Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manny

DirecTV to raise NFL Sunday Ticket prices

7 posts in this topic

Timing is everything. Coming off a season with lower ratings usually isn’t a good time to raise prices. Besides, a lot of people have learned about KODI. 

DirecTV will increase the price of their NFL Sunday Ticket package by about 4 percent for the 2018 season, it was announced Tuesday.

The news comes after DirecTV increased the price of NFL Sunday Ticket basic package last year by 9.3 percent and the larger package by 5 percent.

The basic package for 2018 will be priced at $293.94, increasing from $281.94 last year, according to the DirecTV website. The larger package that includes the Red Zone Channel costs $395.94, up 4.5 percent from 2017

https://www.ajc.com/sports/directv-raise-nfl-sunday-ticket-prices-for-2018-season/c2llNMDH3jyX78o7JGTy0J/

Posted (edited)

Sucks,but is the only way I can get all Ravens games down here-- I only keep it on during the NFL season. 

Direct Ticket isn't as good as it used to be, all  the games used to all be available on consecutive channels in the700's which made it easy for hopping, but now they black out any that are being televised on local over the air channels  and for some reason for me that includes over the air games in Tampa, who's signal I can't even get, as I'm on the E coast.  Then, there are the storm caused signal outages which are worse here than when I was in MD--but, they got me.  I think they don't carry night games either not that it matters much but I'd prefer it carry all games, playoffs included. 

Edited by Saticon3

Jacksonville has a couple local stations that didn’t renew their contracts with DirecTV. I’m sure that’s got something to do with Jax not seeing the Bucs via DirecTV.

5 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

Sucks,but is the only way I can get all Ravens games down here-- I only keep it on during the NFL season. 

Direct Ticket isn't as good as it used to be, all  the games used to all be available on consecutive channels in the700's which made it easy for hopping, but now they black out any that are being televised on local over the air channels  and for some reason for me that includes over the air games in Tampa, who's signal I can't even get, as I'm on the E coast.  Then, there are the storm caused signal outages which are worse here than when I was in MD--but, they got me.  I think they don't carry night games either not that it matters much but I'd prefer it carry all games, playoffs included. 

I remember when I had DirecTv before the NCAA tournament televised every game over cable.  I used to get the tournament package so I could watch all of the games.  They used to black out whatever game was on CBS in that region.  Problem was, that CBS would cut away from a game out of hand and go to another game.  So many times during the first couple of days I was left with no way to see the ending of whatever game was the local CBS feed.  A lot of people probably wouldn't care to watch the ending of a Duke - Murray State game that Duke was up 82-60 with 4 minutes left, but if you had an "investment" on Murray State + 24 you kind of did want to watch the end.  That used to really tick me off about the DirecTv package.  Seems like if I was paying them I should have had access to every game.  

On 3/24/2018 at 0:01 AM, cprenegade said:

.  Seems like if I was paying them I should have had access to every game.  

Yes! Totally agree!

There isn’t any professional sports event that can’t be streamed live for free. 

On 4/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Manny said:

There isn’t any professional sports event that can’t be streamed live for free. 

Tried that but don't know the secrets I guess- always get freezing, skipping, loss of signal, channels shut down etc  hasn't ever worked for me-- wanted to watch some college games on my laptop when the household TV's were all taken by Spongebob and Disney and such, never worked for me.