pitbull

How Long Until Big Dan (Duquette) is Fired?

79 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I would sincerely hope that Dan isn't a part of any firesale that could take place this season. He's a lame duck GM who shouldn't have an input into the future.

I have no confidence in the in-place, apparent heir(s) to his position, either.

3 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I have no confidence in the in-place, apparent heir(s) to his position, either.

I think someone would be hired to work with Brady.

But this is what we have to deal with and I'd rather have someone who will be here next year making decisions, not someone who will be gone Oct 1.

The broad scope of the "next GM" discussion, is ever bleak. The reason is, Pete doesn't pick good baseball minds, he picks people he likes having around. This is his hiring approach for every facet of the organization: the Dir of scouting, field manager, GM, etc. etc. He likes Brady, so Brady probably gets the job. He likes Buck, so Buck probably gets to decide if he wants to stay. 

I'm generally going to have a wait and see approach to Brady as the GM. If he was involved in influencing the Cobb signing, then he has at least one plus decision in his favor. I have hope, because hope costs nothing.  

3 hours ago, weird-O said:

The broad scope of the "next GM" discussion, is ever bleak. The reason is, Pete doesn't pick good baseball minds, he picks people he likes having around. This is his hiring approach for every facet of the organization: the Dir of scouting, field manager, GM, etc. etc. He likes Brady, so Brady probably gets the job. He likes Buck, so Buck probably gets to decide if he wants to stay. 

I'm generally going to have a wait and see approach to Brady as the GM. If he was involved in influencing the Cobb signing, then he has at least one plus decision in his favor. I have hope, because hope costs nothing.  

Yeah and he supposedly was the driver on the Cashner signing.  That looks pretty good so far at the bargain rate of 8mil/yr.  Too bad he has the Tilly anchor to account for though.

I doubt Angelos will be as involved, if at all, in the next search for a GM.

So there is at least some kind of hope in that.

16 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I know from reports, at the time, that he didn't have an active role in the last GM search. He left it to one of his sons (I forget which one led that search). But Pete retained final decision making authority. If he's even less involved this time, that could be very good for the future. A smaller Pete footprint could also bring in some more qualified applicants (if they interview). Pete drove off several interviewees, last time around. They simply didn't want to work in an environment where they have no authority, and have to get approval on every deal.   

11 hours ago, weird-O said:

Angelos also liked Syd Thrift and we know how that turned out.

It sure would be nice if our next GM actually had a plan, year in year out, instead of the Duquette model of throwing crap up against a wall & hoping that it sticks.

Why is Manny still flashing the #1 sign after a home run?

It so obviously untrue.

Is Bordick ever gonna stop putting lipstick on this pig? 

9 hours ago, catatonia said:

:lol:

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, catatonia said:

I’ve noticed the commentators mentioning the word “playoffs” over the last few games. Other than Rick Dempsey, they are delusional. But, that’s what Peter Angelos wants. After all, Jon Miller - one of the greatest announcers of all time - didn’t bleed “Black & Orange.”

Edited by pitbull

Well, it is now past the Memorial Day marker for Duquette’s “analysis” to be over. Surprisingly enough, this buffoon hasn’t been fired...

He somehow managed to screw up Baltimore’s first division title in 17 years by dismantling the team & trading away young assets. Meanwhile, he continues to do NOTHING to upgrade an anemic one-dimensional, putrid offense. When is enough, enough?

From all reports the Angelos clan and Brady Anderson are calling the shots.  

On 2/26/2018 at 9:53 PM, pitbull said:

Right, but you know how the “fake news” media operates, even if Big Dan isn’t retained when his contract expires, they will report he was “fired.” 

So it’s really the same thing.

Roch writes what he is told to. Schmuck and the Sun fear the Orioles will pull advertising like they did from the Baltimore Examiner. In other words, the bloggers are more credible than those guys. 

On 4/24/2018 at 0:48 PM, weird-O said:

Very well said!

On 4/27/2018 at 10:48 AM, pitbull said:

I’ve noticed the commentators mentioning the word “playoffs” over the last few games. Other than Rick Dempsey, they are delusional. But, that’s what Peter Angelos wants. After all, Jon Miller - one of the greatest announcers of all time - didn’t bleed “Black & Orange.”

The Orioles fired Jon Miller and hired Jim Hunter to replace him.  Angelos is a disgrace to this town and the game of baseball. 

So, this thread got new life? I guess we'll see another revival around the Fourth of July?:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

So, this thread got new life? I guess we'll see another revival around the Fourth of July?:rolleyes:

????? 

So you think Big Dan deserves a job after this debacle? You’re in the minority of fans. In fact, you might be the only one!

On 4/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Pickle20 said:

The problem is that Angelos has always been so disgusting looking that it’s impossible to tell if he’s sick/ill.  

I say that in the strictest sense of where this franchise attempting to lure in a potential GM, and that prospect wondering how long Angelos will be involved/alive.

Big Dan’s greatest hits, volume one:

(1) Ubaldo Jimenez

(2) Travis Snider

(3) Wade Miley

(4) Mike Morse

(5) Wilson Betemit 

(6) Scott Feldman

(7) Francisco K-Rod Rodriguez

(8) Endy Chavez

(9) Omar Quintanilla

(10) Nick Johnson

11 hours ago, pitbull said:

????? 

So you think Big Dan deserves a job after this debacle? You’re in the minority of fans. In fact, you might be the only one!

And yet he speaks so highly of you. 

As for this so-called minority, I could care less. You, on the other hand, have taken this "Big Dan" obsession to a wholly different level.

15 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

And yet he speaks so highly of you. 

As for this so-called minority, I could care less. You, on the other hand, have taken this "Big Dan" obsession to a wholly different level.

?????

Sorry, but you have me confused with someone else. 

4 minutes ago, pitbull said:

?????

Sorry, but you have me confused with someone else. 

No, "Big Dan" has only one Boswell on this forum, and it is you.

Just now, mdrunning said:

No, "Big Dan" has only one Boswell on this forum, and it is you.

?????

Again, you have me confused with someone else. I’ve been here 18 years & have a reputation for dealing solely with facts. If you can’t handle facts (and its fairly obvious you cannot) then I suggest you move on to other initiatives, such as Chris Davis, or Buck, or Britton remaining in the bullpen in the 2016 Wild Card game for example.