pitbull

How Long Until Big Dan (Duquette) is Fired?

79 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

Be careful. You might just get what you wish.

What has DD done this year or last that warrants (1) him not being fired or (2) warrants an extension. 

I’d really be interested in hearing anyone’s thoughts.

Posted (edited)

DD was vetoed on a Britton trade to Houston. You

3 hours ago, pitbull said:

What has DD done this year or last that warrants (1) him not being fired or (2) warrants an extension. 

I’d really be interested in hearing anyone’s thoughts.

We don't know how many times he has made trade attempts but has been vetoed by Angelos.   We know his trade of Britton to Houston last summer was vetoed.  Would you rather have Brady?

Edited by Calnative

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Calnative said:

DD was vetoed on a Britton trade to Houston. You

We don't know how many times he has made trade attempts but has been vetoed by Angelos.   We know his trade of Britton to Houston last summer was vetoed.  Would you rather have Brady?

I don’t want any of those idiots. 

Do you not remember Duquette & his DFA spree in 2015? The only excuse for that was laziness & incompetence. Anyone who would have actually planned for the 2015 season would not have had those issues.

Or the six-man garbage rotation from 2017?

Edited by pitbull

If you're going to hire a another GM (which I think is inevitable), then do it after the season and let him decide on a new manager. There's really no point in making changes now when both Duquette's and Showalter's contracts are up at season's end.

If one or the other should go in-season, it's make more sense to fire the manager. Just name Dickerson or Russell the interim manager to play out the string, then focus on more long-term solutions once the season's over. With the trade deadline approaching, it would be really foolish to bring in another GM and expect him to make the the most informed decisions. Better to go with the devil you know. And there's also the matter of Brady Anderson. I'm not sure I want him handling deadline decisions, and a new GM probably isn't going to want him having so much input regarding roster moves.

Right now there are just too many chiefs.