Followers 0
Smokey 1

Students want to restrict free speech on campus

55 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

yes, conservatives should  follow  the lead of groups such as antifa

They are.

16 hours ago, volperdinger said:

Photograph each attendee who had the utter audacity to attend a speech whose ideas differ from your own? You’re kidding, right? You would have made an exemplary Bolshevik!

Did you not see the emoticon? It looks like this: :)

But the FBI has in fact done exactly this at various times, so how bad could it be? ;) <= also an emoticon

5 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Based on some of his other statements I believe he is dead serious.  He objects to the First Amendment.

Um, what? I object memorials to the Confederacy, a treasonous slave state, on public land. I've never objected to having them on private land, except in the case where they violate a zoning rule. I have said that a neighbor should be free to erect a display mocking them, should he care to; that is his freedom of speech at play.

I also have no problem with people boycotting the businesses of those who erect such memorials. Speech is free, but not necessary without consequence.

Edited by Evil Yoda

Just now, Evil Yoda said:

Um, what? I object memorials to the Confederacy, a treasonous slave state, on public land. I've never objected to having them on private land, except in the case where they violate a zoning rule. I have said that a neighbor should be free to erect a display mocking them, should he care to; that is his freedom of speech at play.

And a zoning rule that would prevent a property owner from displaying a symbol would be a violation of the 1st amendment.  That wasn't the only anti-freedom idea you had either.  

3 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

And a zoning rule that would prevent a property owner from displaying a symbol would be a violation of the 1st amendment.  That wasn't the only anti-freedom idea you had either.  

Not necessarily. It would depend on why it was created. Zoning rules have all kinds of origins.

"Disagreeing with folks who value a slave state" is not "anti-freedom". Rather the opposite. :)

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

Not necessarily. It would depend on why it was created. Zoning rules have all kinds of origins.

"Disagreeing with folks who value a slave state" is not "anti-freedom". Rather the opposite. :)

If the zoning law was made to curtail "speech" which would include symbols it certainly would be in violation of the amendment.

You think the government owning you is freedom?  :o  You don't know much about freedom.

You can disagree without violating peoples rights and you shouldn't assume that if someone has a Confederate symbol that they "value a slave state". 

I don't think the right should complain about students not wanting their tuition wasted on right wing garbage when the right is so intent on censoring this board.

1 hour ago, Smokey 1 said:

If the zoning law was made to curtail "speech" which would include symbols it certainly would be in violation of the amendment.

You think the government owning you is freedom?  :o  You don't know much about freedom.

You can disagree without violating peoples rights and you shouldn't assume that if someone has a Confederate symbol that they "value a slave state". 

Sure, if the zoning law was made for that specific purpose. What if the zoning law said, "Maximum height within twenty five feet of power lines is ten feet"? And your theoretical statue was fifteen feet tall?

The government doesn't own me. I don't know where you and the Duke get these ideas. Stop reading "Confederate" web sites before they turn your brain to onion dip.

The Confederacy was created to be a slave state. Its symbols mean oppression of blacks. Those who celebrate those symbols, well, it's hard not to see how they don't value the thing the symbols refer to. But I guess there's some kind of twisted logic for that. It seems to be what the right uses a lot these days.

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

Sure, if the zoning law was made for that specific purpose. What if the zoning law said, "Maximum height within twenty five feet of power lines is ten feet"? And your theoretical statue was fifteen feet tall?

The government doesn't own me. I don't know where you and the Duke get these ideas. Stop reading "Confederate" web sites before they turn your brain to onion dip.

The Confederacy was created to be a slave state. Its symbols mean oppression of blacks. Those who celebrate those symbols, well, it's hard not to see how they don't value the thing the symbols refer to. But I guess there's some kind of twisted logic for that. It seems to be what the right uses a lot these days.

I didn't get the idea the government believes it owns us from any web site, I could easily figure that out myself.  

You just can't seem to get it that people can see those symbols as representing something other than what they represent to you.  

3 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

I didn't get the idea the government believes it owns us from any web site, I could easily figure that out myself.  

You just can't seem to get it that people can see those symbols as representing something other than what they represent to you.  

Those symbols represent the Confederacy. Can we agree on that?

Where we disagree is that you want to rehabilitate the Confederacy into something noble and just, and I refuse that interpretation. Indeed, most people refuse it, and of those who accept it, the bulk are racists.

Edited by Evil Yoda

40 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Those symbols represent the Confederacy. Can we agree on that?

Where we disagree is that you want to rehabilitate the Confederacy into something noble and just, and I refuse that interpretation. Indeed, most people refuse it, and of those who accept it, the bulk are racists.

That is where you are wrong, I am not trying to rehabilitate the Confederacy.  Where did I do that?  

How do you know the bulk are racists? 

6 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

That is where you are wrong, I am not trying to rehabilitate the Confederacy.  Where did I do that?  

Perpetuating the Lost cause myth is kind of your life's work here.

3 hours ago, hst2 said:

You keep saying that but when I specifically ask you what part of this "lost cause myth" you claim I am perpetuating you go away and refuse to answer. I really would like to know what you believe I post that is not true but you won't give me an answer.  As a CW buff and reenactor I make great efforts to get everything right.  So help me out teach, where am I wrong?  I have asked you to tell me numerous times and for some reason you never answer.  I wonder why?  :rolleyes:

So I ask again, what have I posted do you believe is not true and is a part of the so called "lost cause myth"?  I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Edited by Smokey 1

6 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

You keep saying that but when I specifically ask you what part of this "lost cause myth" you claim I am perpetuating you go away and refuse to answer. I really would like to know what you believe I post that is not true but you won't give me an answer.  As a CW buff and reenactor I make great efforts to get everything right.  So help me out teach, where am I wrong?  I have asked you to tell me numerous times and for some reason you never answer.  I wonder why?  :rolleyes:

So I ask again, what have I posted do you believe is not true and is a part of the so called "lost cause myth"?  I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Thought so.  No response from the "teacher" as expected.  It is unamerican and immoral to make false accusations that you can't back up hst2.

15 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

You keep trying to convince us there was something noble and just about it. What is that but rehabilitation?

What else could they be, arguing that a state founded for the right to enslave men has merit?

7 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Its been backed up many times. And you play this card every time.

Like I said before, on every matter regarding the war and other matters, you come down on the side of white supremacists, and you have no regard whatsoever for Blacks involved.

You claim to be misunderstood. So does the Klan.

Only you are responsible for your denying what is in front of everyone's faces.

16 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Anyone who supports the failed attempt to secede from America is not only  racist but also traitors. Just like the Nazi filth they partner with.

Edited by EgyptKang

16 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

You keep trying to convince us there was something noble and just about it. What is that but rehabilitation?

What else could they be, arguing that a state founded for the right to enslave men has merit?

Bullcrap, I never tried to convince anyone of that.  The most I have said is they had the right to independence and they did.

You are just as bad as hst2 with the false accusations.  

20 hours ago, hst2 said:

Its been backed up many times. And you play this card every time.

Like I said before, on every matter regarding the war and other matters, you come down on the side of white supremacists, and you have no regard whatsoever for Blacks involved.

You claim to be misunderstood. So does the Klan.

Only you are responsible for your denying what is in front of everyone's faces.

That is another lie, you have never backed up anything.  And you keep telling the same lie everytime I ask you to provide an example, you claim you already have which is just another bald face lie.  All you have is false accusations with no evidence.  If true and you have backed your accusations  in the past it should be easy for you to list the things I have posted that are not historically true and are considered part of the "lost cause myth" but you haven't done so.  The reason you haven't is because you can't, since I never made any statements that weren't true or backed up with evidence from history.  Refusing to provide the evidence you claim to have proves you are lying.  

Making false accusations is despicable but you do it all the time.

Edited by Smokey 1

15 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Bullcrap, I never tried to convince anyone of that.  The most I have said is they had the right to independence and they did.

You are just as bad as hst2 with the false accusations.  

You make claims and then say you didn't all the time. Trying to rehabilitate the Confederacy while claiming you're not.

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

You make claims and then say you didn't all the time. Trying to rehabilitate the Confederacy while claiming you're not.

Give an example of one of those claims or admit you are lying.

Edited by Smokey 1

What is it about being on the left that creates such liars?   The truth means nothing to these people.  

Edited by Smokey 1

10 hours ago, hst2 said:

Being fat, dumb and perpetually aggrieved with white guilt is no way to go through life, son. 

To paraphrase : 

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Give an example of one of those claims or admit you are lying.

The post to which I responded is one example.