I have been telling you since the campaign that Trump's fiscal policies were going to blow up and the budget and you kept claiming that the fairy dust was going to be sprinkled and we'd somehow see increased revenue. Well, guess what?

CBO said that the tax law is expected to lower tax receipts by $10 billion to $15 billion per month. Even though the tax cut law went into effect January 1, the large drop in tax receipts didn’t kick in yet because companies won’t start using new withholding tables until sometime in February.

“Withheld receipts are expected to be less than the amounts paid in the comparable period last year,” CBO said. “In addition, the government ran a deficit of $23 billion in December, and it normally runs a deficit in the second quarter of the fiscal year.”

In total, the tax law will lead to a drop in revenue of $136 billion in revenue in 2018, the Joint Committee on Taxation has estimated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/01/31/federal-debt-limit-deadline-moved-up-to-mid-march-adding-urgency-to-another-congressional-task/?utm_term=.c2d1ddf4b250

So, try to stay with the argument at hand and stop putting words in my mouth based on your random assumptions.

18 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Where did I say that?

Oh right, I didn't say that and never have. 

Speaking of busting the budget, I have been telling you since the campaign that Trump's fiscal policies were going to blow up and the budget and you kept claiming that the fairy dust was going to be sprinkled and we'd somehow see increased revenue. Well, guess what?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/01/31/federal-debt-limit-deadline-moved-up-to-mid-march-adding-urgency-to-another-congressional-task/?utm_term=.c2d1ddf4b250

So, try to stay with the argument at hand and stop putting words in my mouth based on your random assumptions.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-taxes-first-month-under-tax-cut-run-surplus

Who you gonna believe?  The CBO or your lyin' eyes?

32 minutes ago, jdsample said:

It's not unusual for the government to run a tax surplus in January. Even the Trump administration's budget acknowledges massive deficits.

Edited by JoyinMudville

34 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

It's not unusual for the government to run a tax surplus in January. Even the Trump administration's budget acknowledges massive deficits.

I don't expect surpluses to continue, but record revenue?  That was supposed to decrease.  

39 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I don't expect surpluses to continue, but record revenue?  That was supposed to decrease.  

Why would it?

The economy is bigger than it was a year ago and the tax cuts haven't fully kicked in yet. Why wouldn't there be more revenue, especially in a month where we have routinely seen surpluses?

SpaceX will start flying the Manned Dragon capsule sometime this year. Depends on how long, how many flights it will take for the NASA heads to OK it for manned flights. The Cargo Dragon has already flown to the iSS and returned to earth successfully a dozen times.

SpaceX will start flying the Manned Dragon capsule sometime this year. Depends on how long, how many flights it will take for the NASA heads to OK it for manned flights. The Cargo Dragon has already flown to the iSS and returned to earth successfully a dozen times.