Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kandace

Kansas Professor Arrested By ICE In Front of Family

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

This professor has an advanced degree and has a career. Shouldn’t that “merit” him staying in the US?

Yes, again, if he was so well educated.  Why did he not take the time to get his paperwork done?  I guess he was planning on the former presidents eo on ignoring the law to last forever.

13 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

you're missing part of the quote

I didn't miss it.  I didn't include it as there was no explanation of what "under supervision" meant.  I would assume, that if he had followed through with what was expected.  He would not have been arrested.

8 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Yes, again, if he was so well educated.  Why did he not take the time to get his paperwork done?  I guess he was planning on the former presidents eo on ignoring the law to last forever.

Exactly...why not?

This is powerful piece goes to a rural county that voted for Trump and interviews his supporters about the roundup. It could be better if they found at least one person willing to speak on camera in favor of the deportations but it is still very enlightening

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-42667659/the-missing-consequences-of-trump-s-immigration-crackdown?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

I didn't sign up for this and... shame on me for being short sighted but it's just not just to me.

- local sheriff

Edited by JoyinMudville

6 hours ago, overtaxed said:

I didn't miss it.  I didn't include it as there was no explanation of what "under supervision" meant.  I would assume, that if he had followed through with what was expected.  He would not have been arrested.

You can't imagine our limited resources going to more pressing needs?

11 hours ago, stevez51 said:

For sure ......

You keep up with them conspiracies ......

Hey did you find President OBAMA'S Birth Certificate yet?

Did you ever find out if President Obama is a Mooslem?

Apparently ICE is having trouble prioritizing people with criminal records.

6 minutes ago, bmorepunk said:

Well, like most bullies they prefer easier victims.

12 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

What do you mean caught up to him? He's been in touch with INS the whole time he's been here. Dude what the hell happened to you?

He was always that way. He just feels more aligned with the goings-on these days, is all.

3 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

I hope I'm wrong but, I think they purposely target high profile cases like this one. 

19 hours ago, hst2 said:

In this, and many other cases like it, Obama did not have ICE deport, and for obviously good reasons, and Trump chose to deport, for no good reason.

I've posted many times that we should be prioritizing our deportations; jailed criminals, gang members, repeat offenders and only when all these are done, many years from now, do we go after illegal immigrants like this individual.

But even my view begs the question; how is this equal justice under the law?

24 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I've posted many times that we should be prioritizing our deportations; jailed criminals, gang members, repeat offenders and only when all these are done, many years from now, do we go after illegal immigrants like this individual.

But even my view begs the question; how is this equal justice under the law?

Because it prioritizes scarce resources that can't deal with them all. It also accounts for a national legislature that can barely put one foot in front of the other when it comes to dealing with laws.

14 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

This is powerful piece goes to a rural county that voted for Trump and interviews his supporters about the roundup. It could be better if they found at least one person willing to speak on camera in favor of the deportations but it is still very enlightening

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-42667659/the-missing-consequences-of-trump-s-immigration-crackdown?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

It's a lot easier to hate illegals and cheer for deportations on the Internet.

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Because it prioritizes scarce resources that can't deal with them all. It also accounts for a national legislature that can barely put one foot in front of the other when it comes to dealing with laws.

Then by definition, it is not equal justice under the law.  Don’t get me wrong; I agree with you, but we are supporting a position that justifies unequal justice.  The problem with unequal justice, as you have pointed out ina number of posts, is that eventually, we become the direct target, as opposed to the current state of being simply collateral damage.  

And we agree on the operation of the legislature; they are incompetent, arrogant cowards, likely guilty of malfeasance, though I suspect I would apply that opinion to a far-wider reaching pool than you - but the incompetence of the legislature has nothing to do with the enforcement of current law.  

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

11 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Hey did you find President OBAMA'S Birth Certificate yet?

Did you ever find out if President Obama is a Mooslem?

I didn't know I was supposed to be looking .....

12 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

He was always that way. He just feels more aligned with the goings-on these days, is all.

I don’t know about always. We didn’t always agree before, but I could usually have a decent debate with him. It’s like retirement made him bat shoot crazy. 

4 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Then by definition, it is not equal justice under the law.  Don’t get me wrong; I agree with you, but we are supporting a position that justifies unequal justice.  The problem with unequal justice, as you have pointed out ina number of posts, is that eventually, we become the direct target, as opposed to the current state of being simply collateral damage.  

And we agree on the operation of the legislature; they are incompetent, arrogant cowards, likely guilty of malfeasance, though I suspect I would apply that opinion to a far-wider reaching pool than you - but the incompetence of the legislature has nothing to do with the enforcement of current law.  

The executive branch has the option of granted undocumented immigrants deferred action "This does not give them legal status, but can indefinitely delay their deportation. Deferred action is an exercise of the executive branch's enforcement discretion and was first publicly defined in a 1975 administrative guidance document published by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.[1]"

17 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The executive branch has the option of granted undocumented immigrants deferred action "This does not give them legal status, but can indefinitely delay their deportation. Deferred action is an exercise of the executive branch's enforcement discretion and was first publicly defined in a 1975 administrative guidance document published by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.[1]"

That doesn’t disprove what MOTR said.

21 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Not arguing with the concept of deferred action - all it does however, is lend a veneer to the unequal justice.

1 hour ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Not arguing with the concept of deferred action - all it does however, is lend a veneer to the unequal justice.

I think it correctly recognizes that not all cases are equal.

20 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I think it correctly recognizes that not all cases are equal.

Actually they are. You’re either illegal or you aren’t. 

43 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Actually they are. You’re either illegal or you aren’t. 

The deferred action provision says otherwise.

Edited by hst2

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

No it doesn’t. That’s just selected enforcement. The same as if a cop catches me five miles over the speed limit and doesn’t pull me over but does pull over the guy going fifteen over. We both committed the same infraction.

Edited by bmore_ken

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No it doesn’t. That’s just selected enforcement. The same as if a cop catches me five miles over the speed limit and doesn’t pull me over but does pull over the guy going fifteen over. We both committed the same infraction.

Is that an option written down for police? I don't think so. Thus, you are incorrect.

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The deferred action program is a process by which illegal immigrants are selected for deportation based on a set of arbitrary factors.  That approach is the basis for every form of discrimination.